CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna-drying

+9
KinkyNappyHappy
poeticlyspkng
angelic7
MsJay1121
NylaCoils
R2D2
FritterFritter
tiashaunteƩ
reggiestr
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Henna-drying - Page 2 Empty Re: Henna-drying

Post by angelic7 6th February 2010, 7:27 pm

@fritterfritter..thanks I'm going to try that this week. @tiashauntee..thanks for the info that is a very good article and very informative for now on when I wash my hair I'm going to try using the coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner.
angelic7
angelic7

Back to top Go down

Post by FritterFritter 6th February 2010, 7:34 pm

Thank you Tia, that's a really good article, I'm so glad you shared it. Now to find one on olive Smile
FritterFritter
FritterFritter

Back to top Go down

Post by FritterFritter 6th February 2010, 7:35 pm

No problem Angelic, I hope it does the trick.
FritterFritter
FritterFritter

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th February 2010, 6:01 pm

Hi ladies, I hennaed over the weekend and I experienced the same dryness on my end as Angelic. So, thanks to all of you for the tips. I did deep condition with Aubrey Organics for about an hour afterward and then added a leave in but perhaps that was not enough. So, tonight I will DC with coconut oil and co-wash. This forum is super helpful!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 9th February 2010, 7:40 pm

I must say that using olive oil, coconut oil and saran wrap was so helpful for me. I did it last night and my hair is super soft today!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by angelic7 9th February 2010, 9:07 pm

okay poeticlyspkng you've inspired me to do mine tonight. I haven't done a hot oil treatment in a while if I wash my hair first (co-wash) that's ok right or is it suppose to be on dry hair?
angelic7
angelic7

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 9th February 2010, 9:31 pm

angelic7 wrote:okay poeticlyspkng you've inspired me to do mine tonight. I haven't done a hot oil treatment in a while if I wash my hair first (co-wash) that's ok right or is it suppose to be on dry hair?

Hmmm- I did my hot oil treatment on dry hair. Left it on for about 3 hours and then co-washed. Not sure if that's correct, but it worked for me. Let me us know how it goes!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th February 2010, 7:17 pm

R2D2 wrote:I used to use Surya Henna cream before I went to using 100% henna and indigo and I recommend it. It had a nice conditioning effect on my hair and I think the best thing about it is that it has a similar convenience factor as in the box dye, only taking slightly longer and being a lot less messy. I did leave it on my hair for an extra hour than recommended to ensure that the colour took more deeply.
The downside is that it does wash out - the colour lasted 2 weeks for me, bearing in mind that I am a frequent co-washer. I have a fair it of grey and wanted something more permanent, which was partly why I went to using henna and indigo powder. They are both conditioning but I've personally found that henna powder a bit more so. Henna cream only has a small amount of henna in it and they have mixed it with other natural compounds (not metallic).

I noticed in the instructions that they made the comment that they had received a lot of positive feedback from their customers with afro hair.

Anyway hope you like your results.

Hi R2D2

It's me again...so what henna and indigo powder do you use? Why both? I ask because I have color and I don't what to go back black if I don't have to. Do you have a website to share? Thanks
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 11th February 2010, 10:50 pm

Hey Nyla Coils,

I henna'd this weekend and took your advice-mixing with a yogurt. I did not have any of the horrible itching that I experienced before. Thanks, again. My indigo didn't take as well- it may have been from the oils in the mix. Oh well, it may take me a few tries to perfect my mix but it's getting better [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 15th February 2010, 7:23 pm

I really want to buy Henna and give it a try.. I have yet to give it a try...(yeah I know I am behind).
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 15th February 2010, 8:06 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Hi R2D2

It's me again...so what henna and indigo powder do you use? Why both? I ask because I have color and I don't what to go back black if I don't have to. Do you have a website to share? Thanks

Hi,

I use both henna and indigo because I have a lot of grey hairs and want to achieve black as it looks better on me. If you use henna by itself on grey hair it makes it red. Indigo is a kind of dark blue colour, which when blended with red produces black. Hope that helps explain things!

If you want a bit more colour then stick with henna only. Henna doesn't have much change on hair that is already black except to give it red highlights in the sunlight.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by freebird07 20th February 2010, 2:55 pm

Hi Ladies, I just want to chime in about DC'ing after Henna applications; I got lazy and didn't do it and my ends just started snapping off....I DC'd after my last henna and used some leave-in condish and jojoba oil and I noticed a difference right away ! by the way, my hair is very coarse.

freebird07

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 27th March 2010, 9:20 pm

reggiestr wrote:hi fritter,

the henna cream says "hair coloring and hair treatment". it did make my hair a nice deep shiny black and soften it, so i would agree with both.

I'm confused. The henna cream gave you a deep shiny black? If the outcome was black then did this creme have indigo in the mix? I though henna alone only produced a reddish tone?

Thanks,

Vera
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 27th March 2010, 11:03 pm

@brown- I am glad that the yogurt worked for you!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2