CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil

+6
Hartphelt
MsVera
feelinme
jamaicanmecurly
LadyMika
Vee
10 posters

Go down

Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil Empty Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil

Post by Vee 4th March 2010, 7:14 pm

Hey ya'll!

I am new to CN and see that alot curlies talking about coconuct oil, shea butter and castor oil. I was wondering where is the best place to purchase these items at a reasonable price (I am a stay-at-home mom and balling on a budget [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )? I would love to find it in a local store like Walmart, Sally's, Target...etc. but I am not sure if any of these places carry it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks in advance for your help ladies! CN rocks!
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil Empty Re: Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil

Post by LadyMika 4th March 2010, 7:24 pm

Vee wrote:Hey ya'll!

I am new to CN and see that alot curlies talking about coconuct oil, shea butter and castor oil. I was wondering where is the best place to purchase these items at a reasonable price (I am a stay-at-home mom and balling on a budget [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )? I would love to find it in a local store like Walmart, Sally's, Target...etc. but I am not sure if any of these places carry it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks in advance for your help ladies! CN rocks!

Welcome! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GNC and/or Vitamin Shoppe (if either of those are near you) carries castor oil and coconut oil, as well as a local health food store. As for shea butter, your may have to order it (Butters N Bars is just one of many sites that offer it). Or, if there's a market where organic goods are sold, you might find it there. 1lb typically goes for $8.

Hope this helps!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil Empty Re: Coconut oil, shea butter and castor oil

Post by jamaicanmecurly 4th March 2010, 8:16 pm

My vitamin shoppe sells unrefined raw shea butter in case you want one stop shopping! Welcome!!!!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 7th March 2010, 1:39 am

Um I purchased my Shea from a place called Shea essentials online I think I paid like 6 bucks for a pound, castor oil from vitamin shoppe for about 5-6 and the coconut oil from vitamin shoppe for about 7 bucks. Whole foods has it too. I actually made my first whipped Shea butter with Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and castor oil. I works great on the skin and hair.

Good luck with you product search.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 11th March 2010, 2:07 am

I got my raw, unrefined Shea Butter from madinaonline.com for $4.50. They also had coconut, avocado, olive oil, etc but none were virgin, so didn't purchase. I did however find raw, unrefined cocoa butter....1 lb for $8.00 and bought that lol!

Edit:
Sorry, that Shea Butter was $3.99
http://madinaonline.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=M214&eq=&Tp=

Last edited by MsVera on 11th March 2010, 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 11th March 2010, 4:33 am

I got my first jar of coconut oil from Food Lion in the organic section but it wasn't virgin, the second time i purchased it, was from a natural health food store and that was virgin i didn't notice a huge difference between the two except the virgin coconut oil may be give more of a shine and its more expensive. I got my shea butter from my local beauty supply store and once a beauty supply store in atlanta. As the other ladies stated, you can find it online too. They don't sell it in department stores as far as i know. You can find castor oil in walmart, its in the laxitive aisle it comes in a small bottle for about 2 or 3 dollars. I really like it, but i'm ordering some jamaican black castor oil as soon as i find a website that has it in stock. Its not sold in any stores that i've been to.
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 11th March 2010, 11:06 pm

Thanks ladies!

I found the unrefined Shea butter at my local beauty supply store...and I am still on the hunt for coconut oil.
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking4herselfnow 26th March 2010, 5:02 pm

I just ordered coconut oil (7 fl oz tub), castor oil (16 fl oz bottle), whole leaf aloe vera gel (32 oz quart bottle), and veggie glycerin (16 fl oz bottle). . . total cost (with shipping and a $5.00 off coupon code) $23.01 Smile

Oh, and here is another coupon code for you NOW324.

Also, I purchased my unrefined shea butter off of amazon.com for about $8 dollars I believe for a 1-lb tub.

Happy Shopping, LJ
Thinking4herselfnow
Thinking4herselfnow

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th March 2010, 5:05 pm

Thinking4herselfnow wrote:I just ordered coconut oil (7 fl oz tub), castor oil (16 fl oz bottle), whole leaf aloe vera gel (32 oz quart bottle), and veggie glycerin (16 fl oz bottle). . . total cost (with shipping and a $5.00 off coupon code) $23.01 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, I purchased my unrefined shea butter off of amazon.com for about $8 dollars I believe for a 1-lb tub.

Happy Shopping, LJ

On another note, I love your screen name.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking4herselfnow 26th March 2010, 5:27 pm

RoseBud wrote:
Thinking4herselfnow wrote:I just ordered coconut oil (7 fl oz tub), castor oil (16 fl oz bottle), whole leaf aloe vera gel (32 oz quart bottle), and veggie glycerin (16 fl oz bottle). . . total cost (with shipping and a $5.00 off coupon code) $23.01 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Happy Shopping, LJ

On another note, I love your screen name.

Thanks Smile
Thinking4herselfnow
Thinking4herselfnow

Back to top Go down

Post by SheaAy 3rd May 2010, 9:33 pm

Hi!

You can get the shea butter (pure unrefined) from Shea Essentials for $8.50 a pound with free shipping. We (yes, I own the company) also carry a 4 oz jar of pure coconut oil for $4.99. I am considering bigger sizes for my bulk ingredients section as well as the castor oil. We also make all natural braid oil spray, and hair butters. Check them out at www.SheaEssentials.com

Please let me know if you feel we should carry anything else, I am always looking to expand my offering.

SheaAy

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 3rd May 2010, 10:39 pm

iherb.com
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down