CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hair has inspired my to have a natural childbirth?

+11
Cupcake415
blackice82
MEGAFAITH
Tiffy2
Karyn
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Armywife
Renny
nattynattie
tashacu02
lilcago
15 posters

Go down

My hair has inspired my to  have a natural childbirth? Empty My hair has inspired my to have a natural childbirth?

Post by lilcago 14th March 2011, 3:59 pm

I don't know if this post is out there if there is i guess I am going to start another one(sorry). With me and my husband thinking about having out 1st baby, my thoughts on how we would bing this baby into the world seem keep turning to a natural child birth. Never before did I even give thought to the idea of natural child birth and I used to think it was crazy, but for some reason it seems like the only way to go. my reason for going natural was to stop putting the chemicals in my hair for overall health of my hair, so why wouldn't I take the same care with my baby and not introduce epidural and other medicine to speed up the labor. if i take so much care in my hair, I feel that I would need to multiply that a bazillion times for my child.

Has anybody had natural childbirth, or is anyone thinking of having one? what's everyone's thoughts on natural childbirth?
lilcago
lilcago

Back to top Go down

My hair has inspired my to  have a natural childbirth? Empty Re: My hair has inspired my to have a natural childbirth?

Post by tashacu02 14th March 2011, 4:21 pm

I thought about it, but let me tell you I was in labor for 36 hours so when they finally admitted me to the hospital, I got the epidural ASAP! LOL! And to tell you the truth after experiencing that type of pain during and after child birth, I would do it again. I think to each their own but I wouldn't put too much pressure on yourself to go natural because you don't want to feel like you "failed" if you get an epidural once the pain starts. I am not against natural child births by any means but I'm currently transitioning and I just cannot compare the two. So many things can go on during childbirth that are unplanned that it's hard to have a strict plan and with my hair, I can have a plan and I'm in control. I feel like I'm rambling on, but it's hard to explain...lol.
tashacu02
tashacu02

Back to top Go down

My hair has inspired my to  have a natural childbirth? Empty Re: My hair has inspired my to have a natural childbirth?

Post by nattynattie 14th March 2011, 4:37 pm

hi lilcago,

I had my son 3 1/2 years ago without an epidural (I wasn't anywhere close to being natural at that time...hair, contacts, nails, lol). But, for whatever reason, I too was uncomfortable with the idea of introducing chemicals to my baby during labor...until I went into labor.

The nurse came and asked me several times if I wanted the epi, and I turned it down at least 3 times until I decided, WTH, this is getting kinda tough. To my surprise, when I broke down and said I would take it, the nurse took some blood, came back to my room and told me I was ineligible to get it (something about my red blood cell count).

So, I ended up going through 12 hours of labor with no epi - and I must say that I would actually do it again. My mother was with me, I knew she had delivered two children naturally, and I looked at her and knew that I could do it too (especially since I had no choice at that point, lol). Make sure you study up on breathing techniques if you plan to deliver naturally. Because it was my initial plan to deliver naturally, I had learned and practiced lamaze during the last part of my pregnancy.

It really is possible! And it wasn't thaaaaaaaaaat bad. Remember, women have been delivering naturally for centuries! I was so alert, aware, and "present" throughout and after experience. As soon as the doctor handed me my little man I asked if I could feed him because he must be hungry...lol. Those maternal instincts kick in fast!!

Don't feel bad if you do decide to get an epidural though, because women have been doing that for decades too...it's all personal preference! Just be safe.

Best wishes to you and your new addition!!
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 14th March 2011, 5:07 pm

I've done both. My 19 yr old I had completely natural and my 5 year old (13 yrs later) I had using every drug they had. If I had to have another baby I would just do it natural. The EPI slowed down everything and once they turned it off so I could push I was in hell anyway. But and this is a big but, my labors only last 9 hrs. The hard, "Lord take me now" pain is only about 3 so...

All the best to you!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 14th March 2011, 5:11 pm

My first child was a natural childbirth and she will be 16 this year. My son born 7 yrs later I had a epidual.....
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 14th March 2011, 9:47 pm

With my 7 month old I got to 7cm with out even knowing I was in labor and then when I got to the hospital I got an epidural. But not because I was in pain...just because I was scared of pushing without one. If I had to go back I would have done it natural because I got that far...I probably could have gone the whole way. But I don't feel like I failed or anything because of it. It's child birth, stuff happens. I think if you want to go naural then by all means do so but just keep an open mind and be flexible because you never know what can happen. In the end a healthy baby is whats most important Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 15th March 2011, 12:08 am

kandee johnson on youtube has inspired me to have an at home natural child birth. i dont plan on having kids for like...8-10 years from now, but still lol. my hair definitely didnt inspire me Razz i think with kj's at home birth story and the fact that im trying to live a healthier lifestyle (about 90% vegan) contributed to my decision
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by lilcago 15th March 2011, 12:52 pm

thanks every one for your thoughts the most important thing is a healthy baby, I guess right now I'm all talk till I get in to the situation when I need to make the choice
lilcago
lilcago

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 15th March 2011, 1:14 pm

I had a natural birth with my second son,but that was because I was in the hospital watching five heartbeats and singing while in labor instead of calling the nurse and telling her that my contractions were getting worse. so when she came in my son was coming out. I am pregnant right now, and in October I will not be having a natural birth. but I have decided to breast feed.
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 15th March 2011, 3:22 pm

Iwill be having twins in July im going to try not to get any meds I know I dont want a epidul until let until labor this is my secong delivery hopefully everything goes as planned becaues I had a unnessaary c-Sections with my first son. if anyone has time take a look a the ducmentry called the Buisness of begin Born (its on Netflixs) it will open your eyes to alot of things about the brith of a women a the true goal of the hospital.
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by lilcago 15th March 2011, 4:16 pm

I have seen that move and they also have a movie called pregnant in american that is very similar on netflix too
lilcago
lilcago

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice82 16th March 2011, 9:12 pm

I use to be a Labor and Delivery Nurse and I see both pro and con with having a epidural. But I must say I have always thought of having children naturally. Then I started doing some research on hypnobirth after my friend told me that what she did when she gave birth to her son, and it really intrigue me. You may want to check it out.

Last edited by blackice82 on 16th March 2011, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
blackice82
blackice82

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 17th March 2011, 3:05 pm

lilcago wrote:I don't know if this post is out there if there is i guess I am going to start another one(sorry). With me and my husband thinking about having out 1st baby, my thoughts on how we would bing this baby into the world seem keep turning to a natural child birth. Never before did I even give thought to the idea of natural child birth and I used to think it was crazy, but for some reason it seems like the only way to go. my reason for going natural was to stop putting the chemicals in my hair for overall health of my hair, so why wouldn't I take the same care with my baby and not introduce epidural and other medicine to speed up the labor. if i take so much care in my hair, I feel that I would need to multiply that a bazillion times for my child.

Has anybody had natural childbirth, or is anyone thinking of having one? what's everyone's thoughts on natural childbirth?

I like this post... It seemed like since I started the NATURAL hair Journey, I too wanted to do everything else in my life NATURAL... I started NATURALLY exercising... I say NATURALLY because I jog outside in NATURE and use the street stairs, I use trees as my balance if I am doing squats, lol bounce

I am NOT going vegetarian, but I make sure I eat alot of natural green foods...

And my Ole man and I had talked about having kids soon... I also want to have a natural labor/birth...

So yes, I see where u are coming from... Going NATURAL with my hair made me want to do plenty of things in the NATURAL state, lol
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 17th March 2011, 5:42 pm

Go for it! You can do it! I did! cheers
However, I was only in labor for about an hour and 45 mins. If I had one of those all day situations I might have considered it.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by symmy 23rd March 2011, 3:17 pm

My son will be 3 months next week and I had a natural labour. This is my 1st child but i knew I wanted to atleast try to have a natural labour b/c there are side effects of an epidural that can occur and it can also slow down the labour. Well i went from 3cm to 8 cm in 45 mins. and my labour was only 2 1/2 hrs. Maybe if it was a lot longer I would have given in, but maybe it was super quick b/c i didnt have an epi ??? I would do it again tho, b/c i liked not being restrained to the bed & i was able to get up & walk around right away!
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNaturelle 23rd March 2011, 3:59 pm

affraid GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!

Seriously, God bless all of your natural birthers. That could NOT be me....i aint even thinkin about having a kid right now, but I've been around enough screaming women to know that drugs will be in full effect! lol
NewlyNaturelle
NewlyNaturelle

http://naturellev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 23rd March 2011, 5:02 pm

Im currently a labor and delivery nurse. My best advice is to listen to your heart and body. Dont let other pressure you into decisions about your birth. Also keep an open mind when going into the hospital and know that the medical staff is doing what's best for you and your baby. If you dont feel comfortable speak up and voice your concerns. Open communication with your nurse/MD/midwife will make your experience so much better.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down