CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Opening Ceremonies

+3
~JOME~
Cygnet
CupOf*T
7 posters

Go down

Olympic Opening Ceremonies Empty Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Post by CupOf*T 13th February 2010, 2:05 am

Hello all- up until now I had not joined the forum out of pure laziness. But I am an avid Curlynikki supporter and reader :-) I was just to lazy to post until now. I wanted to discuss the beautiful natural Sistah that sang Opera at the Olympic open in Vancouver- WOW! For anyone that did not see it she was an amazing, gorgeous woman rocking a big beautiful FRO! I loved it- I was already proud to see Michaelle Jean, Canada'a first black head of state and she was also showing her ah nat-u-ral hair. I just had to post about the 2 lovely naturals as well as the wonderful ceremony in our neighbor country, Canada. Big Ups to Canada tonight!!! Holla at me if you feel the love!
CupOf*T
CupOf*T

Back to top Go down

Olympic Opening Ceremonies Empty Re: Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Post by Cygnet 13th February 2010, 2:52 am

!!!!!YE-E-E-ESSSS!!!!! !!!!!YE-E-E-ESSSS!!!!! !!!!!YE-E-E-ESSSS!!!!! !!!!!YE-E-E-ESSSS!!!!! I FEEL IT!

In reference to the lady who sang the Olympic Hymn: To paraphrase a song, "What a fro, what a fro, what a fro, what a MIGHTY BIG FRO!!!!!"

That one fro was bigger than five people's heads! It swirled and curled, and poofed, and it sparkled and shimmered with some kind of sparkly stuff like stardust in that big, beautiful mountain of FRO-O-O-O!!!!! I love the Olympics! All the pagentry, the glory, the beauty, the grace, the artistry, the strength, the bravery, the honorableness, everything. And for these Opening Ceremonies, I finally had a chance to hear the Hymn sung by only one voice, so that I could finally actually hear the words that were being sung. And what was I focused on?! Not the poetry of the words, not the graceful lines of her gown, or the sweet power of her voice, or the emotions running through the moment! It all disappeared amid the beautiful creation that was that magnificent, glorious, in-your-face, bad-to-the-cortex !!!!!FRO!!!!!

Uh-huh. It was a'ight :-)

!!!!!!THE FRO!!!!! !!!!!OH, THE FRO-O-O-O-O—:-)!!!!!

Cygnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cygnet 13th February 2010, 2:55 am

'Scuse the enthusiasm, y'all :-)!

I suppose it's a good thing I recorded it. Now I can go back and rewatch—okay, enthusiasm curbed—the FRO!!!

Cygnet

Back to top Go down

Post by CupOf*T 13th February 2010, 4:22 pm

No need 4 apologies. I am still smiling. I'm just glad 2 see more n more naturals being potrayed in a positive light. I hope the US starts to show more of that...
CupOf*T
CupOf*T

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 13th February 2010, 5:40 pm

CupOf*T wrote:Hello all- up until now I had not joined the forum out of pure laziness. But I am an avid Curlynikki supporter and reader :-) I was just to lazy to post until now. I wanted to discuss the beautiful natural Sistah that sang Opera at the Olympic open in Vancouver- WOW! For anyone that did not see it she was an amazing, gorgeous woman rocking a big beautiful FRO! I loved it- I was already proud to see Michaelle Jean, Canada'a first black head of state and she was also showing her ah nat-u-ral hair. I just had to post about the 2 lovely naturals as well as the wonderful ceremony in our neighbor country, Canada. Big Ups to Canada tonight!!! Holla at me if you feel the love!

I saw the opening ceremonies with my mom and we were debating whether the opera lady's hair was real or not. My mother (who is a hair stylist) insisted that it was a hair piece because to her it looked "too perfect", but I was holding out the hope that it was her hair. Regardless of the fact, she was very beautiful and man could she sang! We both got chills from hearing her. I also like that Michaelle Jean was not only Haitian and governor of Canada, but she was sent by the Queen of England to represent her in the opening ceremonies because the Queen wasn't able to make it. Not bad for a natural sister!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th February 2010, 7:24 pm

~JOME~ wrote:
CupOf*T wrote:Hello all- up until now I had not joined the forum out of pure laziness. But I am an avid Curlynikki supporter and reader :-) I was just to lazy to post until now. I wanted to discuss the beautiful natural Sistah that sang Opera at the Olympic open in Vancouver- WOW! For anyone that did not see it she was an amazing, gorgeous woman rocking a big beautiful FRO! I loved it- I was already proud to see Michaelle Jean, Canada'a first black head of state and she was also showing her ah nat-u-ral hair. I just had to post about the 2 lovely naturals as well as the wonderful ceremony in our neighbor country, Canada. Big Ups to Canada tonight!!! Holla at me if you feel the love!

I saw the opening ceremonies with my mom and we were debating whether the opera lady's hair was real or not. My mother (who is a hair stylist) insisted that it was a hair piece because to her it looked "too perfect", but I was holding out the hope that it was her hair. Regardless of the fact, she was very beautiful and man could she sang! We both got chills from hearing her. I also like that Michaelle Jean was not only Haitian and governor of Canada, but she was sent by the Queen of England to represent her in the opening ceremonies because the Queen wasn't able to make it. Not bad for a natural sister!

It may have been, but she IS natural. Here's her website: http://www.measha.com/
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 13th February 2010, 7:26 pm

Muz wrote:
~JOME~ wrote:

It may have been, but she IS natural. Here's her website: http://www.measha.com/

That's good to know!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th February 2010, 9:30 pm

OMG I was thinking the same exact thing. I think I posted something in random thoughts. Both of the ladies had beautiful hair, made me proud!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 14th February 2010, 12:05 am

Hi all, Iwas watching last night too! Unfortunatley I missed the lady with the big fro I was sooo sleepy I was fighting to stay awake but I did see the governor and I noticed that she was natural right away. I am sorry I missed the other lady.! I love the olympics too!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by AgirlnamedAndy 14th February 2010, 2:01 pm

She is Canadian Opera singer Measha Brugergosman. Afrobella did a cool interview with her a few years ago. Well, the hair may have been a piece, but who cares? She brought the house down.

http://www.measha.com/
AgirlnamedAndy
AgirlnamedAndy

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 14th February 2010, 2:27 pm

Thank you Andy for posting that link! Her voice is beautiful!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down