CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheapie Henna

4 posters

Go down

Cheapie Henna Empty Cheapie Henna

Post by Hazelbabe 31st December 2009, 5:36 pm

I'm interested in trying henna, but I'm a college student on a tight budget. I was wondering, since most people have said that the main difference in the type of henna used is the way it rinses out and the color quality, and I've read the the body art quality henna rinses out better because it is triple sifted. Could I just sift the cheapie brands myself to help the henna rinse out easier. Again since I'm in college I'm trying to save as much money and time I can. All help is appreciated.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Cheapie Henna Empty Re: Cheapie Henna

Post by CurlyLeA 2nd January 2010, 5:13 pm

I use the cheaper hennas. I have been buying from my local indian store and there are many to choose from. I have no compliants so far. I have used a pack of henna that cost $1.50 and was happy with the results. I think that if you want to sift it again, you can. I haven't done that... i've also purchased a pack of body art quality henna for about $2.49... not sure if you can afford that.

Just ensure that when you purchase your henna that you buy henna from 2009 preferably... the more recent the year the better because it's a fresher. No one wants old herbs right?

Let us know how it goes! Hope this helps a bit.

Good luck!
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 2nd January 2010, 5:34 pm

Karishma (150g) is a good cheapie brand (99ยข - $2.50) you can probably find in your local Indian grocer.
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 8:26 pm

I agree Karishma or Dulhan henna are both great options. I get Karishma henna for like $1.29 at my local indian grocery store. Its already finely sifted and it contains amla, shikakai, and other herbs that are great for the hair. Its been my go to henna since I started. I definitely recommend it. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 3rd January 2010, 4:07 am

Thank you ladies so much. Will definitely look for these brands when I find an indian store when I go back to school.
I'll definitely tell yall how it goes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down