CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

+31
jellybeanOH
Umph
Sweet Tee
dajewel
WalkingInDestiny
Jezebel
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
ajsimmons8
Jo Somebody
freckledmom4
luvinlife225
fuzzypuff
krys419
infamous doll
CarlaAR
tiashaunteƩ
CherryWill_1
JessiWantsCurls
Ladybird
BekkaPoo
BajanPrincess82
NeeC1
Sunshyne
ChardaeD
KamsMa82
meepmeep1101
sydnisd183
Fleur
MissyCee
Lynnieluve
yldthng
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair - Page 2 Empty Re: OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

Post by fuzzypuff 11th March 2011, 12:29 pm

luvinlife225 wrote:Pluck?? Ha! I wish that's all I had to do! Its all about the razor over her for about 11 yrs. Thank goodness I'm blessed with a husband who does't give me the side eye when I'm in the mirror shaving with him. Laughing

This had me crackin up at my desk. My co-worker asked if I was losing it LOL Let's not get started talking about mustaches....that in itself has been a lifelong torment for me!!!!
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair - Page 2 Empty Re: OFF TOPIC: A Different Kind of Natural Hair

Post by CarlaAR 11th March 2011, 1:14 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:
luvinlife225 wrote:Pluck?? Ha! I wish that's all I had to do! Its all about the razor over her for about 11 yrs. Thank goodness I'm blessed with a husband who does't give me the side eye when I'm in the mirror shaving with him. Laughing

This had me crackin up at my desk. My co-worker asked if I was losing it LOL Let's not get started talking about mustaches....that in itself has been a lifelong torment for me!!!!

I gave up on my fight against my mustache. For now, its winning, but if it gets thicker...

The funny thing is, there is a website for women with mustaches, LOL. (Why was I searching for it?)
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 11th March 2011, 2:13 pm

^^^^ There is?!?! Whoa.... I'm actually tempted to check it out LOL
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by infamous doll 11th March 2011, 6:10 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:I am 30, and got 3 chin hairs right after the birth of my son......and 2 on my NECK. Try plucking a @#$& hair out of your NECK. That ish HURTS!!!!! affraid

Oh yeah I forgot about the neck one. I have that and the one between my chin and neck. Whatever that little space is called lol. And that neck hair is long cause it went undetected
infamous doll
infamous doll

Back to top Go down

Post by infamous doll 11th March 2011, 6:12 pm

CarlaAR wrote:
fuzzypuff wrote:

I gave up on my fight against my mustache. For now, its winning, but if it gets thicker...

The funny thing is, there is a website for women with mustaches, LOL. (Why was I searching for it?)

Dang I forgot about the mustache!!!! And ugh a website dedicated to it, you will never see my face.
infamous doll
infamous doll

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th March 2011, 6:24 pm

CarlaAR wrote:I started growing those suckers in my teens, so I have no sympathy for you! LOL

I'm constantly plucking. Sometimes I just shave those suckers in the shower...smh

ME TOO! But I don't shave, just tweeze so I can get the whole thing because there is nothing worse than stubble:( My hubby and I have a running joke about it-my whiskers, his hairline-hey everybody got issues. Everytime my daughter sees me tweezing, she gives me the evil eye, like I'm trying to will this on her.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 12th March 2011, 6:21 am

As I sit here waiting for my beauticians to open to make an emergency eyebrow and 'tash threading appointment, I feel like just throwing my hands in the air, giving up and donning a full beard and woolly mammoth legs from today onwards!
I don't want chin hair! Nobody ever told me it was definitely going to happen! Crying or Very sad

Oh well....
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 12th March 2011, 10:52 am

Just found this thread and you ladies had me crackin up because I can so relate to the mustache and chin hairs. My problem is that no only do i have both, but darn it if the hairs are coming in gray. there is absolutely nothing pretty about having a long straggly gray hair sticking out of your chin. No
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 12th March 2011, 6:36 pm

OMG this thread is about me! lol! I am the hairiest woman I know I swear. I have to set aside a whole freakin' hour to shave! Seriously...the water gets cold, the sun sets, rises and sets again before my ass is done shaving. I have hair everywhere! I used to be so embarrassed when I was a girl before my mom would let me shave. I got talked about all the time. Now that I'm older I don't care. That's why God made wax and razors right? I seriously think I got a high dose of testosterone or sumthin though...

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 12th March 2011, 6:42 pm

@craving, girl you had me lmao with the "the water gets cold, the sun sets, rises and sets again before my ass is done shaving" lol! lol! lol!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 12th March 2011, 8:39 pm

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:OMG this thread is about me! lol! I am the hairiest woman I know I swear. I have to set aside a whole freakin' hour to shave! Seriously...the water gets cold, the sun sets, rises and sets again before my ass is done shaving. I have hair everywhere! I used to be so embarrassed when I was a girl before my mom would let me shave. I got talked about all the time. Now that I'm older I don't care. That's why God made wax and razors right? I seriously think I got a high dose of testosterone or sumthin though...

