CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KDiva430

+4
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
KDiva430
8 posters

Go down

KDiva430 Empty KDiva430

Post by KDiva430 9th March 2010, 1:24 am

I call my hair boo since I've been natural, before it didn't have a name, it was just my hair. It didn't become my boo immediately, I had to grow to love her.
Here is the whole story-
I stretched the time in between perms anyway due to being lazy and cheap, plus I liked the curly look I would have all summer. I normally would perm in January, April and then in the fall. I will have to find the picture that inspired me to stop perming, I dared to have some highlights and the nerve to have them touched up again. The second time, caused the highlights to break off leaving my hair stringy looking. That was January 2008, I thought I would transition slowly doing mini chops. I wasn't particularly comfortable with the idea of having short hair. September 2008 after having some cornrows (with hair) for a month I took my braids down and liked the braid out so I wore it out while running errands and people loved it. The next day, I had my friend's mom wash my hair. Without combing my hair out. All the hair that you normally shed daily was still in the mix and got tangled. Tried using a pin, tried rosemary oil, made an emergency call to the hairdresser. Had to BC, no choice. I went from armpit length hair to TWA. The next morning I looked in the rearview mirror and decided I could not go into work and face all the questions and had it rebraided, thankfully my hair was just long enough for them to 'catch' it. I thought, I could just keep it braided and only a few people will know that my hair was cut. After a month, it was time for them to come down and I realized that it is just hair, it doesn't define me. I told everyone at my job on Friday that when I come in on Monday, I'm going to have short hair. Told them the whole story, they thought I was making it up. Monday came, I put on my cute headband that coordinated with my shirt, and went to work. Nobody could believe I cut it all off, but nobody had anything negative to say. Since then I've been on the internet finding way to get it grow healthy and strong. As it has gotten longer, I like it and the way my curls just do their own thing. I still don't have a routine or a method to my madness, I wash and go. When it gets cold I get it braided. I have zero patience or talent when it come to hairstying and due to nerve damage in my arms, I really can have my arms over my head very long. So for now I am enjoying the my WnG 'fro and waiting for when I have enough length for a ponytail.
My braids, KDiva430 100_0010

When they came down KDiva430 100_0110

Wash and Go
KDiva430 100_0111
KDiva430
KDiva430

Back to top Go down

KDiva430 Empty Re: KDiva430

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th March 2010, 1:25 am

Welcome to the challenge!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2010, 1:33 am

Welcome and have fun here KDiva430 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th March 2010, 10:32 am

Welcome! Your WnG looks lovely. Can you share how you achieve it, please?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th March 2010, 10:38 am

Good Morning and welcome. Yes, your WNG looks great ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th March 2010, 1:44 pm

Welcome to the challenge....you may find all the answers to your questions here, and if you don't someone here will be able to tell you where you can find it!!!

Enjoy!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th March 2010, 3:55 pm

Welcome to you and your boo!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2010, 4:15 pm

LOL, I love your boo!! Welcome to the family!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum