CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Growth Experiments

5 posters

Go down

Hair Growth Experiments Empty Hair Growth Experiments

Post by natural83 29th January 2010, 2:08 pm

I have vowed to start the year off by truly caring for my hair and trying new ways to retain length. I would really like to see my growth take off and I have read where some people say that wearing protective styles for a few months at a time work for them, while others simply just co-wash more, or moisturize more, etc. I was thinking about bunning my hair for a while to see how that does, but again, that was just a thought! Not really sure yet...which is why I started this thread!

What are some hair growth experiments that you have done or heard/read about that are great for retaining length?
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Hair Growth Experiments Empty Re: Hair Growth Experiments

Post by tiashaunteé 29th January 2010, 2:19 pm

Bunning, moisturizing, and sealing have been great at helping me retain length. As long as I keep my hair off my shoulders and handle my hair like it's silk, I haven't experienced any breakage.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HADARAH 1st February 2010, 5:04 pm

I've been eager to try some protective styles as well, and honestly I think bunning it is proably the only option I like right now.

natural83, let me know how that goes for you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HADARAH
HADARAH

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 1st February 2010, 9:17 pm

I notice more growth when I do wash-n-go's (with loads of conditioner!) in the summer months. During the winter months, I notice more hair growth when I do twists, braids, and weaves. Buns don't really do anything for me (maybe I do them too tight and add too much product [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]).
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracee214 15th February 2010, 3:48 pm

I think this last time I washed my hair I hardly had any shedding which was great. Which I just washed it on this past Friday night. I think the best thing you can ever do for your hair is to leave it alone and let it do its thing. For the whole month of Jan, I didn't use any heat on my hair. I straighten my hair from time to time. For the whole month of Jan, all I did was co wash w/either Giovanni condish or my Kinky Curly Knot Today. I usually wash and go. I also use Shea butter to seal my ends, and I've just started using Emu oil. I currently get a trim maybe every 4 months or so.
Tracee214
Tracee214

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracee214 15th February 2010, 3:51 pm

I think this last time I washed my hair I hardly had any shedding which was great. Which I just washed it on this past Friday night. I think the best thing you can ever do for your hair is to leave it alone and let it do its thing. For the whole month of Jan, I didn't use any heat on my hair. I straighten my hair from time to time. For the whole month of Jan, all I did was co wash w/either Giovanni condish or my Kinky Curly Knot Today. I usually wash and go. I also use Shea butter to seal my ends, and I've just started using Emu oil. I currently get a trim maybe every 4 months or so.
Tracee214
Tracee214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down