CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finger coils??? conditioner or gel??

+3
ReRe71
.:Eden:.
NaturallyLovinIt
7 posters

Go down

finger coils??? conditioner or gel?? Empty finger coils??? conditioner or gel??

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 27th February 2011, 7:41 pm

Hey Everyone,
I've been experimenting with finger coils and was wondering if gel or conditioner worked best for you?? as far as hold with no crunch also what are some reviving tips you use when your coils get smushed from sleep??? Thanks in advance for your responses

Last edited by MissNewlyNatural on 27th February 2011, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling lol)
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

finger coils??? conditioner or gel?? Empty Re: finger coils??? conditioner or gel??

Post by .:Eden:. 27th February 2011, 9:08 pm

If your hair is kinkier I would suggest using gel if you want that hold with little to no frizz. If it is looser then you can get away with using conditioner. If you do not want the crunch I would use a leave in conditioner, seal with an oil, an then add the gel. Layering the product will prevent you from getting too much crunch. Remember not to be too heavy handed though.

Hope that helps!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

finger coils??? conditioner or gel?? Empty Re: finger coils??? conditioner or gel??

Post by ReRe71 27th February 2011, 11:28 pm

I use my eco custard for my coils (eco styler gel, EVOO, EVCO). I get good hold and no crunch. I usually sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes, so they are nice and dry when I go to sleep and don't get smushed (I wear a satin cap).

ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovinIt 27th February 2011, 11:45 pm

im gonna have to try the custard! where can i get the Coconut oil from??? (EVCO is coconut oil right?) lol
NaturallyLovinIt
NaturallyLovinIt

Back to top Go down

Post by MsArabia 7th March 2011, 12:27 pm

I bought my EVCO from vitacost.com (really good prices on everything on their site) but you can find it at Earthfare if you have one in your area as well.
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 13th March 2011, 8:53 pm

I followed MsVCharles techinique:
Coils in Under One Hr

This technique works well for me.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 13th March 2011, 9:52 pm

Umph wrote:
I followed MsVCharles techinique:
Coils in Under One Hr

This technique works well for me.

OMG - I'm so glad you posted that link. I love how she gets her coils. I can't wait until I get enough hair to do that.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 14th March 2011, 5:48 pm

When I did the coils I used Eco styler gel w/olive oil Then I added some more oil to it because I thought it would dry my hair out
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 14th March 2011, 8:39 pm

I can't believe how easy it is and that I get results JUST like MsV did!

@Sebastain13 I used Eco OO gel too, each day I oil my hair and that helps keep it soft. I only had crunch on day 1.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down