CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question.

+3
dajewel
loveself247
divadr175
7 posters

Go down

To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question. Empty To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question.

Post by divadr175 3rd November 2009, 4:29 pm

So my BC was a month ago or so and I love learning my hair, but I'm feeling the in between length itch. It's just above my ear curly and close to my jaw when stretched. Too short for a bun but looks a little out of control if in full fro mode. I had it trimmed initially for even length as it grows out, but am thinking I should go for a nice round fro and worry about evenness when it actually is long enough to where in a bun.
Any ideas on how to cut it or if I even should?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question. Empty Re: To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question.

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 4:37 pm

Divadr175 your hair is fine the way it is to me, it has personality. I would wait and cut it later. I'm still too chicken to cut out my relaxer because if I cut my hair now it would be ALOT shorter than yours. I would have to get a fade to start from scratch because my natural hair has not grown out enough yet.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question. Empty Re: To cut or not to cut? That's the post BC question.

Post by dajewel 3rd November 2009, 7:29 pm

divadr, i love ur hair the way it is. i think shaping it takes away from its character IMO
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by WonderfullyMade 13th November 2009, 7:36 pm

I think your hair is a nice length. You still have of styling options. You just have to play with it. It may not be long enough to put in a bun, but you can put it ina puff.
WonderfullyMade
WonderfullyMade

http://sistersofthefaith.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 13th November 2009, 8:04 pm

Ooh, leave it! You can do wash n go's for a shorter look (which I didn't because I was too chicken, and now wish I had), or you can stretch it with flattwists or cornrows to optimize the length you have and get rocking twist- and braidouts. And then in another couple of months you could do really awesome chunky 'fros... You could have so much fun!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2009, 12:05 am

maaaaaaaan just cut it all off, like ME! lol
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 14th November 2009, 12:38 am

Nubie, I'm going to look you up when I'm ready to cut mine Wink

Diva, I think you have a lot of options. As far as the afro just pull it with your fingers and go for the wild look. I recently did the wild afro look after being natural for almost 2 years and got so many compliments. I know my hair is very uneven, but it was cute! Like the other lady said your hair has personality and that's one of the benefits of being natural.

Rock your options and personality!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2009, 12:47 am

if it wasnt for me wanting to see how my natural hair grows i'd keep it short. matter of fact when i turn 50 im gonna keep it on amber rose status! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 14th November 2009, 6:51 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm learning and embracing this hair I was too lazy to learn about for 30+ years. Post Henna, it is definitely looking and laying differently so I'll see how big i can go with it. Will let you know later.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down