CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna in Afghanistan

3 posters

Go down

Henna in Afghanistan Empty Henna in Afghanistan

Post by denni11 25th February 2011, 7:39 am

Since this is my first post let me thank all of you for providing me with so much helpful information!!

I am currently in Kabul on my last 14 days of a very long deployment. (we can talk about THAT later)

In any case, I have not lived in the U.S. in about 14 years and up until last summer I always kept my hair braided (extensions). As I was preparing to come here I knew there would be no one to braid my hair and I just don't know how. So a friend of mine said just go natural and I said OK.

I started in June, and quickly spent a bunch of money trying to find my magic formula. Then I got here to Afghanistan where the water is made of Chlorine and diseases.

THanks to this site a a few others I was able to find the right stuff for my hair AND web stores that deliver to military addresses. I just completed my 4th Henna treatment today and even though I have had to modify my routine in order to fit these long days and no days off I have managed to get my hair into a very like-able place, all in time for me to go home!

Henna has done wonders with my hair and I love it!!!

I also wear a satin bonnet underneath my uniform fleece cap which has done wonders to fight the dryness, plus the air here is made of poison.

Here is a close up of my twists done this morning after my 4th Henna-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
denni11
denni11

http://kabuln210days.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Henna in Afghanistan Empty Re: Henna in Afghanistan

Post by NeeC1 25th February 2011, 11:52 am

Hi denni11 -
You go girl. You have your natural looking fierce over there in the sandbox, while I'm CONUS and haven't even STARTED yet! (LOL) My goal is to henna ... and soon! Would you mind sharing your recipe (i.e. if you add oils or other additives to it)? Thanks. I wish you safe travels home. Stay Blessed!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by denni11 26th February 2011, 2:11 am

Hey NeeC1! Thank you!!

As far as my henna recipe I use Jamila Henna some Amla, honey, and coconut hair milk- I did it on dirty dry hair because I don't have too much time but as you can see after 4 treatments its doing well.

After I rinse I sleep with a DC- this time I used Aubrey- but I mixed in some honey and coconut oil.

I let my hair air dry and used the coconut hair milk as a leave in, sealed with BSP and I used a little MHC type 4 twist out cream-

Once you get started with the Henna you will see why everyone loves it-
Take Care!
denni11
denni11

http://kabuln210days.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bpjedi 26th February 2011, 4:48 am

@denni11

Thank you for all that you do Smile I hope the next 14 days go well, and that you have a safe trip home. My thoughts are with you, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that here.

Your hair looks fab, by the way!
bpjedi
bpjedi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down