CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!!

+4
natural83
d.denise
BellaBell
loveself247
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!! Empty Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!!

Post by loveself247 2nd November 2009, 9:46 pm

Wanted to shout out to my Houston sista's, I just moved here from Detroit Michigan almost two months ago. I am now embarking on a journey to rediscovering and embracing my natural hair. Anyone else out there :?:
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!! Empty Re: Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!!

Post by BellaBell 2nd November 2009, 9:59 pm

There's a couple of us out here. We are definitely going to have to share tips and tricks for dealing with Houston's tempermental weather. Luckily we are going into "good hair days" for a couple of months.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!! Empty Re: Houston Naturals,,,Where Are You!!!!!

Post by loveself247 2nd November 2009, 10:29 pm

Great!!!!!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 2nd November 2009, 11:40 pm

I'm moving to Houston in January!!! (I hope) And coming from LA where there is NO humidity to Houston is going to be an adventure in and of itself...
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 2nd November 2009, 11:43 pm

Yes it is girly! But you should like it.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 2nd November 2009, 11:49 pm

I'M SORRY!!! You have been spoiled and now you are going to truly learn how good you have it in LA. LOL!!! Seriously, you really won't have to deal with Houston Humidity til probably April and then til October. The summer heat and humidity is when you may start thinking of a plane ticket. It's going to be a challenge but honestly you'd have even worse issues if your hair was relaxed.

It's a matter of finding the product that works best for the challenge of the day!!!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 12:50 am

Houston in the houuuuussssseeeee!

Hi ladies! Its great to know that you guys are on here! We've definitely got to help each other out on here as far as where you guys go get your products and all that great stuff! Do any of you go to any natural hair care stylists here??? Just curious!

Natural83
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 1:00 am

I don't. I have always styled my own hair and only went to the salon to be pampered every blue moon.

I get most of my products at "Whole Foods"
I'm still learning and researching different products also to try out. Then I will know which one's really works best for my hair.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 1:06 am

loveself247 wrote:I don't. I have always styled my own hair and only went to the salon to be pampered every blue moon.

I get most of my products at "Whole Foods"
I'm still learning and researching different products also to try out. Then I will know what really work best for my hair.

Yeah, that's kinda how I do too. The only time I go to the salon is when I want to get it straightened, and I don't do that very often. I need to hit up Whole Foods and check out their products. Its time for me to restock on a lot of stuff, so I may stop through there!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 3rd November 2009, 1:12 am

I've always wanted to try Uncle Funky's Daughter but after giving up relaxers I just don't have the patience to sit in the chair for hours.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 1:15 am

Natural83 I'm using "Now" unrefined organic coconut oil $7.99, "Kinky Curly" leave in conditioner $11.99 and "Aubrey's" Honey Suckle Rose conditioner on sale now for $7.99. You can purchase these products at Whole Foods. I go to the one on Hwy 6 and 59 in Sugarland near First Colony Mall
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 1:46 am

loveself247 wrote:Natural83 I'm using "Now" unrefined organic coconut oil $7.99, "Kinky Curly" leave in conditioner $11.99 and "Aubrey's" Honey Suckle Rose conditioner on sale now for $7.99. You can purchase these products at Whole Foods. I go to the one on Hwy 6 and 59 in Sugarland near First Colony Mall

I definitely want to get that Aubrey's HSR conditioner...I have not tried that yet, and I see a lot of people talking about it and how great it is! Right now, I mostly use Garnier Fructis cream conditioner, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted, and Catwalk. I live on the North side and there's not a Whole Foods near me (that I know of), but girl I will take a trip if its worth it! Im not one to cater to one side of town! I will go all over if its worth my time! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 1:51 am

That's what's up,,,, I'm actually in Richmond. I also use Garnier Fructis cream conditioner and shampoo. Girl I am a product junkie all of a sudden because I am trying to see what products will work best on my hair. How does your hair hold up in the humidity?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 4:58 am

loveself247 wrote:That's what's up,,,, I'm actually in Richmond. I also use Garnier Fructis cream conditioner and shampoo. Girl I am a product junkie all of a sudden because I am trying to see what products will work best on my hair. How does your hair hold up in the humidity?

Yeah, I think Im about to be a product junkie mysellf! I was basically keepin my routine very basic until I started getting on this blog and everybody was suggesting different stuff that works for them...all of a sudden I got soooo anxious to want to try everything!!! That's why I was saying earlier I definitely gotta restock the cabinet with old and new stuff! This site is sooo helpful! But Im like you, about to try new stuff to see what works best for my hair! Girl I've even gotten sold on trying a Henna treatment on my hair! I just ordered the stuff last night...super syked about doing it. So many people on here have said great things about it, so I figured i might as well try it out and see! Have you Henna'd yet? Oh yeah, and the humidity...my hair actually survives pretty well, as long as Im keeping it washed and stuff. So darn glad that fall/winter is here cuz that humidity is no freakin joke here! But the hair actually does ten times better in its natural state in the humidity, than it would if I had it straightened! That's one reason why I resumed to keeping my hair curly most of the time....cuz it does so much better anyway [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 5:05 am

BellaBell wrote:I've always wanted to try Uncle Funky's Daughter but after giving up relaxers I just don't have the patience to sit in the chair for hours.

I've been to Uncle Funky's Daughter before...only once to get my hair done. The other times I go, its usally to either get products, or to browse in their boutique. Haven't been in a while though. When I went, what she did to my hair, I basically could've done myself! LOL! She just did a wash n go sorta style on me! That's when I first started wearing my hair curly and didn't really know what to ask for! LOL! I guess that's the good thing about being natural...you really dont need a stylist once you get your own regimen going. But I love the guy in there, I think his name is Ray...he is mad cool and hilarious too! I think he mainly runs the boutique area! I like to go just to chat it up with him cuz he is all about making you feel fab! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 12:36 pm

to natural83,
No I have yet to try the Henna Treatment cause I was not sure if I could use it on my two textured hair and get the same results. Did you order the brand and color Curly Nikki uses? If not, which brand and color did you order. Girl I am excited for you and hope to see how it comes out. Keep me posted. I may be reaching out to you to help me lol.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 3rd November 2009, 1:17 pm

I ordered the Jamila Henna on Sunday. Hopefully it will get here this soon so i can do it this weekend. I'm hoping to be blown away with the results. My sister does henna, and i love her hair...she's the main reason i went natural (i was hating big time on her big foxy fro). Will keep the H-Town Curly Crew posted. LOL!!!
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 1:26 pm

I ordered the Jamila Henna on Sunday as well! Im very excited because from the looks of everybody's hair that has used it on here...Im like Wooooow, ya know! So Im very anxious to try it!

@BellaBell, we may get our Henna the same day...ordered mine on Sunday too! Yayyyy! What are you going to mix yours with? Im going to just mix with the green tea and honey.

@loveself247 Yes, I ordered the same kind that CurlyNikki uses.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted! I'll probably get the product in this week, but won't be able to do it til next weekend, because I won't have time this weekend! Will let you guys know, and you all do the same!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBell 3rd November 2009, 1:30 pm

@Natural83 I'm planning to mix with green tea and honey also. I'm still looking at the way everyone mixes to make sure. If i find a really good mix I'll let you know.
BellaBell
BellaBell

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 1:35 pm

BellaBell wrote:@Natural83 I'm planning to mix with green tea and honey also. I'm still looking at the way everyone mixes to make sure. If i find a really good mix I'll let you know.

Great! Good Luck with your henna treatment this weekend! Let us know how it turns out!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 2:02 pm

Ok ladies, we may have to have a Henna Party, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you guys think I should order some too and apply it to my hair considering I still have alot of relaxer or should I wait. I was just online ordering some hair products, man this hair stuff is addictive!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd November 2009, 4:23 pm

loveself247 wrote:Ok ladies, we may have to have a Henna Party, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you guys think I should order some too and apply it to my hair considering I still have alot of relaxer or should I wait. I was just online ordering some hair products, man this hair stuff is addictive!

Im so not an expert on the Henna treatments, so you may want to ask CurlyNikki or some of the other Henna Heads on here...Im sure they can give you some advice on whether or not you should Henna while transitioning.

And yes, girl...this hair stuff is starting to get very addictive!!! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 3rd November 2009, 4:26 pm

lol!!!!! Laughing
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 4th November 2009, 4:10 pm

hey, guys!! has anyone tried heoriginalfragranceshop.net 5325 Aldine Mail Rt. Hou, TX 77039?? i saw a review on youtube and now am curious. if anyone uses some of this stuff let us know! thanks!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 3:01 am

dajewel wrote:hey, guys!! has anyone tried heoriginalfragranceshop.net 5325 Aldine Mail Rt. Hou, TX 77039?? i saw a review on youtube and now am curious. if anyone uses some of this stuff let us know! thanks!

I haven't been there! I guess I should check out the website! Is this place like a specialty shop that sells fragrances and stuff or what? I am one to venture out and see whats up! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next