CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Products in the Bay Area, CA

+3
cassadie3
Amarise
anaturalbeauty3
7 posters

Go down

Hair Products in the Bay Area, CA Empty Hair Products in the Bay Area, CA

Post by anaturalbeauty3 11th February 2010, 6:43 pm

Hi, I"m new in the Bay Area. I'm wanting to know where can I find curly hair products like Miss Jessie's, Mixed Chicks, etc. I also would like to know where I can find Shea butter, Indian Market, anything that can help. I live in East Bay in Concord near Walnut Creek. I will great appreciate your help. Also where's a good place to get my brows done? Thanks.
anaturalbeauty3
anaturalbeauty3

Back to top Go down

Hair Products in the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: Hair Products in the Bay Area, CA

Post by Amarise 11th February 2010, 9:12 pm

Hey Welcome to the Bay Area!

I'm in the south bay but nevertheless I pass through Concord to visit family sometimes.

I checked the Mixed Chicks site for their store locations and they have a salon in Walnut Creek called MC Enterprises that deals with hair extensions I believe. There's also a number you can call to see if they have the Mixed Chicks items in stock.

Miss Jessies website also has a store locator as well. If you're looking for some of the more natural hair products, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, & the Vitamin Shoppe will have those products. Vitamin Shoppe would be your best shot at shea butter as they have it online just not sure they have it instore. These places all either have a location in Walnut Creek or Concord.

You should definitely check out http://www.yelp.com/concord-ca
If you do a search for eyebrow waxing, indian grocery, etc., it will pull up a list of businesses in your area with reviews from people about them. Regardless if you're new or a native to the area, it's a handy guide to use all time to time for things to do, places to eat, checking on doctors, you name it.

Good luck on your search and getting settled soon.
Amarise
Amarise

Back to top Go down

Post by anaturalbeauty3 11th February 2010, 9:17 pm

anaturalbeauty3
anaturalbeauty3

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 12th February 2010, 6:48 pm

Miss Jessie's is retailed @ a salon in the Glen Park neighborhood of SF called Sassy Salon (right off the BART) and they also sell JessieCurl there too!

You can get DevaCare and DevaCurl from Madusalon on Divsadero in San Francisco.

There's a BOMB indian grocery on Mission St. in San Francisco (Mission district)

And right outside of the Ashby BART on weekends theres a market where I've always been able to pick up Shea Butter on the cheap (pure).

Rainbow Grocery (in SF) is where i get Coconut Oil on the cheap too (like $1.50 cheap) and they have a lot of bulk shampoos and conditioners and aloe vera gel and GREAT products that are really great for your hair...

um. all of this typing makes me want to shop! lemme know if you need a buddy! Smile
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 12th February 2010, 6:51 pm

oh YEA! and theres a beauty supply in the Oakland City Center ( 12th street BART stop) where they sell lots of good stuff INCLUDING the Kinky Curly line!
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 12th February 2010, 8:01 pm

Be prepared to hop on the Bart or drive a bit. Things like Indian Markets and eye brows can be found in every city, but stuff like natural hair care products, not so much. You'll need to make a trek out to San Francisco, San Jose, or the East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley, etc.).

The Beauty Center in Oakland (there are a couple of them spread throughout Oakland and Berkeley) carries Mixed Chicks, Curls, and Kinky Curly. There's a Trader Joe's next to the Beauty Center on Lakeshore in Oakland. If you come here you can kill 2 birds with one stone (assuming you use any Trader Joe's hair care stuff). I heard Target (selected stores in areas with lots of black folks) will be carrying Miss Jessie's @ the end of March. I too have bought some good quality Shea Butter from the Ashby Bart station on Sat or Sun.

As far as brows, I get mine threaded @ a place in Dublin called threads http://www.threadsbeautybar.com/. Very inexpensive ($10) and they do a good job. And right next door to them there is an Indian Market (Nameste) that sells Hesh Brahmi, Amla, shikaiki, neem, vatika oil, etc.

I also heard good things about iBar in Walnut Creek for brows. I've never gone there myself, but one of my girlfriends goes and her brows always look nice http://ibarwalnutcreek.com/index.html
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 12th February 2010, 8:13 pm

Komazahaircare.com - They are located in Sacramento, but ship really fast. Also, they prefer that you call and talk to them about your hair type/concerns so that you can sample the right products. Oh, and they give great freebies with your order. The two ladies are Jennifer & Renee - love them!!!!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 12th February 2010, 8:14 pm

Also at the end of March, Miss Jessie's will be sold in Target. Look for the discussion in the General section for the Miss Jessie's topic.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by anaturalbeauty3 12th February 2010, 9:44 pm

Thank you ladies so much! This has been very helpful!
anaturalbeauty3
anaturalbeauty3

Back to top Go down

Post by missanika 17th February 2010, 7:50 pm

Just wanted to add that the other day I received an invite for the launch party of "the Chocolate Butterfly a soul sanctuary" an "an artists boutique and soul spa" in Berkeley and they will carry Yummi Goodz products which you can check out here http://www.yummigoodz.com/ I met the owner a few weeks ago at the Ashby Flea Market in Berkeley when she was selling some of her hair and body products and she seemed really nice and the ingredients looked great, although I didn't buy any (when I went back she was gone) but I plan on it. Let me know if you want me to forward you the info if anyone else it interested in going.

BTW the Ashby Flea Market has great natural Hair and Body Product vendors. It's open every weekend except when it's raining.

Good Luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
missanika
missanika

Back to top Go down

Post by anaturalbeauty3 17th February 2010, 8:36 pm

Thank you so much. I don't think I've seen some of you ladies on the meet up in the bay blog. Make sure to check that out here on curly nikki under Meet up. It's labeled Is there a meet up in the bay area.
anaturalbeauty3
anaturalbeauty3

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 26th February 2010, 3:59 pm

Hello! Welcome to the Bay! You can also find some natural products of course at Whole Foods in Walnut Creek. They have organic cocnut oil, giovanni conditioners, dessert essence conditioners. I'm going to check out the meet up info!
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by anaturalbeauty3 26th February 2010, 7:48 pm

Thank you Miz B!
anaturalbeauty3
anaturalbeauty3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content