My teenager was hairier than normal - come to find out her hormones were out of whack - too much testosterone. Going on BC evened it out - MUCH less hairy now.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel 12th March 2011, 11:26 pm

CherryWill_1 wrote:i had my first one when i was 12!
im 17 now and i'm continuously at war with them ....smh

Wow 12. I didn't think people get them that early. I guess I learn something new everyday. I got my first one at about 25 and just got my second one at 30. I just pluck them and keep it moving. I'm good for over a month when I pluck them. I would never shave them because I dont want razor bumps under there Shocked
Jezebel
Jezebel

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 13th March 2011, 12:04 am

I have had the same problem. A friend of mine was told increase in magnesium decreases these occurences. She had had good results. Sometimes you will find them blended with calcium. Be careful with the extra calcium intake if you have ever had kidneystones. Good luck. Very Happy
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th March 2011, 2:16 am

i know how u feel....i have been having those hairs for years...and they grow so darn fast...
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 13th March 2011, 4:05 am

^^^ This right here, Girl!!!!

I have had my hairy chin since HS.

Been shaving for about 400 years now!

Offered to whoop a dude's arse when I was in college
cuz he had something to say about my beard!

Anyhoo, I did have laser treatment for it years ago,
and had I continued the 'maintenance visits',
they'd be gone by now.

C'est La Vie!!!!!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 13th March 2011, 8:39 pm

@ajsimmons8 , I feel you! gray chin hair is not attractive at all! I do my darnest to keep that area smooth. When I saw the first gray chin hair I had palpitations! seriously... maybe the palpitations were from too much coffee No
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 13th March 2011, 8:49 pm

lol! Y'all are killing me.

As with all things - it's all about perspective. Those of you who have to shave have made realize that, in the grand scheme of things, I just have TWO hairs. And even though I cringe every single time they show up, at least it's just TWO hairs.

So the next time they pop out, I'ma pull 'em like normal, but I'ma be thankful that it is ONLY two hairs and remember that it could be much worse.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by jellybeanOH 14th March 2011, 12:36 pm

CRACKING UP at my desk !!! lol! I was pulling on one as I opened this thread. I pluck at least once a week, they grow OVERNIGHT. I have three of them, OMG!!!! UGH !!
jellybeanOH
jellybeanOH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 1:05 pm

I find hair to be so weird. I've always considered myself to be pretty hairy (wild eyebrows, faint 'tash, annoying belly hair, have to shave my thighs [though maybe I wouldn't have to if I hadn't shaved them in the first place], pubes that go on to uncomfortable places, ahem!), but then I don't get the sideburns that some get, have never had a chin hair so far and don't have hairy arms at all. I wonder how it all works. Genes I suppose. Interesting stuff!

Are Black/coloured people hairier than Whites? I remember when I first started my physio course how relieved I was to see other girls with belly hair! I think growing up seeing White models in catalogues etc. with smooth, flat bellies, I wondered if I had hairs growing because I was Black, then I realised my sister's belly was smooth so I thought I must just be weird and went wild with a razor and shaving cream when I was about 10 years old. So it was great to see others were like me. I still wax/shave the belly out of shame. silent

Last edited by Jo Somebody on 14th March 2011, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some ramblings)
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikole 14th March 2011, 9:05 pm

I've got a plethora of them! I've had them since the birth of my second child. I also blame birth control. I have a rather personal question however, does anyone have those popping up in.....other places? I am actually getting my hormone levels checked this week! It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with all these natural hairs!!
Nikole
Nikole

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 14th March 2011, 9:08 pm

Hey Nikole, by "other places", I've had hairs on my "chest area" since my early twenties and I aint about to pluck any hairs off of the girls. lol!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 15th March 2011, 9:16 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:Hey Nikole, by "other places", I've had hairs on my "chest area" since my early twenties and I aint about to pluck any hairs off of the girls. lol!

Dang - I forgot about "those". They showed up about a year ago - one on one and two on the other. But I don't mess with those hairs. Like you, ain't ain't about to pull NOTHING outta the girls. I ain't never even cut them.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by martin1987 16th March 2011, 4:24 am

I have two hair like that! It is to my left side and the other burned area is on the left side of my chin. They grow very fast! I do not like pain, so I did not get them, but I cut them. They disappear for a week or two, then before I know they are back in full length!

martin1987

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 17th March 2011, 7:31 pm

I've also been getting them since high school. I pluck them and they leave scars. It's a viscous cycle. They are also showing up on my neck now. Sad
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 17th March 2011, 8:24 pm

How funny is this? Fortunately I don't have to deal with the chin hairs, but my younger sister (she's 22) does! She cracks me up at how she'll just pull those suckers out with her fingernails when she finds them.

Unfortunately for me, I get random hairs on my chest, and yes even my breasts! I mentioned it to one of my friends and she copped to having the same issue.

"I know!" she said laughing. "They look like eyelashes!"

Whenever I see them I pluck them as soon as I get out of the shower lol
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2