CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feminine Form

5 posters

Go down

Feminine Form Empty Feminine Form

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 9:58 pm

Hey ladies! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on workouts I could do that would help me trim my total body but still maintain a feminine shape. I am currently doing Insanity 3 days a week but my upper body seems to be bulking up rather than slimming down. I would really like to have my "graceful dancer" shape back. Any tips and suggestions are welcome.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Feminine Form Empty Re: Feminine Form

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 11:32 pm

hey girl. i have to say that i really like the 2 Jillian Michaels dvds and the 2 Jackie Warner dvds I have. Most involve hand weights but if you're afraid of bulking up, you can always do the moves without the weights. You'll still get a great workout. You can go to walmart and get all those and they also have some Dance workout dvds. Maybe those would be good. And I TOTALLY hear you about the pretty back. I want one of those too!!! lol
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 15th February 2011, 11:45 pm

Ever tried yoga? If you do the poises correctly you will see some real results.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 16th February 2011, 12:24 pm

Physique 57! I can't say enough about it, I love the results, it is a ballet based system that aims to give you a long, lean dancer's form. It is full body, they work arms, then thighs, then seat, then abs. There are a lot of ballet barre workouts out there, Pure Barre, Barre3, Booty Barre. Check them out on Amazon but I love Physique 57.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st February 2011, 7:53 pm

I've done yoga and it is so much hard than it looks!! You're right though, it does yield excellent results. Y'all have given me some good ones to think about... Lol, the pj in me is tempted to try them all. Thanx ladies!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st February 2011, 8:24 pm

Yeah, my sister is a Yoga instructor in NY (is opening her own studio too!!) and I went to one of her classed over the summer.....that was my 1st ever yoga class and it really IS harder than it looks or what people think. I was sweating a bit!! I could see it getting results but it's not enough for me. i need DRIPPING sweat!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 21st February 2011, 9:10 pm

misskris, I am a yoga instructor. Do you know what style of yoga she teaches? Have you ever tried a vinyasa yoga class? It is also called power yoga or hot yoga (not Bikram, I am not a fan of that method). I would imagine that it burns as many calories as a lot of aerobic type stuff, it is no joke. I definitely sweat when I do yoga.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd February 2011, 6:59 pm

I have not lost any weight for a few weeks but am definitely toning. I strength train using on weight machines three days a week. I do two repetitions each exercise. It typically takes me 20 minutes to complete the routine. I go to one machine then the other then back to the original machine while working opposing or separate muscles.

Lying Calf Raises - 200 pounds then
Lying Leg Press - 200 pounds
Adductor - 195 pounds then
Abductor - 200 pounds
Back Extension - 60 pounds then
Ab Machine - 90 pounds
Chest Press - 60 pounds then
Upper Back Machine - 60 pounds

Free Weights
Overhead tricep - 25 pounds then
Biceps - 15 pounds each hand

I am appreciating how my body looks. I need to incorporate yoga and stretching.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd February 2011, 10:46 pm

courtrhapsody wrote:misskris, I am a yoga instructor. Do you know what style of yoga she teaches? Have you ever tried a vinyasa yoga class? It is also called power yoga or hot yoga (not Bikram, I am not a fan of that method). I would imagine that it burns as many calories as a lot of aerobic type stuff, it is no joke. I definitely sweat when I do yoga.

Hey Court. That's funny, my sister teaches Vinyasa. So that is the only kind I have tried. She used to teach Pilates too which I have tried but don't care for it too much. Is Vinyasa the style you teach? It was okay and I would do it again but still prefer the more sweaty workout methods like aerobic stuff.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd February 2011, 10:49 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I have not lost any weight for a few weeks but am definitely toning. I strength train using on weight machines three days a week. I do two repetitions each exercise. It typically takes me 20 minutes to complete the routine. I go to one machine then the other then back to the original machine while working opposing or separate muscles.

Lying Calf Raises - 200 pounds then
Lying Leg Press - 200 pounds
Adductor - 195 pounds then
Abductor - 200 pounds
Back Extension - 60 pounds then
Ab Machine - 90 pounds
Chest Press - 60 pounds then
Upper Back Machine - 60 pounds

Free Weights
Overhead tricep - 25 pounds then
Biceps - 15 pounds each hand

I am appreciating how my body looks. I need to incorporate yoga and stretching.
Hey Chrslvsbks....how have you been?? And go head liftin all them weights!!!! I a can lift some heavy weights in the legs but when it comes to arms, I am a weakling!!! My legs have always been my strongest muscle group from having done dance since the age of 3 to 7th grade and then track all thru high school. Just always had strong legs. Never had upper body strength. Working on it though. And all that weight you're lifting I bet you ARE appreciating your body!!! Keep it up!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum