CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curls Are Hongry!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Curls Are Hongry!!!! Empty Curls Are Hongry!!!!

Post by MsCurlyLei 11th February 2010, 4:02 pm

I have always had good hair (3a) could wash, set, roll, & go (over the shoulder length). However I just overcame a breast cancer ordeal and had chemo and the whole nine yards...My hair fell out and everything and yes I cried, and cried, and cried anyways...my hair grew back but now its so curly not like before (3b to a 4a if Im not careful) When I wash it I thought ok this is too much to deal with (drawing up & getting kinky knowing I still have a nice length) I saw CurlyNikki and I kept reading & reading so I got the courage to just try a two strand twist & curl with some stuff I had in the closet and everyone on my job loved it even guys that noticed me but today I got second looks..People wanting to talk to me out of the norm ...They were like hey Lei your hair looks great!!!...I thought Im feeling this...lol.... However, I need help with products cause I know I sweat in my head a lot when I sleep ...I love my look and it pop'd...but I need a BANG BLOW UP POP. My hair is yes hooongry!!!

MsCurlyLei

Back to top Go down

Curls Are Hongry!!!! Empty Re: Curls Are Hongry!!!!

Post by MsCurlyLei 11th February 2010, 6:35 pm

It's me again and i didnt mean to sound like a booshwa person or anything on that level if i did cause Im not. (forgive me cause I know I didnt spell it right...lol) ....However now its later in the day and I found out my curls are feathering away & Im getting a frizz...OMG help!!!

MsCurlyLei

Back to top Go down

Post by reginastwin 12th February 2010, 3:37 pm

First of all, congratulations on beating breast cancer! You didn't come across as bourgy at all to me. My 11-yr old daughter has 3(b) hair,very thick, curly and beautiful hair. When I style her hair in twists, I remoisturize and seal her ends every other night (if not every night) before I retwist and put her in a silk scarf. She sweats at night too and her hair soaks up moisture like a sponge. Right now I'm using Keracare moisturizer because that's what I have on hand. Her hair loves it. I don't have a good gel, yet but I've read that a good curl creme or gel should help hold the curls and prevent frizziness. Go to Nikki's regime to see what products work for her. I wish you continued health! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
reginastwin
reginastwin

Back to top Go down

Post by MsCurlyLei 12th February 2010, 7:19 pm

Thank you so much Regina regarding my health and the for the advise on your products...(your daughter has beautiful hair)...I know I am in need of a good DT and I am needing a good conditioner as well as a leave in and a moisturizer...Going shopping this weekend for some good inexpensive products I will try what you mentioned...I did check CurlyNikkis regime and have already made a list also (smile)...so I will be letting you know how it turns out...I also need to start putting a silk scarf on too or get a silk pillow case this should help a great deal too....I will be submitting a pic also to show how it came out..Wish me luck!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MsCurlyLei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down