CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning

2 posters

Go down

Transitioning Empty Transitioning

Post by ambutts 13th March 2010, 5:15 pm

Hello again,

How can I take care of my relaxed hair while not damaging my natural hair. Usually permed hair will break if you don't relax it again in six weeks.

April
Smyna, GA

ambutts

Back to top Go down

Transitioning Empty Re: Transitioning

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 13th March 2010, 6:03 pm

I am three months into transitioning. I did a lot of research when I decided to transition. According to the information I gathered, you should treat your whole head of hair as if it is natural. Start using natural products. Keep hair mosturized and do protective syles like twist-outs, braid-outs, roller sets, bantu knots, etc. Make sure to deep condition weekly. Also, avoid using shampoos with sulfates and parabens. Do not use any hair grease or mosturizer with mineral oil or petrolatum in it. I am also co-washing my hair once a week. Co-washing is washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. A hot oil treatment is also good to do. I alternate between doing a hot oil treatment and deep conditioning. I have had minimal breakage at the demarcation line (the line where your natural hair meets your relaxed hair). I hope this helps. I am still a newbie in the transitioning stage and am still learning. You might want to check out You Tube and type in the words transitioning to natural hair. There is a wealth of information on You Tube. Also, there is a wealth of information on this site as well as other natural hair sites.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 13th March 2010, 6:05 pm

I also meant to tell you to invest in a large tooth comb. Only comb your hair with this comb when it is wet. Never comb or brush when dry. Wrap you hair at night with a satin or silk cap or scarf.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down