CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preserving baby's curls at night?

+2
Corygentri
bklynmama1
6 posters

Go down

Preserving baby's curls at night? Empty Preserving baby's curls at night?

Post by bklynmama1 15th January 2010, 11:26 pm

I have a 15 month old daughter with 3C curls and she's a pretty wild sleeper. She wakes up with dry, frizzy, tangled hair every morning, even though I put in several well moisturized two strand twists the night before. My mom recently braided it and I tried a little stocking cap I made from a pair of baby stockings but it came right off with all of her tossing, turning, yanking, plus they aren't great anyway. How do moms deal with this? She loves sleeping on a pillow so I'm going to put a satin pillow case on hers, but she's usually not even on the pillow and often has her head directly on the crib sheet. I have never heard of or seen satin crib sheets but I'm going to try to fashion one out of a twin satin sheet.

Anyone else come up with any innovative ideas to combat the morning fuzz?
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Preserving baby's curls at night? Empty Re: Preserving baby's curls at night?

Post by Corygentri 18th January 2010, 1:18 am

My daughter has been wearing a satin scarf since she was about a year old (she is 3 now) and that was a challenge. I just told her how important it was to keep it on. So for a while there when it would come off she would call me to come put it back on. (had to nip that) Now I tie a satin scarf on and then put a satin bonnet on top of that. She seems to keep that on better. A doo rag was ideal but my baby was waking up with a big line across her forhead in the morning so I had to nix that!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 18th January 2010, 3:23 am

LOL at the Satin crib sheets.....lol!!!! If my baby HAS to keep hers on all nite I tie my stocking around her scarf...not tight, just snug.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 20th January 2010, 1:34 am

I put grape seed oil in my daughter's hair and massage it in. Her hair does WONDERFUL with the grape seed oil. The other oils I put in her hair before bed would never work and her hair would still be so dry in the mornings. Her curls are so glossy and juicy in the mornings and it keeps the tangles at bay.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaspiritartist 21st February 2010, 2:05 am

When I was little I used to sleep with a pair of old panties on my head...just try a small satin bonnet...well you might have to make it smaller..
Amaspiritartist
Amaspiritartist

http://www.amajewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 24th February 2010, 4:34 pm

My daughter sleeps with a satin bonnet on her head but she also has a silk pillowcase just in case it comes off. Her hair stays semi-moisturized but I am still trying to figure out how to keep her hair moisturized all day and night...her hair is extremely pillowy (probably not a word) like a cotton ball but extremely soft.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaspiritartist 24th February 2010, 11:39 pm

You all can use Crystal's Royal Secrets Herbal Hair Rejuvenator Unscented in your children's hair. It is all natural, nurturing and moisturizing. I've used it on my daughter's hair since I started oiling her scalp when she was little...

When she got older she was able to use the different scents in her ointment/oil...

www.crsecrets.com
Amaspiritartist
Amaspiritartist

http://www.amajewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down