CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to Henna

+4
Juices-n-Berries
curlycourt10
R2D2
Naturalandhappy
8 posters

Go down

Wanting to Henna Empty Wanting to Henna

Post by Naturalandhappy 24th February 2010, 5:18 pm

Hello ladies, questionon how to Henna & what is a good brand to by I heard that Mehndiskinart the brand Jamilia 08 or 09. Any advise or indtructions my hair is brown & I have a few grey I just want to keep it brown. I have read where people day there hair ha a hint of red. Mixing people put lemon juice, & etc. Help I feel lost when it comes to this process sorry don't mean to sound stupid. Just want too make sure I'm understanding how this work I hear so many good things about it. woot! Embarassed

Naturalandhappy

Back to top Go down

Wanting to Henna Empty Re: Wanting to Henna

Post by R2D2 24th February 2010, 6:44 pm

Jamilla is a great brand but by itself it will result in reddish hair. You can mix it with indigo powder if you want to achieve brown - a 50:50 ratio might be the best to achieve brown. You can purchase indigo powder at the same online retailers that sell henna. It is very difficult to get indigo powder in an ordinary store. Good luck!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalandhappy 24th February 2010, 7:24 pm

Thanks for the information where do you suggest I purchase I know Wholefood has it but I'm not sure of what brand too buy ordering on line can get expense. But of I have too no problem right now the package I would need is 18.00 that includes the Alma & indigo & I would like too stock up. I may order on Friday & do the two at a time I'm just not big on ordering online.

Naturalandhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlycourt10 10th March 2010, 5:06 pm

Did you try the henna from Whole Foods? If so, which did you buy and how did it work? I am looking to henna and like you I would prefer to not purchase online, but I will if I have to.

curlycourt10

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th March 2010, 7:08 pm

I am not sure where you're from, but if there is an Indian store or grocery in your city, henna should be available there. I believe reshma (don't quote me) is the brand people usually find but I wanna say someone saw jamilla at one too. Maybe u can google and see if there's any Indi Marts where you live. I bought my first henna online but I live in Houston so I knowwwww there's plenty of Indian stores. Next time I'm going to save myself some shipping and handling costs. Good luck! HTH
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Wanting to Henna Empty I'm apprehensive too

Post by dnlejns 10th March 2010, 7:27 pm

I'm worried about my hair turning red. I like my natural hair color but I do want to try the henna because I've been hearing so many fabulous things about it. I'm looking at Jamillas site right now and I'm confused. Lol im not to comfortable playing chemist when it comes to foreign products. But I know its a task we naturals have to endure.
dnlejns
dnlejns

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaïna 28th March 2010, 11:38 am

Hi dear,

order from

http://www.hennasooq.com/

everything is purely natural, literally everything she has.

no chemicals, no additives, just what you are asking for.

Ciao

Shaïna

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 28th March 2010, 2:44 pm

dnlejns wrote:I'm worried about my hair turning red. I like my natural hair color but I do want to try the henna because I've been hearing so many fabulous things about it. I'm looking at Jamillas site right now and I'm confused. Lol im not to comfortable playing chemist when it comes to foreign products. But I know its a task we naturals have to endure.
You may use Cassia Powder (aka Neutral Henna), which is henna without color. You may purchase it from our CurlyNikki member ButterQueen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], who along with Curly Nikki is running the Butters-N-Bars Challenge here on the forum http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the link for Cassia http://www.butters-n-bars.com/bundlesandadd_ins.html You may also want to browse around for some other wonderful items ButterQueen has.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't forget to include the "CurlyNikki" code for an additional 10% off your entire order if you place your order with Butters-N-Bars.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by dnlejns 29th March 2010, 5:24 pm

aw great! thanks everyone!!!
dnlejns
dnlejns

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 30th March 2010, 2:29 am

Hi,

I'm new to the site, but so grateful to find ya'll !

This is my second place posting this, not for sure what it falls under.

I was wondering I did my first powders a few days ago, some Alma, Brahmi and Maka Bhringraj Powders, oh and the Vadika oil and warm distilled water , ok so right and my hair is sooo dry, I did a DC with some of Oyin's Honey Hemp Conditioner and Jamican Castor oil, then I sealed with some melted shea butter and coconut oil. and pulled my hair in a pony in hopes to trim my ends the next day, well, my hair was so dry. I don't know if mixing the powders caused this. I didn't measure. I had more of the Maka Bhringraj more than any. This is my first time so I'm not for sure which one is best in just promoting strength. I want to Henna but now I am so scurred from the drying.

So my question is this,

Should I pre-poo with oil or anything else prior to doing the powders ?

Should I just use one powder at a time ?

I kept it on for an hour, is this too long ?

I'm a bit discouraged about all of this at this point.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 30th March 2010, 6:54 am

Welcome Agore07!

What do the Brahmi and Maka Bhringraj powders do?

If they are for strengthening the hair, you may find that using henna by itself on a regular basis is enough. It sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed with all the different things to try and it may be difficult to isolate which powder is causing the extra dry hair.

You can use the Vatika oil (or Amla mixed with coconut oil) as a pre-poo for one hour to reduce drying. I do this and sometimes add in minced garlic as an anti shedding agent.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 30th March 2010, 12:48 pm

R2D2, thanks for welcoming me, are you suggesting that I use the Vatika oil or Alma mixed with coconut oil for a pre-poo prior to the Hena treatment ? at this point I am more concerned about the Hesh powders being drying so should I pre-poo with oil prior to those treatments, the Brahmi is for strength and so is the Maka but the Maka is also for healing scalp issues and for strength.

I imagine I can pre-poo prior to the hesh powders as well, I was thinking of just using one at a time to see what my hair likes, and only using the Maka on my scalp when it gets a big irritated. I dunno, but yea I do feel a bit discouraged. I want to do the hena but my hair felt like straw after the hesh powders so that freaked me out.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 30th March 2010, 5:52 pm

agore07 wrote:Hi,

I'm new to the site, but so grateful to find ya'll !

This is my second place posting this, not for sure what it falls under.

I was wondering I did my first powders a few days ago, some Alma, Brahmi and Maka Bhringraj Powders, oh and the Vadika oil and warm distilled water , ok so right and my hair is sooo dry, I did a DC with some of Oyin's Honey Hemp Conditioner and Jamican Castor oil, then I sealed with some melted shea butter and coconut oil. and pulled my hair in a pony in hopes to trim my ends the next day, well, my hair was so dry. I don't know if mixing the powders caused this. I didn't measure. I had more of the Maka Bhringraj more than any. This is my first time so I'm not for sure which one is best in just promoting strength. I want to Henna but now I am so scurred from the drying.

So my question is this,

Should I pre-poo with oil or anything else prior to doing the powders ?

Should I just use one powder at a time ?

I kept it on for an hour, is this too long ?

I'm a bit discouraged about all of this at this point.
Agore07, welcome to the Curly Nikki Forum. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] In addition to R2D2's suggestions, here is the first place you posted your question and received more suggestions.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/henna-f1/submit-your-mix-and-a-picture-t29-150.htm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down