CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna...dramatic changes.

3 posters

Go down

Henna...dramatic changes. Empty Henna...dramatic changes.

Post by 7andfive 11th March 2010, 9:59 am

I had my first henna around Thanksgiving. My hair has been slowly but drastically changing. Prior to my 1st Henna, I had a lot of damage, lots of shrinkage but my hair was tightly coiled beautiful 4b. Last night, I did my 5th Henna.
After the henna, I noticed how long my hair has grown (I'm also taking biotin and msm) and the thickness but what bothered me was that my curls continue to loosen, which is probably why my hair looks so much longer. In fact since I started Henna, a few people have accused me of texturizing my hair. My curls have greater definition now but that could also be because I started using gel- didn't before henna
I think, I'll give up Henna for a few months and when I come back I'll try it with alma to stop the curl loosening. Besides the curl loosening, I LOVE my results- thick, long and healthy hair.
I'll try to find some before/after pics to post soon.

7andfive

Back to top Go down

Henna...dramatic changes. Empty Re: Henna...dramatic changes.

Post by R2D2 11th March 2010, 9:09 pm

Yes, that's a very common by product of henna. Since it coats the hair strand, it weighs it down and gives the appearance of less curl. I really notice it straight after I henna but after several washes, the curl returns somewhat. You could try only hennaing every 6 weeks and usign the amla powder. I'm not entirely sure how good amla powder is at counteracting it though. Maybe Butterqueen could comment.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 12th March 2010, 12:21 pm

Hi there,
yes henna is notoriously known for 'loosening' curl patterns. I personally, when I'm in a hennaing mood and trying to achieve some color result by doing henna about once a week my curl pattern just kind of goes haywire, lol. Some areas of it become practically straight (bear in mind this is doing henna once a week for about 4-6 weeks).
Now recapturing the curly can be kind of tricky (not really, but it does take a little effort) but I generally use a product called the 'Original conditioning hair masque" which is a mixture of natural clays and oils and between it and shampooing the curly comes back after 1-2 treatments and of course washing will help the process as well.
Hope this info helps,
Sharika
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down