CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVIGAL HENNA. Has anybody used it?

3 posters

Go down

AVIGAL HENNA. Has anybody used it? Empty AVIGAL HENNA. Has anybody used it?

Post by jenerett 27th March 2011, 10:24 pm

Hi!

I did a quick search but I didn't get any hits that anyone has talked about this product yet on the forum. Found it on Amazon it's called AVIGAL HENNA. 4.5 for about $10. I've never used henna, what's made me hesitant is that I didn't want super bright red hair. Well, this one has color options. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say how it works but I'm going to buy. My natural hair color is extremely dark, practically jet black. But I have some old highlights that are a medium/light brown, in packaged hair scales my hair color is between a 1b/27 or 1b/30 depending on the brand. So far this henna I'm deciding between buying the Mahogany or the Brown. And I will also by natural.

If anyone has used it let me know. Or please chime in on what color I should choose. Below are the color descriptions from the company.

NATURAL - Gives no change in color; use it on any color hair, including grey, for shiny highlights.
HAZEL - A light ash blonde shade. Use on Blonde, Grey and Salt and Pepper hair to enhance with ash blonde highlights.
TOPAZ - A light golden blonde shade perfect for Grey or Salt and Pepper hair.
CHAMPAGNE - A delicate blonde shade. Use it on Blonde, Dirty Blonde or Light Brown hair for pale blonde highlights.
COGNAC - A warm honey shade. Use on Medium Brown hair to give a beautiful honey red tone.
STRAWBERRY BLONDE - Golden red shade. Use on Blonde, Light Brown and Medium Brown hair for reddish-gold highlights.
MAHOGANY - A golden brown shade. Use on Medium Brown hair for warm brown highlights with a slight hint of red.
BROWN - A chestnut brown shade. Not a trace of red. Use on Medium Brown and Black hair for rich brown highlights.
RED - A rich red shade. Use on Brown and Black hair for deep red highlights. Definitely not the old henna red!
COPPER - A red-gold shade. Use on Brown, Black and Red hair for a rich coppery look.
AUBURN - A red-brown shade. Use on Brown, Black and Red hair for a true auburn tone.
BURGUNDY - A red-black-purple shade. Use on Brown and Black hair for deep wine highlights.
BLACK - A deep ebony shade. Use on Black hair for jet-black highlights.

jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

AVIGAL HENNA. Has anybody used it? Empty Re: AVIGAL HENNA. Has anybody used it?

Post by jenerett 27th March 2011, 10:34 pm

Oh more info, from another website about the product

The basic difference between Avigal Henna and other hennas on the market is that Avigal Henna is 100% pure henna made from the finest quality henna available. Avigal Henna is the safest and most effective way to color and condition the hair. Simply add hot water to the henna powder, mix well and apply. Follow the time specified on the enclosed instruction sheet. If you use an external heat source, you can cut the processing time by 30%.
PERMED HAIR? You can apply Avigal Henna over permed hair without worry. In fact, Avigal Henna will lock in the perm, making the curl last longer. If you want to perm after a henna application, perm as usual and then reapply henna since the chemicals in the perm will strip the henna color from the hair.

GREY HAIR? Avigal Henna has developed 6 shades for single process use on grey hair: Natural, Hazel, Topaz, Champagne, Strawberry Blonde and Red. Each may be applied directly onto grey or graying hair for highlights ranging from extraordinary shine to rich red. Grey hair can also be darkened by the double process method.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 27th March 2011, 10:40 pm

As far as I know henna doesn't have color options. This sounds like it could be a chemical hair color with a little henna in it, or mixes with indigo or other elements. HTH

Oh I found this link too. http://www.hennaforhair.com/forum/messages/1525.html
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 27th March 2011, 11:22 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm thinking it could be a blend of henna and indigo, etc. I'm trying to choose between that brand and Light mountain now.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 28th March 2011, 1:23 am

I have used Light Mountain and its a pain to wash out. BAQ (body art quality) henna for me is best. Its easy to apply, easy to wash and you're not risking additives that might be in it.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down