CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What DT do you use/recommend?

5 posters

Go down

What DT do you use/recommend? Empty What DT do you use/recommend?

Post by miah_23_ncb 7th March 2011, 9:51 pm

I am going to Henna my roots only & need recommendations for a non protein DT ?

TIA

miah_23_ncb

Back to top Go down

What DT do you use/recommend? Empty Re: What DT do you use/recommend?

Post by naturallynola 7th March 2011, 11:23 pm

What deep conditioner do you usually use? I have found that my routine conditioners work. As long as it is a solid moisturizing condish, you will be good to go. If it is not, you can add olive oil and honey and that should do it. I do typically add banana baby food to my condish when I henna. Personally, Aubrey Organics White Camellia is my go to condish. I rinse out my henna with Yes To Tomatoes and my hair feels soft even when I rinse with that one. Bueno suerte!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by miah_23_ncb 8th March 2011, 6:24 pm

naturallynola wrote:What deep conditioner do you usually use? I have found that my routine conditioners work. As long as it is a solid moisturizing condish, you will be good to go. If it is not, you can add olive oil and honey and that should do it. I do typically add banana baby food to my condish when I henna. Personally, Aubrey Organics White Camellia is my go to condish. I rinse out my henna with Yes To Tomatoes and my hair feels soft even when I rinse with that one. Bueno suerte!
I haven't found one yet, I used to DT all the time when i was relaxed and my hair still would feel dry. Right now I have just been doing a prepoo before i co-wash, with my leftover products from sizta to sizta. So i am currently looking for a good Dt.

miah_23_ncb

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 8th March 2011, 6:33 pm

The only conditioner that has worked for my hair is Giovanni (it has some protein though). I even use it after henna and it makes my hair sooooo soft.
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 12:50 pm

miah_23_ncb wrote:
naturallynola wrote:What deep conditioner do you usually use? I have found that my routine conditioners work. As long as it is a solid moisturizing condish, you will be good to go. If it is not, you can add olive oil and honey and that should do it. I do typically add banana baby food to my condish when I henna. Personally, Aubrey Organics White Camellia is my go to condish. I rinse out my henna with Yes To Tomatoes and my hair feels soft even when I rinse with that one. Bueno suerte!
I haven't found one yet, I used to DT all the time when i was relaxed and my hair still would feel dry. Right now I have just been doing a prepoo before i co-wash, with my leftover products from sizta to sizta. So i am currently looking for a good Dt.

Why do you pre-poo before a co-wash? confused
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by miah_23_ncb 14th March 2011, 6:22 pm

Jo Somebody wrote:
miah_23_ncb wrote:

Because it works for me. I have a history of dry hair & i figured if people can pre-poo then i can "pre-co wash". I have had great results and my hair always feels very soft afterward.

miah_23_ncb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 28th March 2011, 1:04 am

miah_23_ncb wrote:
Jo Somebody wrote:
miah_23_ncb wrote:

Because it works for me. I have a history of dry hair & i figured if people can pre-poo then i can "pre-co wash". I have had great results and my hair always feels very soft afterward.

Cool. I don't even know why I asked that! Thinking about it, I dc on dry hair before washing (usually shampoo, occasionally co-wash), so I guess I pre-poo before a co-wash too! Smile
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 28th March 2011, 1:20 am

I tend to mix my own DC. I use Natures Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner and Garnier Fructis Smooth & Shine as regular conditioners. To make them a DT or DC, I mix coconut oil, oliver oil and honey to it.

Its perfect after a henna treatment...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down