CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please advise

4 posters

Go down

Please advise Empty Please advise

Post by NaturalV 21st January 2010, 8:19 pm

I am day 4 into my transition from 20 years of heat-straightened hair (press and curl). I looove the flat twist a'la Autumn, but have to use rollers on the ends to keep them from sticking straight out due to the years of styling. I think my hair is 4b, it is SUPER THICK (LOTS of densely packed fragile hair), medium length (extends to arm pit length). I have a couple of questions, please help before I have to reach for that pressing comb again:

1- The rollers that I use have the tiny teeth to grab the hair, but they are frazzling my ends to pieces. What type of rollers are suggested? I also have sponge, and the old school kind with the snap-ons.

2- How often should I be using product to maintain my style? I wash and deep condition every week, then load my wet hair with leave-in condish and KCCC. After it dries, I put lots of shea butter on the shaft and especially the ends. The 1st day, the style was on-point. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Since then, I have been re-twisting each night and reapplying shea butter. My hair is clumpy, heavy, greasy, tangled at the ends, and a nest at the neck. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] However, it is also healthier than it was with the press and comb, so I am not ready to give up. Am I using too much product, or not the right kinds of product for my hair type?

I am super appreciative of this site, and any guidance you can provide would be fantastic!
NaturalV
NaturalV

Back to top Go down

Please advise Empty Re: Please advise

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 8:32 pm

I cant help you with all of your questions but here is what I can tell/suggest to you:

There are some satin covered sponge rollers that you could use. I used them when I was transitioning. I purchased them from Walgreens. They are just like the old school kind but they are covered with satin.

If you hair is clumpy, heavy, and greasy then yes, you are using too much product. You have to "listen" to your hair and see what it likes. My suggestion would be to reapply product every other night or when you feel it is needed.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalV 21st January 2010, 8:52 pm

@Lynnie
Thanks so much for your response. Satin rollers with the hard shell-type snap-ons?
NaturalV
NaturalV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 9:03 pm

No, they have the plastic snap that is attached to the roller. I hope you know which ones I am talking about. I will see if I can find a pic.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 9:07 pm

Here's a pic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalV 21st January 2010, 9:08 pm

That is PERFECT!!!! Thanks again.
NaturalV
NaturalV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 9:09 pm

You're welcome!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tonique 17th February 2010, 2:42 pm

@ NaturalV, I recommend the hard rollers like they use in the salon and also end wraps will help with the frazzled ends. As far as how should you use product in your that really depends on your hair. I have to use product daily because I have extremely dry hair. I hope this helps.

tonique

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 12th March 2010, 1:21 pm

Also, although I'm not expert, I've heard mixing the KCCC with a butter/oil will make your hair feel kinda blah...
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down