CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Staples

+5
creolebeauty1
NhappyJackie
tamtam7
freckledmom4
blkbeauty2010
9 posters

Go down

Summer Staples Empty Summer Staples

Post by blkbeauty2010 25th March 2011, 12:27 am

Okay curlies... Spring is definately in the air (at least here and Houston) which means wash-n-go season is here or just around the corner. During this time last year I was roller setting and didn't get the chance to play around with a wash-n-go, but I AM ITCHIN to throw some ish in my hair "whip it back n forth" like Willow and go about your day. Please, please, please, scratch my PJ itch and dish your favorite wash-n-go product AND/OR what you want to try this year
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Summer Staples Empty Re: Summer Staples

Post by freckledmom4 25th March 2011, 10:59 am

Hi blkbeauty2010! I love your profile pic. Your hair is simply gorgeous! For wngs, I have used KCCC, ecostyler oo gel, and Darcy's Coiling Jelly. Out of those 3, Darcy's is my favorite because it performs just as well as KCCC and mixes well with other products. I just ordered Donna Marie's Miracurl and Dream Curling Cream and they're on their way woot! ! I've heard lots of good things about them and they were on sale (always a +). I'll let you know how they work out.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 25th March 2011, 2:21 pm

This is a great post because I'm curious to know what products to use. I've been wanting to try a wng but like you, don't know what products to try. I was thinking about trying kinky curtly too. In also planned on using miss Jessie just because I have it.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 25th March 2011, 2:48 pm

This summer I will be experimenting to find out what gives me the best definition with washNgo's. I will try conditioner only, KCCC, and Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 25th March 2011, 3:32 pm

Idk what is the best since i'm newly natural but i intend on using trying the kinky curly custard and that's about it
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 25th March 2011, 4:57 pm

Please post some pictures ladies Smile
Since i cannot really wash and go...I'll live it through you...lol.

I heard great things about the KCCC for WnGs though...so good luck....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Brwnsugar24 25th March 2011, 5:13 pm

I use the KKKK for my wngs. I did one the other day and kinda used way to much product so just be careful if you use the KKKK. I would have posted a pic but it was so stiff my hair did not hardly move so you can imagine what it looked like Laughing
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 25th March 2011, 5:17 pm

@fanmnatirel my hair shrinks something terrible i will not be doing no wash and go but i plan on using it for definition for my braid outs and for my puffs on top of my shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie maybe after i'm 3 years natural i'll attempt a wash and go than i'll have some hang time
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 26th March 2011, 1:45 am

@creolebeauty- That is exactly how i use it: for twist outs....and the results are bananas...lol.

I'm always saying the same thing...i'll attempt a WnG on year 3...lol
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 28th March 2011, 5:57 pm

I was just thinking the same thing, wondering how and what I will add to my summer hair regimen. @Blkbeauty2010, I see you're in Houston too, so you know we gotta brace ourselves for this humidity! (SMH! I'm sooo dreading that!) I would like to do some more experimenting with wash & go's...when I first went natural, I did them a lot, but now, not so much! I mostly rock twist outs because I don't get so much shrinkage from it and it shows my length better. I've heard great things about Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic. I've been meaning to get some of it for the longest, but I think i will add it to my stash to try out and master the wash n go style.

natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 29th March 2011, 9:43 pm

This summer definitely wash n gos. I like to spray a bit of water in my hair, use garner frutis leave in conditioner with some olive oil to seal the moisture. finishing it off with a cute big flower or a simple headband. If I want more moisture or curl definition, I'll add some hydrathermal hair lotion and some curl activating gel, definitely going to use more of KCC.
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 30th March 2011, 12:52 am

@ Natural 83, it took everything in me not to go to the UFD Salon and pick it up this weekend. I ended up down the street at Sallys getting Argan oil curling cream and Olive Oil Hair Pudding. Well see how it goes though. I know what you mean about the humidity thats why i want to master a wng so i dont have to feel like im wasting time and products on twist outs that look a hot mess after walking across the parking lot to my car.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down