CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fireproof

3 posters

Go down

fireproof Empty fireproof

Post by ytiznatural 10th December 2009, 9:40 pm

I have seen the movie but never really put thought into this book very encouraging uplifting and will help mend a marriage
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

fireproof Empty Re: fireproof

Post by tiashaunteé 11th December 2009, 2:50 pm

I have the movie at home waiting for my husband and I to watch it.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 11th December 2009, 4:04 pm

i want hubby to watch it also, he claims he has seen it but i dont think he has, he said it was on tv but i dont recall it being on tv, the 40 day dare is something both of us willl do, but you know it depends on the individuals f they really want it to work. we will see, I am on day 2 of the dare. easy right now, but i know it will get challenging
If u dont mind me asking how long have u been married its 11 years for me
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th December 2009, 4:11 pm

Only 1 year and 4 months for us. We are fortunate to so awesome married role models around us. We attended "A Weekend to Remember" a few weeks ago and at first we felt so out of place. The conference was filled with couples on the verge of divorce, couples with YEARS under their belt, and some on their second marriage. I was really like "Why are we here?" But God has a reason for everything. The things we learned in that conference provided us with the knowledge we need for a marriage that works. You are so right that it takes both individuals for it to work. Many times I think people are more in love with the idea of a wedding than they are with the person they are marrying. Marriage is 100-100. I have truly learned a lot in the 1 year we've been married and I am still learning and open to receive the experiences and lessons learned from others.

At the conference they actually showed a clip from Fireproof. We gotta find time to watch it soon. I keep hearing good reviews.

Family Life Conference: http://www.familylife.com/site/c.dnJHKLNnFoG/b.3082787/k.BF6A/Home.htm
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 11th December 2009, 9:10 pm

it is a great movie. The advice i would love to say is dont ever go to bed angry or leave with each other the same way you never know if thats the last time u can actually see them. I have had ups and downs, and I will say i have taken my husband through the ringer, but he has such a humble spirit, and I wonder sometimes why he still loves me. But he has God in his heart and with his grace anything is possible. That conference sounds like something I would love to go to. Our church has a marriage retreat every year where we go to this place for two nights called Lake Tiakata, hubby job did permit us to go, but it is filled with so much advice. Our religion doesnt permit in divorce so we have been down that road but like I said give it to God and he has brought us through a lot. Let meknow what u think of the movie, it made me get sorta sad at times. I think u two will love the book Love Dare, that is based on the book used in the movie. When u see the movie you will know what I mean, its more like a journal, dont want to give it away but when u see the movie let me know what u think
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 1st January 2010, 9:30 pm

I tried to do the love dare and failed. I got angry with him about something and stopped. One thing I would say from my failure. Focus on the scriptures and prayer as you work through the book. It's not easy, but your marriage is worth the work. I may have to pick it back up and try again soon.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 2nd January 2010, 3:51 am

The same happend to me also, hubby act as if it didnt matter and I stopped. I actually looked at the book tonight and said it wouldnt matter and I didnt want to start it over. I know patience and prayer will help me finish, I may have to pick it up soon also
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum