CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Issues, Help me please

5 posters

Go down

Hair Issues, Help me please Empty Hair Issues, Help me please

Post by msjayeparker 16th February 2010, 11:59 pm

Hello Natural Sistas,

I have been natural for some time now (5 years). I have done the BC several times and even had dreads for 2 years. Now, I am trying to learn more about healthy natural hair and its amazing. The last time I cut my hair was May of 2009. My hair has been growing like crazy but, I have a dilemma. The middle of my hair has been breaking off really bad for the past 3 months. I have tried so many oils, moisturizers, and treatments. It itches a lot too. Can someone please help a sister out with some type of solution for this madness. Even when I am in bed at night it itches. I sleep with a satin bonnet and everything. The rest of my hair is growing healthy except for the middle (crown) of my head. I appreciate any input...I am in true need of a solution...

onelove,

jp
msjayeparker
msjayeparker

Back to top Go down

Hair Issues, Help me please Empty Re: Hair Issues, Help me please

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 1:35 pm

I have had the same problem all my life. My middle is itchy, thick, and shorter than the rest of my hair. Spraying organic aloe vera/tea tree mix helps a lot with the itching. Since I have been bunning this winter it has also been growing. It was a long time of trial and error to figure out what works for that portion of my hair. I also trimmed the section when trimming the rest of my hair because damaged ends where not helping the length difference.

aloe vera/tea tree: http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2010/01/recall-aloe-gro-treatment-video-that-i.html
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tonique 17th February 2010, 2:51 pm

Hello msjayeparker,

I had the problem for years and I found that I was allergic to shampoos with Soduim Laurel Sulfate in it. It sounds like you are allergic to something. Once I changed my shampoo and I use just a little bit of tea tree oil it stopped the itch and now my hair is growing. I hope this helps.

tonique

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 2:59 pm

tonique wrote:Hello msjayeparker,

I had the problem for years and I found that I was allergic to shampoos with Soduim Laurel Sulfate in it. It sounds like you are allergic to something. Once I changed my shampoo and I use just a little bit of tea tree oil it stopped the itch and now my hair is growing. I hope this helps.

I wonder what my issue is....I use a shampoo without sulfates. Hopefully one day I will figure it out.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by msjayeparker 18th February 2010, 2:26 am

Thanks so much ladies for your input and suggestions. I have been using tea tree oil for a while. It helps a little but not like I wish it would. I'm going to find out what im allergic to. ill keep you all posted on my progress...

thanks again...

jp
msjayeparker
msjayeparker

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 19th February 2010, 1:59 pm

You should consult with a dermatologist. You condition seem to be something that needs to be properly diagnosed in order to correctly treat.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 19th February 2010, 2:23 pm

I just posted something in my B-n-B thread about itching. I've been natural for a while now and I've never had problems with itching. I've only recently started to do more to take care better care of my hair and my scalp has been itching a lot. It's driving me crazy. I'm going to have to try some tea tree oil and see if that helps.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by msjayeparker 23rd February 2010, 2:53 am

Thank you ladies for you input, great appreciated. I am going to try and get a skin test done again to see what I am allergic to.

onelove and thanks again

jp
msjayeparker
msjayeparker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down