CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products?

+2
LovelyCurls
tamtam7
6 posters

Go down

What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products? Empty What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products?

Post by tamtam7 21st December 2009, 6:26 pm

I remember a post like this somewhere but can't seem to find it. I'm going to experiment with the twist-n-curl, and I need recommendations on hair products that I don't have to purchase online. In particular, I am interested in curl defining products. Any suggestions?
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products? Empty Re: What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products?

Post by LovelyCurls 24th December 2009, 12:13 am

When I do my twist'n curls I use conditioner, Herbal Essence-Hello Hydration. It helps with my curls and is only $2.97 (at least where I live) but nevertheless it is pretty cheap. When I un-did the twist that morning, I had coconut oil on my finger to help with shine and control frizz. You can pick that up at a grocery store. Good luck, I am sure you will be happy with the end results Smile
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products? Empty Re: What Are Your Favorite Drugstore Hair Products?

Post by tamtam7 24th December 2009, 10:53 am

Thanks LovelyCurls. I actually did my twist'n curl on Tues. and I love the results. I used Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingling Conditioner, and loved it! I used Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz to untwist the next morning. But I have Herbal Essence Hello Hydration on my list to try next time, because I have heard a lot of great things about that product. I need to get some coconut oil too. Thanks for the info. I wish I can post a picture, but I'm not very tech savvy. My avatar shows the side angle of the style, though. Thanks again.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyCurls 25th December 2009, 2:37 am

Really cute pic. Glad it came out so cute. Love it.
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 25th December 2009, 1:09 pm

Thanks LovelyCurls. It's looking pretty sad right now. I think I need to do something to spruce it back up again.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyCurls 30th December 2009, 12:26 am

LOL, yeah i am going to attempt to do something to mines right now
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th December 2009, 1:06 am

HE Hello Hydration
VO5 for cowashing
Main'n'Tail Deep Conditioner
Organix Coconut Milk or Shea Butter Conditioner
Aussie Moist Conditioner (big bottle)
Giovanni Moisturizing Conditioner

I haven't done a TNC yet, but I use these to cowash and to do the conditioner only method.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 31st December 2009, 9:56 am

John Frieda Root Awakening line.
I use the:
Nourishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner
Health Boosting Detangling Spray
Strength Restoring Conditioner

They have some more products coming out in 2010, I can't wait to try them.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 31st December 2009, 6:13 pm

@sisterboyd, I've been meaning to try that HE Hello Hydration. I've been hearing great things about it.
@vintagenarcissa, I'll have to check into that John Frieda line
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 1st January 2010, 2:22 pm

The nourishing moisture products in the root awakening line are a god send for me. The conditioner feels so nice to my hair and the eucalyptus and peppermint extract gives a nice tingly sensation. I love peppermint. And it has AMAZING slip. Even though I never used it for detangling. And the strength restoring conditioner has god to be the best leave in I've ever had.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 2nd January 2010, 11:36 am

What is meant by the statement that the product has amazing slip?
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 2nd January 2010, 12:58 pm

Amazing slip means exactly what it says - that the product makes the hair slippery to the touch. That your fingers kind of slide on your hair when you touch it. This mostly means that the products makes for a good detangler.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 2nd January 2010, 5:42 pm

Oh! The product is a good detangler. Thanks.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyCurls 6th January 2010, 1:04 am

@ SisterBoyd I mix HE Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist Conditioner together and I have been pleased with the results. Just thought I'd throw that out there since you use both [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-also someone told me when I do that to add coconut oil to the mix and I will be even more pleased...i'll keep you posted
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by lexi1 6th January 2010, 1:36 am

Herbal Essences Conditioners and Pantene

lexi1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 6th January 2010, 2:21 am

I'll have to try that LovelyCurls!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyKeyKey 8th January 2010, 1:20 pm

I've just finished transitioning (it only took me a year and my hair is a little bit longer than chin length when straight cheek length when curly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). When washing, I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Line. It has apricot seeds and three oils (olive, avocado, and shea) and moisturizes the follicule from within. The 3 minute Dryness Reversal Treatment softens the dryest hair (I suggest if your hair is really dry, leave it on longer- I do it for about 15 minutes). I also use Cantu's Daily moisturizer and Dr. Miracle's Hair & Scalp Treatment Conditioner (strongly recommended for slow growth, but only use twice a week because it can make your hair heavy).

**Hope this was some help**
KinkyKeyKey
KinkyKeyKey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down