CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diet can help with hair growth!

5 posters

Go down

Diet can help with hair growth! Empty Diet can help with hair growth!

Post by butterfly3000 18th December 2009, 2:33 pm

When I had locks, my hair was down to my butt before I chopped. I do know that locks appear to grow faster because there is no shedding, cutting, trimming, etc....but WOW, only seven years to go from a two inch fro to top of butt is insane.

I was extremely healthy then, still am now, but not as fanatical about it. Foods that were a regular part of my diet were:

Salmon
Dark Leafy Greens (Kale, Collards, Spinach, Green leaf lettuces not iceberg)
Olive Oil
All types of fruit
Almonds
Avocados
Wasn't taking vitamins on a consistent basis

The first 3 years were a short growth period, but after it reached my shoulders it was out of control.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Diet can help with hair growth! Empty Re: Diet can help with hair growth!

Post by LilMsPuddles 19th December 2009, 1:44 am

Everything that you named are "common sense" hair foods, when ever I eat those food on a consistent basis my hair does the same thing. Too bad most people don't realize that, they just want a magical scalp rub but those foods have THE essentials for good hair.
And don't forget drinking lots of water, my personal downfall Embarassed
I'm glad you posted this because I've been thinking about going pescitarian because I don't really like meat or poultry and my body keeps telling me I need to feed her better.

I like your avatar BTW!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 19th December 2009, 10:40 am

I've been a pescatarian for about 11 years and to be honest, when I treat my hair like crap, I get crappy results. Regardless of what you eat, its all about how you treat your hair (moisturize, deep condition, low manipulation, etc...). I've been natural all my life and should have hair down to my butt by now, but I've abused my hair over the years and only started to take care of it since May of this year. My diet is the same, but I'm getting much better results with my hair since adopting a good hair regimen.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 31st December 2009, 9:50 am

Diet very much can affect the growth of your hair. If you have a bad diet it can cause hair breakage and hair loss. There are several aspects that can affect the hair in negative or positive ways, not only diet but also health, stress, caring, growth cycles etc. If your diet is already healthy and stable then that would not be a factor in things that affect your hair negatively.

I am personally developing a protein rich vegan diet that hope will help me with my hair growth. I admit that I do not have the healthiest diet and I feel that may be one of the reasons I have not seen as much growth as I think I should for as long as I've been natural and for as long as I've been taking care of my hair.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 31st December 2009, 4:24 pm

I agree with all of you. I have to admit that my diet is bad although I do eat a good amount of veggies and take my vitamins, I still eat alot of fatty foods that I get cravings for. I need to eat better and I will! I will start with green smoothies and exercising more to aid in my health since my body is rebelling on me and I need to do something about it.
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down