CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amount of time between extension protective styles?

5 posters

Go down

amount of time between extension protective styles? Empty amount of time between extension protective styles?

Post by aylexgetxit 20th March 2011, 3:40 pm

hey!

i'm not sure if this question has been answered already, but i was wondering how much time should there be in between extension protective styles...

i just took out my kinky twists yesterday and am wondering if it would be fine to get a weave or senegalese twists within the week.

or is it best to take a break or just wear protective styles with my own hair?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

amount of time between extension protective styles? Empty Re: amount of time between extension protective styles?

Post by fanmnatirel 20th March 2011, 4:28 pm

I would let my hair breathe for a month or so...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

amount of time between extension protective styles? Empty Re: amount of time between extension protective styles?

Post by Jo Somebody 20th March 2011, 10:48 pm

Month?! I would've said 1-2 weeks. But then again, I don't use extensions.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by elitebeauty13 20th March 2011, 11:49 pm

I usually wait 1-2 weeks. That way you have you have adequate time assess the condition of your hair. You also want to take this time to do a protein treatment and deep condition a couple times before the next install.
elitebeauty13
elitebeauty13

http://elitebeauty13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 21st March 2011, 7:56 pm

I had my hair braided, took them out on Fri. I pre-pooed with Vatika Frosting for about 7 hours and did a deep condition with protein on Sat and was rebraided on Sun. I also trimmed my ends.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by aylexgetxit 22nd March 2011, 1:03 am

thanks, ladies!
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down