CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours!

+2
Russet
naturalmuse86
6 posters

Go down

The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours! Empty The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours!

Post by naturalmuse86 28th February 2010, 3:20 pm

I'm a newbie so first, hey yall!

Secondly, I'm finally making the BC. I'm going a la Solange Knowles and cutting it ALL off. I'm going to Great Clips when I get off from work.

I've been wrestling with this decision for years...but I finally believe that the time is right. I've had relaxers for as long as I can remember. Recently I jumped on the weave bandwagon and I noticed that I honestly didn't feel attractive without other people's hair in my head. I know I'm a good looking black woman so that's ludicrous...but I seriously felt naked without the weave. Finally I've reached the point where I'm going to do what I've been wanting to do and go natural.

I don't want to do a long transition because I feel like I need a clean slate...I'm tired of weaves and braids just make my scalp itch and I end up wasting money cuz I want them out after week 2.

I've done the pixie cut thing so I look good with super short hair so that's not the part that scares me....for awhile I was worried my bf wouldn't find me attractive anymore and he's still kind of leery about it but ultimately he told me he supports me and he wouldn't find me any less beautiful or desirable so I'm good to go in that arena. I'm a fulltime student and I work in a coffeeshop...we don't have any explicit rules about hair but I'm still kind of nervous about their reaction to my supershort hair...but just in case I have a copy of their policies and if they try to fire me for it, have a day. And I'm not going to lie...I was a little nervous that people would think I'm a lesbian/sick/doing it for attention...but at some point, you really do have to say screw everybody else and do what's right for you.

I'm nervous but the excitement definitely overwhelms the nervousness...I just keep thinking about how kinky and curly my newgrowth always looked before I had it relaxed. And how liberating it's going to feel to not be defined by other people's standards of beauty. So excited!

Will post pics after it goes down.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for upkeep?
naturalmuse86
naturalmuse86

http://www.naturalmuse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours! Empty Re: The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours!

Post by Russet 28th February 2010, 6:54 pm

Welcome naturalmuse!

I'm sure you could care less about people's reactions or thoughts towards your natural hair. I am so happy for you! I love how courageous and brave you ladies are about BC early in your hair journeys. I don't think I could ever do it. Like you, I'm sure I'd still look attractive with short hair, but I personally just feel uncomfortable without having length.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pics k!
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours! Empty Re: The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours!

Post by 3rdTimeAround 28th February 2010, 7:18 pm

I just got home from getting my BC @ Visible Changes. I was going to wait until June then Spring Break but on Friday I just knew it was time. Last night I decided I was not going to work Monday without a BC.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th February 2010, 8:53 pm

Come on now, post them pics ... Congratulations!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmuse86 28th February 2010, 9:20 pm

Aww thanks for the support everyone!
@ AuBurn: yeah...I was nervous about the length myself (still am)...but I kind of felt like if I didn't do it in one fell swoop, I'd never do it. also, i have zero patience haha...i really admire posters i've seen here that have taken months to grow it out before doing the BC
@ 3rdTimeAround: is your image post the BC? if so that's fierce! i'd be in hog heaven if mine looked that way. currently it's very TWA and a little dry for my taste...i'm going product hunting in the AM though
@BlondebyDesire: your wish is my command!

Just left from the salon...I felt the chains break with every snip lol. I have a crappy cameraphone, but the bday is soon and I'm going to upgrade and get a good digital cam. But anyway, here's a pic:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/93/36/84/patsne13.jpg

I'm going to peruse the product topic as well but if anyone knows of any miracle ointments to keep it moisturized, I'd be forever in your debt. I'm using this olive oil stuff currently but it still looks really dry :/
naturalmuse86
naturalmuse86

http://www.naturalmuse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The BC is going down in t minus 2.5 hours! Empty Well done!

Post by TMS 28th February 2010, 9:23 pm

naturalmuse86 wrote:Aww thanks for the support everyone!
@ AuBurn: yeah...I was nervous about the length myself (still am)...but I kind of felt like if I didn't do it in one fell swoop, I'd never do it. also, i have zero patience haha...i really admire posters i've seen here that have taken months to grow it out before doing the BC
@ 3rdTimeAround: is your image post the BC? if so that's fierce! i'd be in hog heaven if mine looked that way. currently it's very TWA and a little dry for my taste...i'm going product hunting in the AM though
@BlondebyDesire: your wish is my command!

Just left from the salon...I felt the chains break with every snip lol. I have a crappy cameraphone, but the bday is soon and I'm going to upgrade and get a good digital cam. But anyway, here's a pic:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/93/36/84/patsne13.jpg

I'm going to peruse the product topic as well but if anyone knows of any miracle ointments to keep it moisturized, I'd be forever in your debt. I'm using this olive oil stuff currently but it still looks really dry :/

Lookin' good! I bet you feel as if you're walkin' on air. Congrats!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 28th February 2010, 10:26 pm

That has to feel great, to be liberated and free from the relaxers!! And it looks good too Smile I'm so excited for and with you!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down