CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz.....

4 posters

Go down

Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz..... Empty Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz.....

Post by Miss CurlyT 11th December 2009, 4:44 pm

Happy Friday ladies! I have decided to try henna...it seems as though it works wonders for everyones hair and I feel like my hair has been looking so dull as of late. I have visited many of the sites you all have suggested and realized that there is such a high shipping costs for the henna. I don't really mind, except there is an Indian market about a mile from my house so I figure it makes sense to try that place 1st....I am just not sure what ingredients should I be looking for. I have read all about making sure you use the "right" type of henna or your hair can have some bad reactions to it. Can you all tell me exactly what I should be looking for on the ingredients...or what types of questions I should be asking the sales person to ensure I am purchasing the right product. OR should I just suck it up and order from mehendi.com LOL...
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz..... Empty Re: Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz.....

Post by Natural Wheezes 11th December 2009, 5:36 pm

Girl. I'm on Mehandi right now and I'm like, "I need to hit up that Indian store downtown, seriously!" I love the tips you get, they're very thorough. From all I've read, it depends on if you want more or less color deposited in your hair. Well, first it needs to be body-art quality; nothing else is acceptable. Then go to www.hennaforhair.com and see if you want henna, or a combo of henna/indigo or henna/cassia. I'm confused about the cassia because I want to do 1/2 henna, 1/2 cassia, but the cassia on mehandi.com says "Henna for Blonde".

I need help, too! Smile
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz..... Empty Re: Henna Ingredients-what should I look for??? Help plzzzzz.....

Post by Miss CurlyT 11th December 2009, 6:15 pm

I just saw this thread after posting this question:

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/henna-f1/free-shipping-on-henna-here-t273.htm

@ WW I so feel you...I am confused about the entire thing! Thanks for the link....I wanted to do a henna treatment this weekend so I was hoping I could find out what I needed to know so I can just run and pick one up...but if I have to order it no worries Smile...at least we found a site with free shipping!
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 11th December 2009, 7:57 pm

The henna should have NO ingredients but henna.

Cassia is called henna for blondes because instead of dyeing the hair red it has a a slight yellow colour, that won't show up on darker hair
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 13th December 2009, 4:36 pm

Ah! Thanks LilMsPuddles! I'm going to haunt our Indian store next weekend and see what they have, and if they don't have what I want I'll hit up the website.

Of course the henna will probably sit there for a month before I use it, but at least I'll have it, right?? Laughing
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 14th December 2009, 5:52 pm

Thanks MsPuddles....

WW I am the same exact way...I am sure I wont use the henna when I claim I am...but atleasts its there right! LOL
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 15th December 2009, 12:53 am

I received my Henna/Indigo today from Mehandi.com but know I won't use it for a while because I want to try the Henna by itself first but when I get that I know it will probably be a few weeks before i try it too, lol.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down