CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

naomimaxine927

5 posters

Go down

naomimaxine927 Empty naomimaxine927

Post by naomimaxine927 9th March 2010, 8:26 pm

My decision to go natural was not exactly intentional, honestly, it was due to being lazy lol.

My last relaxer was January 23, 2009. I self relaxed using any relaxer kit that was the cheapest at the time, or on sale, but because the drug store was a few minutes away (walking distance), so I kept putting it on hold, and then my boyfriend suggest that I just don't get one, so I never did, and started transitioning.

One particular Forum (not sure if I could name it naomimaxine927 Icon_razz ) helped me a lot during my transition. I joined a few months before my transition, but I never used it, just lurked. So talking with people on there I learned about natural hair, and how to care for it, that and videos on youtube. Natural Hair Care Journey's were a great source of inspiration to keep pushing.

My go to style was Bantu Knots, I was doing them on my relaxed so I continued to do it through my transition. Loved it until about 4 or 5 months post. I did bantu knots on wet/damp hair, and they started sticking up instead of falling like my relaxed or early post hair would. Was made fun of, and poked at, but kept at it.From there I learned about deep conditioning, roller sets/ straw sets, moisturizing and sealing, dusting. I formed a regimen and kept up with it.

Another reason I liked my relaxed hair, is because of the bald spots I have on both sides of my head. I have been missing patches of hair since I was a child, and I relied on my hair to hide them, I guess you can say I was ashamed, part of me still is. Anyway, I wanted to see if I could do something about it myself, as my mother took me to a dermatologist as a child, and I even received medicine that was suppose to promote growth. It didn't work.

So in doing my own research, and lurking on forums lol, I came across cayenne pepper for hair growth, and from what I read, I learned that cayenne pepper stimulates blood flow, and from then on (February 2009) I have been making my own cayenne pepper mix, using ground pepper, paprika, water, and oil, the oil varies, but it turns into a paste, and I put it on my spots a half hour to an hour, and rinse it out, usually end up having to shampoo or cowash to get it all out.

I self bced on October 16, 2009. I just finished washing my hair, and I could see my relaxed ends sticking together, and decided to go for it. My boyfriend thought I should have waited until my hair was longer, but I felt ready. Now I'm doing more than just Bantu knot outs, I've learned how to do individuals, and just installed kinky twists (with the help of youtube tutorials) I'm still learning though, but my spots are filling in, and my hair is longer than it has been in years! Going natural was the best decision that I have made!

Sorry it's so long! naomimaxine927 Lol
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

naomimaxine927 Empty Re: naomimaxine927

Post by bholmes87 9th March 2010, 8:27 pm

Thanks for sharing your story!!! Welcome to the challenge Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 9th March 2010, 8:58 pm

Thank you, I feel welcome already! naomimaxine927 Icon_biggrin
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th March 2010, 9:11 pm

I've also heard about the cayenne pepper. I had a self-made bald spot in my head (trich) and someone recommended ORS Templle Balm. It has the cayenne said to stimulate growth. I used it for a while but don't anymore because it has other bad stuff (petrolatum, etc) and the spot has grown tremendously because I don't pull anymore. Anyway, welcome to the challenge.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2010, 10:05 pm

pepper? Now that is the first I have heard that. Welcome to the family, I enjoyed your story!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 12:13 am

Welcome!

Enjoy and participate as often as you like, we won't bite.
Laughing
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum