CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MrsCottonCurls

+3
MissyCee
NylaCoils
MrsCottonCurls
7 posters

Go down

MrsCottonCurls Empty MrsCottonCurls

Post by MrsCottonCurls 1st March 2011, 1:06 pm

I had my last relaxer on 6/1/2007 and I completed my transition in May 2008. As of 3/1/2011, I am past shoulder length but not quite at my initial goal of BSL while straightened. I would actually like to update my goal to BSL while curly (as opposed to straight) which will probably end up being MBL when straightened.

My biggest obstacles are single strand knots & hairline breakage from putting too much stress on my hairline (pulling my puffs too tight is my enemy). I also HATE protective styling, but I know that it's something that I'm going to have to embrace to reach my goal & limit those fairy knots. Since I am still not willing to wear twists & braids everyday as a PS, I have decided to wear buns. So I am going to incorporate twists & buns as my go to PS. With that being said, I am beginning a new regimen this week! I hope to stick to this regimen for at least 6 months. I have also vowed not to press my hair for 1 year. That year will end September 3, 2011. So that will also end my 6 month regimen challenge as well. I will do a length check in September to see my progress!

My 6 month regimen will be as follows:
1. Weekend - Prepoo with Dabur Vatika Oil overnight or for atleast 1 hour.
2. Section & finger detangle on dry hair.
3. Sundays - Shampoo once with Giovanni 50:50, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, or Aussie Moist shampoo.
4. Condition & detangle with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration , Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, or Aussie Moist conditioner.
5. Monthly, follow up with Giovanni Protein Treatment
6. Deep Condition using ???????? with plastic cap under low heat for 20-30 minutes or without heat for at least 1 hour. Detangle again if needed.
7. Apply Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner.
8. Seal with coconut oil, jojoba oil, or evoo.
9. Bun (loose) or twist with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie or my own shea butter/evoo/aloe vera gel/coconut milk whipped concoction.
10. Spritz 1-2 times daily with water/evoo/conditioner mixture, focusing on ends.
11. Monthly - Some type of ayurvedic treatment. I haven't decided what combination I'm going to be using yet. My options are Amla powder, Brahmi powder, kalpi tone, & Rasoul clay. I don't think I want to use henna because I heard it loosens your curl pattern. I don't want my pattern any looser, I acutally like it Very Happy One of my hair idols (MopTopMaven) uses these powders & she swears by them.

That's it! Wish me luck because I'm going to need it. If anyone has a deep conditioner recommendation, please let me know. I really wanted to try Jessicurl Weekly DC because I've heard such great things about it, but I am a stickler for being able to purchase products in an actual store. I have to see, smell, & sometimes touch products before I spend my hard earned money...lol.
MrsCottonCurls
MrsCottonCurls

Back to top Go down

MrsCottonCurls Empty Re: MrsCottonCurls

Post by NylaCoils 1st March 2011, 1:14 pm

Welcome to Curl Street and Good Luck!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st March 2011, 1:20 pm

Welcome!!! Good luck with sticking to your program. Your hair will definitely thank you!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2011, 2:33 pm

Welcome to Curl Street! Good luck and I love Darcy's Botanical Deep Conditioner. Before I found that I would add honey & EVOO to a conditioner and that worked too!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd March 2011, 1:52 am

welcome!! a reggie always works best for me and u reap the benefits in the long run! and umm yea...Darcy's is THE BEST!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 2nd March 2011, 12:13 pm

I am having a problem with committing to a regime I have been natural for 10 months & I am still havinng problems w/dryness but I definelty commend you on sticking to regime Good luck
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 2nd March 2011, 12:35 pm

good luck!!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCottonCurls 2nd March 2011, 1:19 pm

Thanks for all of the encouragement ladies! Anyone have any deep conditioner recommendations that I can buy in person from a store instead of having to purchase Darcy's online? (unless I can buy Darcy's in a store & I'm just not aware of it Smile
MrsCottonCurls
MrsCottonCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum