CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkySheaPT

+18
CurlyChick
Carolina Natural
ShortNSassie
anna20204
CocoT
carfi366
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
Intelligentbeauty
danycurls
jad928
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
ChrsLvsBks
KinkySheaPT
BajanPrincess82
sweetface1118
*CurlyNikki*
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

KinkySheaPT - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkySheaPT

Post by danycurls 23rd February 2010, 12:02 am

hi KinkysheaPT did you get the mail I sent you?
danycurls
danycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 23rd February 2010, 9:58 pm

danycurls wrote:hi KinkysheaPT did you get the mail I sent you?

Yes ma'am I did! I sent a reply Sunday but I'm not sure why it didn't reach you. I'm going to send you a PM here and hopefully it will work out better. I apologize for the delay!!
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th March 2010, 5:14 am

Hello There,
I am so happy you are here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I loved the exercises you gave for afterchild birth tummy.

My problem is I have what is called a "diastasis" of the abdominal wall. After my 2nd child, I still looked like I was about 6 months pregnant. Well my little boy will be 2 years old this March and now I look like if I am 3 months pregnant. I was told that this can only be corrected thru surgery. But insurance doesn't pay because they said it is cosmetic. My husband doesn't want me to undergo surgery and feels it can do down with exercise, because it has been. I agree with him to a point. My tummy and love handles have gone done tremendously. I recently loss 7lbs after 1 month of workouts, thru cycling and strength training with weights for 1 hour twice a week as well as minimizing my food portions. However, I really don't know if that belly button bulge will ever go away. It sticks out like a sore thumb in my clothes because I am slim. I currently weight 145lbs. I am still trying to lose another 5 lbs.
CAN I REALLY GET RID OF THIS BULGE WITH EXERCISE ALONE? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AND IF SO WHAT ADDITIONAL EXERCISES MUST I DO?

TIA
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 10th March 2010, 12:24 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hello There,
I am so happy you are here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My problem is I have what is called a "diastasis" of the abdominal wall. After my 2nd child, I still looked like I was about 6 months pregnant. Well my little boy will be 2 years old this March and now I look like if I am 3 months pregnant. I was told that this can only be corrected thru surgery. But insurance doesn't pay because they said it is cosmetic. My husband doesn't want me to undergo surgery and feels it can do down with exercise, because it has been. I agree with him to a point. My tummy and love handles have gone done tremendously. I recently loss 7lbs after 1 month of workouts, thru cycling and strength training with weights for 1 hour twice a week as well as minimizing my food portions. However, I really don't know if that belly button bulge will ever go away. It sticks out like a sore thumb in my clothes because I am slim. I currently weight 145lbs. I am still trying to lose another 5 lbs.
CAN I REALLY GET RID OF THIS BULGE WITH EXERCISE ALONE? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TIA

Hi Tia!

Let me start off by saying congrats to you on your weight loss. The situation that you're describing is pretty common among pregnant and postpartum women. The problem can be corrected without surgery by doing a few exercises called the Tupler Technique, developed by Julie Tupler, RN. Tupler, in addition to being a RN, is also a fitness trainer and a certified childbirth educator (just to give a little bit of her background). In a nutshell the Tupler Technique focuses on strengthening the inner most abdominal muscle, which in turn will strengthen the outer most abdominal muscle, thus making the separation smaller. These exercises are done sitting (in a chair or against the wall). Basically, what you want to do is bring your bell button in towards your spine (pulling in the tummy) and do little squeezes or pulses back out the spine. Count each squeeze. Now one set is 100 of the squeezes, which should take around two and a half minutes. Remember to breathe while you're doing this (counting out loud will actually force you to breathe correctly). At the end of the exercises take a few deep "belly breaths". Tupler recommends that one should do at least five sets o f these squeezes every day. Tupler also recommends that you think about bringing your belly button back to the spine with everything that you do, be it when sneezing, coughing, going to the bathroom, getting up and down, or even getting in and out of bed. Now f you can't hold your belly button to the spine when doing a certain activity then this means that you should not be doing the activity or exercise, which could make the separation larger. This technique is slowly gaining popularity, however a research study conducted by Columbia University yielded pretty positive results from using this technique. Hopefully this will work for you as well. If you're interested in learning more about this technique or Julie Tupler you can find her at the website http://diastasisrehab.com/index.html. She has books and DVD's on the site that can teach you how to do these exercises. I hope this helps and keep up the great work! Don't hesitate if you have any more questions. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 3:00 pm

I am going to invest in one of the Polar watches with chest strap. I tried one from Walmart and after 20 minutes of cardio, it read I only burned 127 calories. I find that hard to believe since it read my heart rate between 147 - 161 when I touched the monitor.

I have another question. I began to incorporate weight training into my fitness routine about six weeks ago. I also started doing spinning classes. While I sweat during both and feel my muscles burn, I do not feel anything after. Is this normal, shouldn't I feel the burn?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th March 2010, 5:36 pm

KinkySheaPT wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hello There,

TIA

Hi Tia!

Let me start off by saying congrats to you on your weight loss. The situation that you're describing is pretty common among pregnant and postpartum women. The problem can be corrected without surgery by doing a few exercises called the Tupler Technique, developed by Julie Tupler, RN. Tupler, in addition to being a RN, is also a fitness trainer and a certified childbirth educator (just to give a little bit of her background). In a nutshell the Tupler Technique focuses on strengthening the inner most abdominal muscle, which in turn will strengthen the outer most abdominal muscle, thus making the separation smaller. These exercises are done sitting (in a chair or against the wall). Basically, what you want to do is bring your bell button in towards your spine (pulling in the tummy) and do little squeezes or pulses back out the spine. Count each squeeze. Now one set is 100 of the squeezes, which should take around two and a half minutes. Remember to breathe while you're doing this (counting out loud will actually force you to breathe correctly). At the end of the exercises take a few deep "belly breaths". Tupler recommends that one should do at least five sets o f these squeezes every day. Tupler also recommends that you think about bringing your belly button back to the spine with everything that you do, be it when sneezing, coughing, going to the bathroom, getting up and down, or even getting in and out of bed. Now f you can't hold your belly button to the spine when doing a certain activity then this means that you should not be doing the activity or exercise, which could make the separation larger. This technique is slowly gaining popularity, however a research study conducted by Columbia University yielded pretty positive results from using this technique. Hopefully this will work for you as well. If you're interested in learning more about this technique or Julie Tupler you can find her at the website http://diastasisrehab.com/index.html. She has books and DVD's on the site that can teach you how to do these exercises. I hope this helps and keep up the great work! Don't hesitate if you have any more questions. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO. I WAS SORT OF DOING THAT ANYWAY. BEING CONSCIOUS OF MY POWERHOUSE IN EVERYTHING I DO. BUT NOW I WILL INCORPORATE THE EXERCISES. THAT SHOULD BE EVEN MORE HELPFUL. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. THANKS AGAIN.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 12th March 2010, 1:05 pm

Hi KinkySheaPT,

It's wonderful to have your expertise included in our forums and the ladies find your information and advice very useful.

I'm about 5'8 and the last time I checked I was a lil over my recommended BMI. I live alone and lack motivation to work out. I enjoy walking but because of the colder months and owning my first car I don't walk as much as I used to when I had to. I would like to work out more especially with my legs but I suffer from patella femoral sublexation bilaterally and find getting up and sitting down difficult. My orthopaedist recommended PT yet I haven't committed to it and wonder is this really going to help me. I have avoided wearing heels, only occassionally and sometimes I feel like my knee is "locking" when I'm seated too long. Any advice I greatly appreciate. Have a good weekend.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 13th March 2010, 1:15 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I am going to invest in one of the Polar watches with chest strap. I tried one from Walmart and after 20 minutes of cardio, it read I only burned 127 calories. I find that hard to believe since it read my heart rate between 147 - 161 when I touched the monitor.

I have another question. I began to incorporate weight training into my fitness routine about six weeks ago. I also started doing spinning classes. While I sweat during both and feel my muscles burn, I do not feel anything after. Is this normal, shouldn't I feel the burn?

OK, to your first question. It looks like you were working within your target heart rate range. Now my question is what type of activity were you doing? The type of activity will vary how many calories you burn. Now to your next question. It is normal to feel the burn during the exercise and then not after and maybe a little soreness later on. If you don't feel the burn after your workout it doesn’t mean that you didn't get a good workout and that you’re not working your muscles, which you obviously did during the work out if your muscles burned during the last 2-3 reps. If you're concerned about whether you're getting a good workout or not I always like to refer to a little scale that we trainers use to measure a person's exertion rate. Basically, if I give you scale of 1 ( the activity is very easy) to 10 (the activity is very difficult) you want to keep your workout between 5 and 6. Now for some people this may mean that you don't feel the burn after (but imagine how uncomfortable tit would be if your muscles burned all the time) but at least you will know you got a good workout and challenged yourself. I hope this helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KinkyShea
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 13th March 2010, 1:30 am

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Hi KinkySheaPT,

It's wonderful to have your expertise included in our forums and the ladies find your information and advice very useful.

I'm about 5'8 and the last time I checked I was a lil over my recommended BMI. I live alone and lack motivation to work out. I enjoy walking but because of the colder months and owning my first car I don't walk as much as I used to when I had to. I would like to work out more especially with my legs but I suffer from patella femoral sublexation bilaterally and find getting up and sitting down difficult. My orthopaedist recommended PT yet I haven't committed to it and wonder is this really going to help me. I have avoided wearing heels, only occassionally and sometimes I feel like my knee is "locking" when I'm seated too long. Any advice I greatly appreciate. Have a good weekend.

Thanks so much for the kind words! Ok, I'm going to gloss over the physical activity aspect and get straight to my biggest concern. I am going to agree with your doctor on this one. Go see a physical therapist! You're having trouble with what we call the "Activities of Daily Living" (getting up and sitting down). Anytime you have an injury that causes problems with simple things that are done every day (like standing, sitting, washing your hair, brushing your teeth, walking, and so on) then you need to seriously consider the advice of your doctor. A physical therapist can get you on the road to recovery so that you can sit and stand with little or no problems. If left uncorrected under the supervision of a qualified health care provider your situation can actually get worse. Trust me. Your doctor knows what he/she is talking about. Go see a PT, get this problem corrected (or at least find out what limitations your PT wants you to stick to) and then we can go from there. I hope this helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KinkyShea
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th March 2010, 12:20 am

Hey KinkyShea,

Can you tell me which is better regular yogurt or greek yogurt?

Thanks!
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 15th March 2010, 7:21 pm

JasLuv wrote:Hey KinkyShea,

Can you tell me which is better regular yogurt or greek yogurt?

Thanks!

Hi JasLuv,
To answer your question they're both kind of neck and neck in terms of nutrition generally speaking. Of course you'll want to read the nutrition facts on the containers as the nutrition facts may vary with different brands and serving sizes. Generally speaking, per ounce Greek Style yogurt tends to be a little higher in calories (which may vary with different brands) and a little higher in saturated fat. Greek Style yogurt may have more protein than regular yogurt. Regular yogurt may have more calcium than Greek yogurt. There is very little difference nutritionally between the two, generally speaking. Again different brands will have different nutritional values and I'm speaking here in the most generic terms, so read the Nutrition Facts on the containers. I hope this helped. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 15th March 2010, 7:39 pm

Thanks....it helped a lot. I thought I may have been cheating myself by not eating greek style yogurt!
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th March 2010, 11:38 pm

KinkySheaPT, I purchased the Polar FT7. I love seeing how many calories I burn during my workouts.

Thanks for answering my questions!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 22nd March 2010, 5:48 pm

Hi KinkySheaPT-
I have seen the informercial for the PX90 and considering making the investment. I am an army retiree, thank you for what you doing for our soldiers, HOOAH!! I am 45 years old, retired five years ago and have since put on the retiree 30 and desperately need to lose it. I have major knee problems, so running and jumping is out. The PX90 seems like a good total body workout program. I just want a professional opinon because this is a very pricey system. I currently have a gym membership and lots of videos, mostly The Firm, but again a lot of jumping and hopping that my knees are not caring for at all. What are your thoughts on the PX90 and any recommendations.

Thanks!!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd March 2010, 11:11 am

Thanks KinkyShea. I will contact my old job(use to work at a PT office) and schedule an appt for a re-eval. What do you think about the Zumba program? I love to dance yet is it low impact? You know I don't need any stress on my knees. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 24th March 2010, 10:57 am

carfi366 wrote:Hi KinkySheaPT-
I have seen the informercial for the PX90 and considering making the investment. I am an army retiree, thank you for what you doing for our soldiers, HOOAH!! I am 45 years old, retired five years ago and have since put on the retiree 30 and desperately need to lose it. I have major knee problems, so running and jumping is out. The PX90 seems like a good total body workout program. I just want a professional opinon because this is a very pricey system. I currently have a gym membership and lots of videos, mostly The Firm, but again a lot of jumping and hopping that my knees are not caring for at all. What are your thoughts on the PX90 and any recommendations.

Thanks!!

Hi carfi366,

Wow, thank you so much for your service to our country! Seeing ladies in the military is so empowering and I cannot help but to admire them! So a huge HOOAH to you from a former Army Brat, as well as a HOOYAH (the Army Brat grew up to be a Navy Wife). So to answer your question. For those who haven't heard of this, P90X is a 90-day intense training program in a 12-DVD set featuring workouts for specific body parts, interval-style cardio and martial arts-inspired workouts, and stretch and yoga routines. The program also includes a detailed fitness plan dictating the order and schedule of workouts based on individual goals, as well as a 3-phase nutrition plan and workout calendar. The P90X program requires approximately 60-90 minutes per day and can be done at home as the only equipment required is resistance bands and a place to do pull-ups. The creators claim that you’ll “go from regular to ripped in 90 days”. This program is not for beginners or for someone who hasn't worked out in a while. It can produce results if you're already somewhat fit. The program is fast paced and intense and for someone who is deconditioned can raise the risk of injury. The program does offer a fitness test at the start but that's AFTER you've paid $119.95 - $139.95 for the program. The video does encourage the viewer to work at their own pace but seeing some of the exercises causes me concern with your knees., but its a tough workout!! The American Council on Exercise did a product review on this program and gave it 3 out of 5 stars. Here's what they found to be the Pros and Cons of this program:

Pros:
Recommends a fitness self-test to determine appropriate resistance/intensity levels

Coaching cues encourage participants to work at a self-selected pace and take breaks when needed

Variety and structure of workouts enhance adherence and reduce boredom

Participants are urged to track progress and modify exercises as needed

Cons:
Most of the workouts move very quickly from one exercise to the next, increasing the risk of injury

Upselling of supplements and foods is distracting

Not appropriate for those without a baseline levels of fitness

Intensity and dedication required may be discouraging to those who don’t have time to exercise 60 -90 minutes per day

So in my opinion of you have prior injuries that make running and jumping and lateral motion difficult and have been sedentary for a while then I would not reccomend starting with this program. What I would suggest to you would be trying the stationary bike or the ellipitcal in the gym. They are both low impact and easy on the joints. I'm not exactly sure of what knee problems you have but the bike at the very least will give a good cardio workout and help keep great motion in the knee. There is a less intense version of this program called Power 90 but I've yet to find any reviews or have used this myself, so I cannot offer a fair opinion of that program. I hope this helps.

KinkyShea :-)
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 24th March 2010, 11:17 am

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Thanks KinkyShea. I will contact my old job(use to work at a PT office) and schedule an appt for a re-eval. What do you think about the Zumba program? I love to dance yet is it low impact? You know I don't need any stress on my knees. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good for you!! I'm glad you thought it over. Ok I am going to sound very biased in my next statment and once you read it you'll understand why. I LOVE the Zumba Fitness Program. I'm actually a licensed Zumba Instructor (see what I mean? lol). The workout is a lot of fun and full of HOTT music and you burn calories like you wouldn't believe. It really does feel like a dance party and you use your entire body. However, there can be a lot of movement and jumping around from class to class depending on the instructor. Some instructors like to add a more athletic components to their classes and you'll see more jumping, bouncing, lateral motions, ect. However a good instructor will allow you to take things at your own pace and show you how to modify the movements. The instructor (a good instructor) should be able to modify the workout to make it effective for everyone, the novice to the more experienced people. The classes are anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour long if you go to a live class. Now there are different types of Zumba Fitness classes. There is a program called Zumba Gold, which is geared toward the active older adult (not saying that you are) but it's at a slower pace and a lower impact. Now with your knees again, let's air on the side of caution (better safe than sorry). Let's wait to hear from your P.T first. Ask him/her. Make a list of all of your questions for your PT. Once you get a good baseline of what your PT wants you to do, then you can take it from there. I know the progress sounds slow, but no worries. Your safety always comes first. I'm thrilled that you're going to see a P.T and take the time to take care of yourself. And who knows, you may someday be at the front of a Zumba class. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 24th March 2010, 12:57 pm

KinkysheaPT, thanks for your opinion regarding the P90X. I am going to take your advice, not invest in the P90X but invest in a trainer instead. I have my assessment scheduled and think this will be much better for me, becasue Idon't want to risk hurting myself. The trainer can check me out and develop a program for me that will take into consideration the crappy knees I have.
I have done the elliptical and take spin classes and you ate correct both activities give my knees little problems. Would an incumbent bike be better or the spinning is fine?
Again thanks and God bless
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 24th March 2010, 5:47 pm

carfi366 wrote:KinkysheaPT, thanks for your opinion regarding the P90X. I am going to take your advice, not invest in the P90X but invest in a trainer instead. I have my assessment scheduled and think this will be much better for me, becasue Idon't want to risk hurting myself. The trainer can check me out and develop a program for me that will take into consideration the crappy knees I have.
I have done the elliptical and take spin classes and you ate correct both activities give my knees little problems. Would an incumbent bike be better or the spinning is fine?
Again thanks and God bless

Carifi366,

That sounds like a more practical plan. Taking your plan a step further makes sure the trainer that you have chosen holds a current certification accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) to give you the assurance that you're working with a professional who has the knowledge, skills, and ethics to provide you with a safe and effective workout. For a complete list of the NCCA-accredited certification agencies you can visit www.noca.org and click on the NCCA Accredited Certification Programs link on the left hand side. Ask for references, talk to the trainer and trust your instincts about the impressions the trainer makes upon you. The trainer you select should motivate you by positive, not negative, reinforcement and be someone you actually like and have a good compatibility with (remember this is a working relationship and if your compatibility isn't good with the trainer your results won't be either). Ask about their working experience and area of specialization with your specific needs and/or limitations. Also find out about the person's education. A college degree in the fields of exercise science, allied health, or nutrition improves the knowledge and credibility of the trainer. Ask about the trainer's liability insurance and business policies as some trainers operate as an independent contractors and may not be employees of the fitness facility. These are some of the tips that I find important in choosing a trainer. I hope this extra bit of info helps and I hope you find a trainer that works well with and for you. I'm glad I could help! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoT 9th April 2010, 9:12 pm

Hi KinkyShea,
I really enjoy your contributions to the site, they're really informative. I just looked over the thread and some of the questions that I had have been answered by you already but I have a few more specific ones:
1. I just read the article about green tea. I got a bottle of green tea with hoodia pills from Target a few months ago and I have been weary of taking them. I bought them on a whim because I thought that they would help me with my appetite, slow metabolism, boost my energh and help me lose weight. What do you think about these pills?
2. Aside from my not so stellar motivation for exercise, I am trying to make a change. I have been exercising a lot more lately (and by that I mean I am exercising at least 3 times a week- I am a recovering couch potato) but my biggest issue is FOOD. Basically my diet is not varied at all. I eat the same things everyday and I know how to cook (I could follow recipes really well the times I actually do it) but its so overwhelming trying to be creative with food. This leads me to go right up the street to get fast food. How can I become more creative with my meals and increase the types and variety of food I eat everyday?

CocoT

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 12th April 2010, 7:35 pm

CocoT wrote:Hi KinkyShea,
I really enjoy your contributions to the site, they're really informative. I just looked over the thread and some of the questions that I had have been answered by you already but I have a few more specific ones:
1. I just read the article about green tea. I got a bottle of green tea with hoodia pills from Target a few months ago and I have been weary of taking them. I bought them on a whim because I thought that they would help me with my appetite, slow metabolism, boost my energh and help me lose weight. What do you think about these pills?
2. Aside from my not so stellar motivation for exercise, I am trying to make a change. I have been exercising a lot more lately (and by that I mean I am exercising at least 3 times a week- I am a recovering couch potato) but my biggest issue is FOOD. Basically my diet is not varied at all. I eat the same things everyday and I know how to cook (I could follow recipes really well the times I actually do it) but its so overwhelming trying to be creative with food. This leads me to go right up the street to get fast food. How can I become more creative with my meals and increase the types and variety of food I eat everyday?

Hi CocoT!

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad the information I'm providing is helpful. To answer your questions, I'm always leery of any kind of diet pills and/or weight loss supplements. Green tea has been shown though research to promote fat loss however I would recommend drinking green tea then taking a diet supplement with green tea, hoodia, and who knows whatever else ingredient that could prove harmful. By brewing and drinking the green tea you don't have to worry any harmful ingredients. If you're looking for something to "suppress" your appetite then I would highly suggest eating more fiber. Not only is fiber good for your digestive system but fiber also helps you feel fuller longer therefore decreasing the urge to snack. Fiber One has great products loaded with at least 28% of your daily recommended intake of fiber (some products are as high as 58%). I'm a huge fan of Fiber One products, not only because of the high fiber content but the stuff also tastes good! They have breads, granola bars, cereals, muffins, pancake mix, yogurt, and the list goes on. If you're really looking for something keep you feeling fuller longer, then fiber is the way to go. It's calorie free (the body doesn't absorb the calories from fiber), can reduce cholesterol and slows the emptying of your stomach (which is why you feel fuller longer). You can also increase your fiber in take by eating oatmeal as well as other whole wheat or whole grain foods, fruits, nuts and veggies. Check the nutrition labels on your foods. You'll find the amount of dietary fiber under "total carbohydrates" listing.

Now, to answer your second question. I totally understand how overwhelming it can be to change your diet. If you're feeling overwhelmed then try changing things a little at a time (Rome wasn't built overnight!). Look for ways that you can cut calories. For example instead of having a Coke, try having a Coke Zero or Diet Coke with Splenda. Instead of using sugar, use Splenda. Or instead of using whole milk switch to 2% or work your way down to skim milk. As far as cooking goes, I've found some of the best recipes from Weight Watchers. They do publish cookbooks and majority of the recipes are low calorie and low fat. If you're not looking to spend money on a cookbook, weightwatchers.com has free recipes on their site (http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/index.aspx). Also the American Council on Exercise has a TON of healthy recipes for free on their website as well. Their website is: http://www.acefitness.org/healthyrecipes/default.aspx

Those are the two best places I can think of to find creative and healthy recipes. I've used them myself and most are pretty easy to follow. I hope this has been helpful for you. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoT 13th April 2010, 12:34 pm

Thanks KinkyShea!
I'll be sure to try your recommendations out

CocoT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th May 2010, 6:55 pm

I sent a PM!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 10th June 2010, 9:54 pm

Hi KinkySheaPT,

Can you tell me why it is so hard to lose weight from your mid-section? As I have been working out on a regular basis and I just incorporated strength training, like a week ago! But the rest of my body is toning up, but that darn mid-section is a beast!! I need your help.
Rolling Eyes
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by anna20204 16th June 2010, 2:17 am

We all know that a little exercise is good for you. So the next logical
statement should be the more the better, right? Well, not so much.
There does come a point of diminishing returns, or a point where your
body simply says “ENOUGH!”. Every individual reaches that point at
different times. In the quest for better health and fitness it’s often
difficult to quell one’s enthusiasm and take a break from exercise.
Some may be afraid that if they take a break they might “relapse” and
become sedentary again. If exercise is leaving you more exhausted than
energized, it is possible you might be suffering from an acute case of
over training. How is this caused? For some the basis for over training
may have to do with emotional or psychological reasons. Some people are
just simply addicted to exercise and will exercise past the point of
exhaustion, while injured, or to the exclusion of other aspects of
one’s life. For some athletes it is getting ready for that major
competition, but for the general population its just taking on too much
too soon in the excitement of becoming a healthier person. It is
important to recognize the signs and symptoms before they come chronic.
Remember not all of the sings of over training are physical and may
manifest itself though depression and sometimes irritability,
especially when performance is decreased during a workout. However,
some of the physical signs and symptoms include
=======================================
UPVC Doors|UPVC Front Doors

anna20204

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down