CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What products do i use for a wash'n'go?

+4
TMS
Erica5417
jlowman1
hdthomas
8 posters

Go down

What products do i use for a wash'n'go? Empty What products do i use for a wash'n'go?

Post by hdthomas 7th January 2010, 6:58 pm

i have a twa and am new to the whole natural thing. What are the best products to use for a wash'n'go hairstyle? The pictures ive seen of the hairstyle showed the short curly afro and thats the look im going for.
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

What products do i use for a wash'n'go? Empty Re: What products do i use for a wash'n'go?

Post by jlowman1 7th January 2010, 7:24 pm

These are what I use for my wash'n'go. Remember all hair types are different so you may require different products or styling techniques.

I cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner, then use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream as a leave-in and then I seal my hair with EVOO.

Also remember DONT touch your hair while it is drying or you will have alot of frizz...

Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

What products do i use for a wash'n'go? Empty Re: What products do i use for a wash'n'go?

Post by hdthomas 7th January 2010, 7:29 pm

my hair type is a mixture of 3c and 4a..is that similar to yours?
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th January 2010, 7:34 pm

You could definitely be my hair twin, Im 3c all over with a 4a patch on the nape of my neck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by hdthomas 7th January 2010, 7:38 pm

lol definitely...where can i buy those products?
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th January 2010, 9:28 pm

Its ok, I was the same way when i first began my natural journey. Sometimes thing can still be overwhelming but joining the CurlyNikki forum has really helped...

All the products I mentioned can be purchased at Walmart or even CVS or Walgreens.

Cowash means to wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo.

First I cowash with the Suave, I do this twice and on the final rinse I rinse with cold water. Sometimes I use a wide toothed comb but most times I just finger comb through it. This will close your pores and help you to retain moisture.

Next, towel dry your hair, try not to be too rough or you will cause frizz. Add the Garnier Fructis at this point. I usually use about a quarter sized squirt because my hair is too long. After this, I just fingercomb through it.

Lastly, I take about a dime sized amount of extra virgin olive oil and smooth it over my hair, concentrating on my ends. This seals in moisture as well and should protect your hair from the elements.

I always try to add cute little hair accessories and headbands to make it even cuter!

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

I have pics in my fotki as well if you would like to see what my hair look like after this process! Its in my signature below...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 7th January 2010, 10:18 pm

You get less frizz if you dry your hair with an old t-shirt. The tiny loops on a towel will snag your hair. When I first BC'd I would just blot with paper towels and air dry (of course it was warm outside then).
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th January 2010, 10:21 pm

Thanks @erica5417, I never thought about that. I'll try the t-shirt or paper towel next time...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 8th January 2010, 12:00 am

Ladies thank you for posting this great information. I plan to either cut my texturizer out tomorrow or let it grow and cut it in two weeks. Either way, I will be doing the wash and go method for a while.

I'm so happy that hdthomas asked the question.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2010, 1:25 am

yes I keep my trusty tshirt handy at all times!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 8th January 2010, 1:33 am

When I go home to visit my brother is always trying to figure out where all his tshirts go, lol.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 8th January 2010, 3:17 pm

In my post BC days (1st 3 months), I used Suave Cococut conditioner for my wash and go's. Now I'm using HH hello hydration or HH Totally Twisted.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th January 2010, 6:54 pm

You can check out a couple of ladies on the BnB thread who have great results with WnGs. They are traveljunkie and lynnieluve. To quickly go to their posts go here and here.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 10th January 2010, 8:02 pm

Hdthomas~

I sprits my TWA with water and i mix of my fav oils and then clump on some Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisturizing Condish and seal with some EVOO or Coconut Oil and my curls are amazing and soft I LOVE IT!!!!!.......
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down