CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna and Bleach?

+11
joneeron
Madeaj
CarlaAR
rinkbh
Nappturall
R2D2
Russet
BajanPrincess82
cdawnlujan
cutephantasm
FemmeFox
15 posters

Go down

Henna and Bleach? Empty Henna and Bleach?

Post by FemmeFox 16th February 2010, 1:57 pm

Hey Ladies,

I would like your help and expertise. I want to henna my hair and am looking to get a very specific red color. I want a nice true RED, not Burgundy or Auburn. I know that since my natural hair color is off-black/dark brown that I am going to have to lighten it up.

My texture is 4b/c. I know that bleaching will loosen the curl to like a 3b/c at least. Even though I don't really want to loosen up my curl I know it will happen once I bleach it. So really the question is has anyone else ever bleached then henna'd? What were your results (positive and negative).

Thanks in advance for your help ladies!
~S
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Henna and Bleach? Empty Re: Henna and Bleach?

Post by cutephantasm 16th February 2010, 3:22 pm

I did not kno that bleaching loosened up the curl that much...I will be interested in the answer to this!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 16th February 2010, 3:23 pm

by the way, I wonder which is more damaging...bleaching or texturizing?
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 16th February 2010, 5:15 pm

I have done both (separately of course) but don't know. The 3b/c happened when I went from my natural color all the way to white blond. I had crazy shirley temple curls!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 16th February 2010, 7:51 pm

Well bleaching is a chemical treatment that is pretty permanent and damaging to your hair no matter how careful you are! It has chemicals that could react negatively to the natural ingredents in Henna (that's why they say you can't use chemical colors to your henna'd hair). I would say for health/safety reasons, dont do it! I've bleached before, and it TOTALLY ruined my hair even though it looked pretty!
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 16th February 2010, 11:01 pm

Maybe you should just dye your hair red with some color and forget about the henna.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 16th February 2010, 11:16 pm

^ I completely agree. The effects a dye can do to your hair is much less harsher than what bleach can do to your hair. Do you really wanna alter your hair's texture chemically? Body Art Quality henna can be used over bleach and hair dyes, but I am not sure you really want to go that route since you really dont know what shade the henna will give off. A dye is safer IMO
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 16th February 2010, 11:20 pm

I concur with the others. The bigger change to your natural hair colour, you should hand it over to a professional to do to minimise the potential of damage. I'd be quite concerned about what bleach would do to natural hair espcially if you are doing it at home and something goes wrong.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th February 2010, 1:41 pm

Thanks for all the input ladies. I'll probably just go to the shop and have it colored. I was going to go their anyway for the blonde.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nappturall 27th February 2010, 8:25 pm

Henna and bleach..will turn your hair green and then it will disappear
Nappturall
Nappturall

http://www.trwcreditgroup.com/angeljones

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 3rd March 2010, 1:33 pm

Nappturall wrote:Henna and bleach..will turn your hair green and then it will disappear

I definitely don't want that to happen! I will not use henna and bleach together. Thank you for all the help ladies!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by rinkbh 24th December 2010, 4:11 am

Hear all things are really nice and wonderful. As per my opinion is most of all people are used the henna product. It is effective. henna bleach is nice and protect skin very nice. I also use henna bleach.

rinkbh

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 26th December 2010, 1:50 pm

rinkbh wrote:Hear all things are really nice and wonderful. As per my opinion is most of all people are used the henna product. It is effective. henna bleach is nice and protect skin very nice. I also use henna bleach.

Can you please tell me what "henna bleach" is, because as far as I know, there's no such thing. There is henna, and there is bleach - not both wrapped up in one.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 26th December 2010, 2:19 pm

CarlaAR

I think rinkbh is a bot or something. Not a real person. The bot picks words from the original post and the forum, adds a few words and phrases to come up with what looks like a post. These 'posts' usually have a link at the bottom, hoping someone will click on it. DON'T click because the links sometimes lead to damaging content.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 26th December 2010, 2:33 pm

Wow, thanks for the heads up!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by joneeron 7th January 2011, 2:18 am

The major changes in your natural hair color, you must submit a professional to do to reduce the risk of injury. I would be worried about what would be natural hair bleaching, especially if you are at home and something goes wrong.

joneeron

Back to top Go down

Post by judithmcnaughts 21st January 2011, 10:32 am

I went to the salon. In the case of death is quite a good critical, and over henna bleach (or any red hair, I found) is quite difficult. I also have sensitive skin, and want to avoid frying my scalp as possible.

judithmcnaughts

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 18th February 2011, 5:17 pm

Wow! I never even heard of using bleach and henna together confused I mean if the objective is to loosen the curl...I would be patient and just use the henna alone and you may get those results eventually. I know you spoke about achieving a red color as well. Like some of the others have suggested I would try to get that professionally done! Good luck with that!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by bpjedi 18th February 2011, 7:41 pm

@CarlaAR

Attack of the spambots! I agree with Madeaj. (I'm guessing the two posts below your last one are spambots, too.)

There have been quite a few spambots in the forums lately. If someone's post sounds a bit garbled, *and* she doesn't have a picture *and* isn't a poster I'm familiar with, I won't click on a link. Any one of us could have typos here and there, and some people don't have avatars and some people are simply new to the forums (I'm relatively new!), but I rarely find all three of those to be the case if it isn't a bot.
bpjedi
bpjedi

Back to top Go down

Post by marrystary 5th March 2011, 12:06 am

Hear all are the information are fantastic and very useful for us. as per my opinion is most people are used this henna produce because it all henna products are good. I want to henna my hair and am looking to get a very specific red colour.

marrystary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down