CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna on thick hair??

+8
Natural Wheezes
caramelnapps
LOVELYREAN
tiashaunteƩ
ChrsLvsBks
adiaha
ShyCurl
curly+kinky+fierce
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Henna on thick  hair?? Empty Henna on thick hair??

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 8th December 2009, 8:25 pm

Hola! Ok so I really want to Henna but I have a few questions. Ok so is it ok to do henna on a twa?? My MAJOR question is..What are the effects of Henna on already thick hair? My hair is super thick and I dont want to end up looking like a tree! I did do research but I was just wondering is there any thick haired curlies on here who do Henna, and if so what are your results??
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Henna on thick  hair?? Empty Re: Henna on thick hair??

Post by ShyCurl 8th December 2009, 8:45 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Hola! Ok so I really want to Henna but I have a few questions. Ok so is it ok to do henna on a twa?? My MAJOR question is..What are the effects of Henna on already thick hair? My hair is super thick and I dont want to end up looking like a tree! I did do research but I was just wondering is there any thick haired curlies on here who do Henna, and if so what are your results??

Thanks so much CKF for asking the question about Henna on a TWA!!
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 8th December 2009, 9:14 pm

No prob!! U know we must get ALL the info we can!!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 8th December 2009, 9:31 pm

@CKF, so Im no expert and I have not done a henna treatment yet but I have Fotki stalking people, and I know plenty of the people I stalk have thick hair (I try to follow people whose hair I believe is closest to mine, which is thick and coily) and those who have used henna speak of its conditioning properties and some curl definitions but no excessive thickening. I'll be following this thread because I'd love to know some others experiences.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th December 2009, 10:02 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Hola! Ok so I really want to Henna but I have a few questions. Ok so is it ok to do henna on a twa?? My MAJOR question is..What are the effects of Henna on already thick hair? My hair is super thick and I dont want to end up looking like a tree! I did do research but I was just wondering is there any thick haired curlies on here who do Henna, and if so what are your results??

Yes, you can henna a twa. You would probably need only about 50 or so grams of the henna. You can always make more and use it for henna glosses or another henna treatment.

I consider my hair thick. Henna thickens the hair strands. It is very hard to describe the feeling. I henna often and have not noticed my hair getting more thick, in terms of its size overall (hope that makes since). I also use ayurvedic herbs like amla, brahmi and maka which also strengthen the hair. I have not noticed any noticeable difference looking at it. I definitely felt the difference after my first henna.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 8th December 2009, 10:18 pm

@adiaha...thanks girl! Thats what i need to do...fotki stalk! I have a hair idol on there which i love! I love that girl's hair!!!

@chrs..thanks! u do have thick hair! so did it make ur hair really smooth ?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 8th December 2009, 11:42 pm

thanks Ladies with your Replies!!
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 9th December 2009, 12:15 am

My hair is thick so I was afraid the henna would make it thicker. I have only done it once and so far my hair feels stronger but not thicker Smile
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th December 2009, 12:33 am

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:@adiaha...thanks girl! Thats what i need to do...fotki stalk! I have a hair idol on there which i love! I love that girl's hair!!!

I didn't think my hair felt smooth but the strands felt thicker. It is so hard to describe. I wanted a co-worker/friend to feel it the first time I did a henna treatment then thought, uh, she doesn't know what it felt like before.

If you do it, I hope you will notice.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 9th December 2009, 1:13 am

@ tia & Chrs..Thanks ...Im sure gonna try it!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVELYREAN 9th December 2009, 6:23 pm

I have been applying henna to my hair for about 3 months now. I love the results. My hair haas been compared to the thickness of berber carpet before I even put henna in it. I don't think you can get much thicker than that!! Don't let the pictures fool you. I know it probably looks like it's not that thick, but it is, and has a ton of body. I'm was so nervous about the henna at first because my hair is already super thick. But I thought, why not, someone has to represent the TWA's with henna!! The henna from my personal experience didn't make it thicker, it just seems to make it not shed. So therefore you will have more hairs on your head. Also, the overall condition of my hair is outstanding with henna, as is the curl definition. Although, I do find that my curl pattern at the top of my head, which is already loose, is getting looser but it will come back after a few washes. That's okay though, because I am growing out my hair to whatever length it gets to. I really hope this helps any other TWA's out there considering henna. Peace.
Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by LOVELYREAN on 3rd January 2010, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
LOVELYREAN
LOVELYREAN

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 9th December 2009, 6:38 pm

LOVELYREAN wrote:I have been applying henna to my hair for about 3 months now. I love the results. My hair haas been compared to the thickness of berber carpet before I even put henna in it. I don't think you can get much thicker than that!! Don't let the pictures fool you. I know it probably looks like it's not that thick, but it is, and has a ton of body. I'm was so nervous about the henna at first because my hair is already super thick. But I thought, why not, someone has to represent the TWA's with henna!! The henna from my personal experience didn't make it thicker, it just seems to make it not shed. So therefore you will have more hairs on your head. Also, the overall condition of my hair is outstanding with henna, as is the curl definition. Although, I do find that my curl pattern at the top of my head, which is already loose, is getting looser. That's okay though, because I am growing out my hair to whatever length it gets to. I really hope this helps any other TWA's out there considering henna. Peace.
Very Happy

Thxs LovelyRean, I havent done the BC yet but when I do I will try henna on my TWA!! Your Curls are amazing!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVELYREAN 9th December 2009, 6:44 pm

OOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Remember to post photos when you do!
LOVELYREAN
LOVELYREAN

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 9th December 2009, 6:48 pm

That is the only thing that scares me about Henna. I don't want my curl pattern to change at all. I like how my hair felt after Henna but I think I am only going to do it 1-2 times a year.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 9th December 2009, 8:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @lovely! Oh my! ur hair is beautiful! But thats my main concern..the hair at the crown of my head is wavy...it may go straight and that would be bad!

But thanks for representin girl!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVELYREAN 9th December 2009, 8:34 pm

@ CurlyKinkyFierce....Could you send me a close up of your hair. I absolutely love your hair. I can't wait till my hair grows out to that length. I was thinking that I would cut back on the henna to twice a year like Tia mentioned just to maintain my curl pattern. I have found out that henna is a protein based conditioner. So, if your hair is protein sensitive it might dry you out a bit. You can still use a conditioner after the henna to combat that. Like CurlyNikki, I too use the Aubrey Organics Conditioner and it makes my hair feel awesome after the henna.
LOVELYREAN
LOVELYREAN

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 9th December 2009, 9:47 pm

Aww~ will do! Im still on the hunt for the aubrey organics! Im probably gonna order some henna soon and give it a shot! Im gonna send u a pic in ur box.
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVELYREAN 9th December 2009, 10:19 pm

Thanks chica!! I absolutely love your curls and the cut is off the chain!! I'll be looking for the pic too! What a Face
LOVELYREAN
LOVELYREAN

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelnapps 10th December 2009, 8:55 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
curly+kinky+fierce wrote:@adiaha...thanks girl! Thats what i need to do...fotki stalk! I have a hair idol on there which i love! I love that girl's hair!!!

I didn't think my hair felt smooth but the strands felt thicker. It is so hard to describe. I wanted a co-worker/friend to feel it the first time I did a henna treatment then thought, uh, she doesn't know what it felt like before.

If you do it, I hope you will notice.

I agree my strands felt thicker and my hair felt stronger....
caramelnapps
caramelnapps

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 10th December 2009, 10:05 pm

thanks for the input..and i [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ur avatar! Cant wait to get that length!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 11th December 2009, 5:44 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @lovely! Oh my! ur hair is beautiful! But thats my main concern..the hair at the crown of my head is wavy...it may go straight and that would be bad!

But thanks for representin girl!

Oh crap! I forgot about that part... My hair in the front and crown is waaayyyy looser than the rest of my hair. If that stuff went straight I would be too mad! I wonder if I could just do it for less time and still get a little deposit of color? That's the main reason I want it, for the color and the strengthening properties.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th December 2009, 12:10 am

See! Thats what I want it for!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th December 2009, 1:20 pm

I have thick hair also, and I've henna'd twice so far. My hair doesn't seem any thicker, but the strands do seem stronger and my hair has more of a shine to it. Also, the hair around the perimeter of my head has a looser curl than the middle (I call the middle my nappy patch, lol) and I haven't noticed any loosening of the curl patter...it has the same curly/waviness that its always had. I think that just happens to some people.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th December 2009, 3:08 pm

ok Thanks BajanPrincess! ur hair is beautiful!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 14th December 2009, 1:18 am

Danke!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next