CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Guacamole

2 posters

Go down

Holy Guacamole Empty Holy Guacamole

Post by CabelloMulatto 29th March 2011, 10:44 am

Hello Natural Beauties! I logged on after several months away to check up on any new techniques and/or styles. After 2 medium chops, 3 supersize trims, and 9months of sew-ins, my hair is finally 97% relaxer free(YAH ME). Anyhoo, I saw the homemade product section and decided to share my concoction. I started using "Holy Guacamole" when I still had a lot of perm in my hair, just to get in the habit of using natural-friendly products. I heard about using avocado on youtube and found out it was great for frizz control, shine and helps keep the scalp healthy. My recipe is as follows:
  • 1 ripe avocado
    1 ripe banana(natural moisturizer)
    3 tbs EVOO
    1/2 cup filtered/spring water
    3/4 cup of plain yogurt

I used a hand blender to give the product a wiped texture and apply it to my hair as a deep conditioning mask. I usually sit under the dryer for about 15-20 min and then let it sit for another 10-15 before washing it out. Im planning to use this today and will try to post pics of the results!

*Side note: Sometimes I add other ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, honey, milk, vinegar and/or conditioner to the guacamole just to spice it up.
CabelloMulatto
CabelloMulatto

Back to top Go down

Holy Guacamole Empty Re: Holy Guacamole

Post by Madeaj 29th March 2011, 11:07 am

Sounds good. I'm gonna try this my next deep condition.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down