CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itchy Scalp

+2
Muz
MellowOne
6 posters

Go down

Itchy Scalp Empty Itchy Scalp

Post by MellowOne 24th February 2010, 11:44 pm

I keep my hair and scalp oiled but it is itching like crazy. Is anyone having the same prob?

I have been using Wild Growth and I know some ppl say your scalp itches when your hair grows. I hope that this is true because how my scalp is itching my hair will be down my back [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . But seriously I have been washing my hair once a week (co washes) and shampoo washes every 2-3 weeks. I don't know if I am using to much product need to wash more or what. I am lost on this, I never had this problem when I was getting relaxers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

If anyone is or has experienced this what did/are you doing to get relief?
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Itchy Scalp Empty Re: Itchy Scalp

Post by Muz 25th February 2010, 12:58 am

You may want to cut down on the oils. Usually when my hair is itching I wash it and it's all good, but if I put too much product on it then it starts itching again before a week is up. And do you deep condition?
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th February 2010, 1:17 am

I was thinking I might be using too much product because have been putting the Wild growth in every other night and sometimes with coconut oil on my edges and my ends with the leave in conditioner everynight.

I have been deep conditioning with henna n placenta.

I just washed my hair the night before last and its itching already I may wash it again and only use the wild growth on my edges where im having problems and see if that helps. I am not loving washing my hair I haven't found a good detangler yet...
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by .nikki.b. 26th February 2010, 10:56 pm

You can try using ACV(apple cider vinegar) as a rinse or put it in before you wash. If you use it as a rinse you may want to dilute it with half water. The smaell is really strong and may give you a headache but it will wash away.
.nikki.b.
.nikki.b.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shanikque-Brand/575929029

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th February 2010, 11:58 pm

ok i will try that .nikki. i just washed my hair again today but i will let u know if it helps when i use it...thank you
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 27th February 2010, 1:32 am

I was just about make a thread about this because I'm going through the same thing!
I tried the ACV rinse and after about two days my head started to itch again. Which is a improvement since sometimes right after washing my hair will itch. Any suggestions?
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th February 2010, 6:02 pm

@Skluffy101 I think it must just be the growth because I washed my hair yesterday and I mean washed it good did a DC and only put in a little leave in conditioner with a little coconut oil on top and today my hair still itches. If I oil it the itching is still there so its not dryness the only thing I can see is the growth. Next time I wash I will try the ACV and see if that helps. We may just be in the group of ppl that have to do 2 washes a week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 27th February 2010, 8:38 pm

Yeah maybe you are right because it even itches when I am moisturizing my scalp! lol Afterwards it my die down a little but there is still this little tiny but persistent itch (its there even as I am typing this!)
Ugh I'm so comfortable in just washing it once a week, I'm too lazy to do it anymore than that. Razz
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 28th February 2010, 11:57 pm

Try adding peppermint oil in your leave-in concoction. The cooling effect really calmed down the itching sensation for me. Also, since I've been Henna-ing my scalp has been 100x better.
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st March 2010, 12:02 am

Thank you MzLaLaRochelle, hmm peppermint oil do they sell that in most stores? It sounds refreshing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 1st March 2010, 12:15 am

No problem @MellowOne! I bought my organic peppermint oil from Whole Foods (I think it was around $11 for the tiniest bottle..smh), but I'm sure other natural/organic stores like Trader Joes, sell it. Hopefully you can find it for cheaper. It is so refreshing tho! My 5yr old son keeps saying I smell like toothpaste and that he likes it! haha
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st March 2010, 1:14 am

@MzLaLaRochelle I did a search on this and it is also supposed to be good for growth...thanks bunches for this mention im ordering some from the vitamin shoppe right now with AO because I can't find that anywhere where I live.

My daughter is 5 and that sounds like something she would say,they are soo funny at this age. lol

I can't wait to use the peppemint oil...I think that I am becoming a pj [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st March 2010, 1:26 am

I take that back we have a vitamin shoppe so I will be going there tomorrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aw man! I miss read it said vitamin world and they dont have either product so I will be ordering it online

Last edited by MellowOne on 1st March 2010, 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st March 2010, 11:55 am

I experienced the same thing when I relaxed my strands. I believe I just have a dry scalp and wash once a month with a shampoo particulary for this condition. I also add both tea tree and peppermint oils to my conditioning and moisturizing products. I read that castor oil relieves this problem better than EVOO and EVCO.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 2nd March 2010, 12:49 am

I have been getting better with my products...I have soo many now I have eliminated some that were not doing my hair justice...I did take your advice HAMPTONFNST and ordered some jbco I don't have it yet but that will be something I will try with the peppermint oil. I feel closer to my regimen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just had to become a PJ on the way [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd March 2010, 11:46 am

Great! I use that stuff on my edges to stimulate growth and just bought some plain CO that I hope to try during the next wash. Remember a lil bit goes along way and I may need to warn you about the smell with JBCO. It's strong. Let us know what you think when your delivery arrives.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 2nd March 2010, 5:38 pm

ok I will...its seems a lot of the good stuff has a strong smell sometimes good sometimes bad lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd March 2010, 11:39 am

I can smell that stuff in my sleep, LOL. It's that strong.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down