CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mehandi Shampoo Bars

4 posters

Go down

Mehandi Shampoo Bars Empty Mehandi Shampoo Bars

Post by Lena_Jolie 9th December 2009, 10:56 am

Good morning ladies,

I'm on Mehandi.com getting ready to order more henna for my next application and I am tempted to buy a mehandi shampoo bar also. The description the site gives says that shampooing with these natural bars are so good that conditioning your hair after using them may not be necessary (I'd probably still condition though....I have to! lol) And it also says that these shampoo bars are ideal for hennaed hair.

I was tempted to buy some with my last henna purchase but I didn't. I'm feeling that itch again lol so I was wondering......

Have any of you ladies used any mehandi shampoo bars before? If so, which one(s)? Do you like them? Are they conditioning? Tell me your experiences [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Mehandi Shampoo Bars Empty Re: Mehandi Shampoo Bars

Post by LilMsPuddles 9th December 2009, 12:47 pm

Lena_Jolie wrote:Good morning ladies,

I'm on Mehandi.com getting ready to order more henna for my next application and I am tempted to buy a mehandi shampoo bar also. The description the site gives says that shampooing with these natural bars are so good that conditioning your hair after using them may not be necessary (I'd probably still condition though....I have to! lol) And it also says that these shampoo bars are ideal for hennaed hair.

I was tempted to buy some with my last henna purchase but I didn't. I'm feeling that itch again lol so I was wondering......

Have any of you ladies used any mehandi shampoo bars before? If so, which one(s)? Do you like them? Are they conditioning? Tell me your experiences [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I tied the peppermint nettle comfrey on myself and my son and didn't like it at all the smell was pleasant but it made our hair a tangled frizzy messes. I do want to try it again because I want to like it but right now the jury says guilty! There's a picture in my challenge blog about what it did to my hair in the section about me hennaing(Not pretty, hair PG-13 lol)
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 9th December 2009, 5:16 pm

I haven't used Mehandi's shampoo bars, but I did buy a shampoo bar from another site for $1.99 and I love it.

I detangled into 4 sections, and pre-poo'd with an oil for an hour or so before washing (as suggested through research I found online about the ingredients used in my specific shampoo bar--shikakai, amla, & bhringraj) I washed my hair in the pre-detangled sections and I had no issues with tangles nor dryness. It was actually the most "slick" my hair has ever felt while washing (even with co-washing).

I have photos of my results in the "i'm back dec 2009- feb" folder in my fotki.

I say check into the ingredients in the bars and their benefits to match your hairs specific needs before purchasing b/c that will probably make a difference in what results you get as well.

Last edited by Jonezy on 9th December 2009, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 9th December 2009, 6:11 pm

I purchased the Lotus/Ylang-ylang Mehandi Shampoo Bar for soft and fragrant hair with my last henna order. Eh--It's okay; nothing to write home about. It doesn't strip the hair, but it doesn't leave it "soft and fragrant" either. I'm going to continue using it until it's gone, though, that's for sure. Gotta get my money's worth. It's better than Qhemet's shampoo, which completely strips my hair. Bottom line: It cleans the hair very well w/o stripping.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena_Jolie 11th December 2009, 9:16 pm

Thanx for all your input ladies!! I kept looking at the different choices and felt like I wanted them all lol

@ LilMsPuddles, your experience sounds like what happened to me when I tried to use Dudu Osun black soap as my natural shampoo. Talk about tangles!!! Sheesh! It definitely cleaned my hair but it was soo not something that I could deal with while washing. It kinda gave a semi-stripped/too clean feeling. So not doing that again

@ krenea, the Lotus/Ylang-Ylang was one of the top contenders that I was debating over in the end. It was between that and the one with the Nettle in it b/c I read somewhere about nettle being a a growth stimulant or a helpful agent with growth or what not (but that was for dietary nettle I think.....gotta go look it up again)

@Jonezy, I checked out your fotki; your hair is gorgeous!!!! I need to start sectioning my hair when I wash my hair but its a task that scares me everytime. Maybe I'll suck it up and section next time and see if it helps any for my washing routine

I didn't get to order my henna and mehandi bars like I planned (so much going on, its so crazy....) but when I do, I'll keep in mind that I should section my hair and prepare for tangles [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 12th December 2009, 2:53 am

Jonezy wrote:I haven't used Mehandi's shampoo bars, but I did buy a shampoo bar from another site for $1.99 and I love it.

I detangled into 4 sections, and pre-poo'd with an oil for an hour or so before washing (as suggested through research I found online about the ingredients used in my specific shampoo bar--shikakai, amla, & bhringraj) I washed my hair in the pre-detangled sections and I had no issues with tangles nor dryness. It was actually the most "slick" my hair has ever felt while washing (even with co-washing).

I have photos of my results in the "i'm back dec 2009- feb" folder in my fotki.

I say check into the ingredients in the bars and their benefits to match your hairs specific needs before purchasing b/c that will probably make a difference in what results you get as well.

I'm going to try that and see if it works for me and my peppermint/nettle/comfrey bar. I hope it does because I'd hate to have wasted this money, or maybe I'll just use it as soap!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down