CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone use Soapnuts?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone use Soapnuts? Empty Anyone use Soapnuts?

Post by Afrosaxon 29th October 2009, 4:15 pm

Does anyone here use soapnuts? how do you use them and what are your benefits so far? also
there seem to be may forms of liquid soapnut detergents for laundry, which contian nothing but soapnuts saponified, since its already conveniently bottled would any here consider using this on your hair? benefits seem to be stopping hair loss which is a major pluss. using the actual nuts and boiling them seems to much of a hassle. one thing too is that, would soapnuts remove silicones? I seem to be at a fork maybe, with using stuff with cones which i like (mixed chicks, aveda be curly etc) and having to use milder surficants to remove them, we know sulphates are not good for scalp care and shampoo bars dont seem to remove cones? But we all want good unhibited growth...right? I would think if the laundry stuff could remove the stuff in dirty clothes why not hair? we are not realy pouring straight silicone into our hair right? so another question would be... would liquid soapnut be just as good as cocobetaine surfucant or whatever they are called..teehee. Cuz milder surficants have no real benefit to hair other than cleaning but the latter does! keep it real!
Afrosaxon
Afrosaxon

Back to top Go down

Anyone use Soapnuts? Empty Re: Anyone use Soapnuts?

Post by rebelrocks 29th October 2009, 4:51 pm

Does Dr.Bronners Castille Soap count? I wash my hair with it..and it is WONDERFUL! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Afrosaxon 29th October 2009, 5:21 pm

I guess but dr. bronners and soapnuts are completely different. Dr. bronner is oils and sodium hydroxide mix to make a soap mixture like most hard natural soaps. But soapnut is from a nut you just crack it open and add boiling water and suds appear... kinda neat. Using soapnuts wouldnt require us to use apple cider vinigar solution to remove residue which is a problem with most natural soaps. Do you rebelrocks feel a residue after using dr. bronner. I have heard many reviews on this product but never tried it!
Afrosaxon
Afrosaxon

Back to top Go down

Post by curlymev 16th November 2009, 1:01 pm

I have heard alot about this product, i would like to know the answer to your question too. I think soapnut is the same as aritha. From what i have read, it's suppose to remove buildup, so i hope that's includes cones. I know that baking soda will remove cones, but you will have to do a acv rinse with it.

curlymev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum