CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senate Democratic Leader, Harry Reid's comment about Obama's complexion

2 posters

Go down

Senate Democratic Leader, Harry Reid's comment about Obama's complexion Empty Senate Democratic Leader, Harry Reid's comment about Obama's complexion

Post by CocoEuro 12th January 2010, 7:21 am

I am appalled and happy at the same time with the recent comments made about Obama being a light-skinned African American and does not talk like a “negro” will allow him to get elected into office. I am happy because this opens the floor for communication especially in the “Black” community on “light skin” “dark skin” just like Christ Rock’s move “Good Hair”. As a dark skin female I’ve heard it all! Name calling as Blackie, Chocolate (sound cute but I know where it’s coming from) Darkie, Dirt, and so much more. I feel that I am a nice friendly person however I know that people did not want to befriend nor date me because of my complexion. Excuses were your pretty for a dark-skin girl or your pretty but too dark! What is the world’s obsession with skin color? Why does white have to right and black wrong? (I know the answer but would like to hear other opinions!) Will it have ever be corrected? It’s 2010 can we move forward to the “real” issues in the world?
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Senate Democratic Leader, Harry Reid's comment about Obama's complexion Empty Re: Senate Democratic Leader, Harry Reid's comment about Obama's complexion

Post by LearninToLove 12th January 2010, 5:33 pm

It's really a heart issue so I highly doubt we'll be able to move on until people get their collective hearts right!
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down