CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LUSH.com

5 posters

Go down

LUSH.com Empty LUSH.com

Post by ShyCurl 25th December 2009, 1:44 pm

Has anyone heard of the company LUSH(Homade Natural products)? and if so have you tried the Henna Bars?
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

LUSH.com Empty Re: LUSH.com

Post by LilMsPuddles 26th December 2009, 3:59 am

I use to work at the store here. I honestly have never seen anyone buy a bar and have only heard of a few people using them. Out of those few only one said that she liked or would retry the bar.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 26th December 2009, 2:37 pm

oh okay thanks, I probably wont try it!! I'll stick to what I know.
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 14th January 2010, 4:06 pm

I recently used the brun henna bar. Although it was fairly easy to use, the hard part was preparing it. I used a cheese grater to make it into a powder. I mixed it with a cup of boiling water and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. It was easy to apply and easy to rinse out - it took about 10 minutes for me to completely get it out of my head. The "side effect" is a horrible fresh-cut grass smell that eventually went away after a few days of using my styling products.

All in all, my hair turned out beautiful. My hair is black, but I had highlighted ends from a color that had grown out. It darkened the highlights to a beautiful honey brown color and my black roots/hair to a richer color. I had some gray hair that turned the honey brown color as well. The color is subtle enough that people realize I've done something different to my hair, but can't pinpoint what it is. I haven't had the "heavier" hair or "stretched" curls that people have talked about with other henna manufacturers.

I do plan to use again and add some cumin to add a bit of a golden color to it. I only plan to use 2 squares instead of 4 - the brick comes with 6 squares.

Hope this helps.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 14th January 2010, 4:41 pm

Thanks a bunch yes it helped alot!!
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by curliitommii 17th January 2010, 10:55 am

I used the lush bars as well, the first time I hennaed but I mixed it with regular henna to stretch it out (it's a little expensive, no?) it was easy to rinse it out, but preparing it is a beast! You already have enough clean-up when it comes to your bathroom after putting it in your hair, but when you try to grate or crush the cube it tends to get a little messy.. So I would just stick with the local indian/pakistani grocery store lol

curliitommii

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 17th January 2010, 2:37 pm

I wouldnt recommend using it. They smell horrible and have bits of twigs and sand bits in them that are verrrrrry hard to rinse out.
Bleh! I recommend just using the real thing
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 18th January 2010, 1:24 am

Thanks ladies I've decided to stick with the regular Henna!
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down