CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisting for growth?

+6
AllNaturalBeauty
nikkinixnicole
QuietButterfly
Lena_Jolie
tiashaunteé
Karyn
10 posters

Go down

Twisting for growth? Empty Twisting for growth?

Post by Karyn 22nd February 2010, 2:31 am

So, for ten days before my vacation, I wore my hair in medium sized two-strand twists and during my vacation wore a twist-out. I got home on Friday and was (literally) jumping for joy to wash and dc. But when I stepped out of the shower after the wash, I don't know if I was going crazy or if my vision was failing me, but my hair looked thicker, so of course I was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] deep conditioned, air dryed, and twisted my hair right back up lol.

My question is: Did twisting help you retain length and gain thickness? I sure hope it's working for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Twisting for growth? Empty Re: Twisting for growth?

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd February 2010, 12:31 pm

Twisting can help with length retention because of low manipulation and also if you are protecting your ends by moisturizing and keeping them off of your clothes or brushing against rough surfaces.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena_Jolie 22nd February 2010, 1:06 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Twisting can help with length retention because of low manipulation and also if you are protecting your ends by moisturizing and keeping them off of your clothes or brushing against rough surfaces.

I agree w/ tiashauntee. I stayed twisted for the majority of the summer last year and my growth/length retention between my first pressed length check beforehand (in March) and my second one (in December) was amazing. Even with dry twisting now I can tell a difference in length. Protect your ends, moisturize, and clip any split and damaged ends you find [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 25th February 2010, 7:17 pm

I hope I see some results in my hair length in thickness like you Karyn. I twisted my hair last week, with the intention to leave it in for a month. After a month I'll take them out and wear a twist out for about a week, then wash, condition and twist it right back up.....I'll probably do this for at least 3 months.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 25th February 2010, 8:56 pm

Twists are the best for hair growth!!!!!

I wore twists constantly for 8 months (redid them every 2-3 weeks, dedication, i know..). This was back when I initially moved out of town for school. The length and fullness of my hair shocked everyone when I returned home [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Right now I'm trying to regrow my heat damaged hair and I will definately be rocking twists very soon (once i saw the length, i thought constant flat ironing would be a good choice for the entire summer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ..NO! ).
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 28th February 2010, 12:09 am

Karyn wrote:So, for ten days before my vacation, I wore my hair in medium sized two-strand twists and during my vacation wore a twist-out. I got home on Friday and was (literally) jumping for joy to wash and dc. But when I stepped out of the shower after the wash, I don't know if I was going crazy or if my vision was failing me, but my hair looked thicker, so of course I was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] deep conditioned, air dryed, and twisted my hair right back up lol.

My question is: Did twisting help you retain length and gain thickness? I sure hope it's working for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I completely agree with you, I wore my hair in small twist for almost 2 weeks then wore the twist out for 1 week and then co washed and deep condish my hair. I did this two times in a row and after washing my hair the 2nd time, it seemed thicker, and longer. I think this is a great style and it helps retain length!
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th February 2010, 9:42 am

Twists are definitly one the best protective styles. Growth can happen best when we just stop manipulating it so much. I love twists, but I've discovered my hair likes to breath, too. So I'll twist it for the weekend and let loose within a couple of days with twistout. I definitely see some growth and thickness.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 17th March 2010, 12:25 pm

I always wear my hair in twists and then french braid or something.. I haven't been doing it for long but I really see a difference
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 5th May 2010, 9:40 pm

any suggestions for a twa? do you think i can still do the 2 strand twists with my hair this short?
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 5th May 2010, 11:03 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Twisting can help with length retention because of low manipulation and also if you are protecting your ends by moisturizing and keeping them off of your clothes or brushing against rough surfaces.

Yes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down