CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straight hair opposed to kinky curls

2 posters

Go down

Straight hair opposed to kinky curls Empty Straight hair opposed to kinky curls

Post by NaturallyMissC 15th March 2011, 1:39 pm

Hi ladies, I'm sure this was probably answered someplace else but I don't feel like searching lol. I've been wearing my natural kinks for quite some time. I am a newly transitioned natural newby but would like to start wearing my hair straight as opposed to my natural kinks more often. I haven't straightened my hair since the beginning of last December. I miss the sleek look but I'm definitely not relaxing my hair again. So, my question is, would it damage my hair if I hot combed or flat ironed my hair after washing and a blow dry? I would do it after every couple of washes, will get it trimmed regularly and I always ALWAYS use a heat protectant. I know some women who have natural kinky hair but always get it straightened. Will this slow down/hinder healthy growth? Any help/suggestions...thanks!

NaturallyMissC

Back to top Go down

Straight hair opposed to kinky curls Empty Re: Straight hair opposed to kinky curls

Post by Madeaj 15th March 2011, 2:09 pm

I don't think it will hinder growth. It looks like you have a good plan for protecting your hair. My sister is natural and she flat irons her hair at least once a month, sometimes less. But her curls always come back in full force as soon as it gets wet. Her hair grows faster than mine but she keeps her hair just long enough for a little bun or puff. Even with the cutting, I swear it grows about an inch a month! lol
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down