CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out

+7
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
ChelleBelle
11 posters

Go down

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Empty ChelleBelle: This is my story

Post by ChelleBelle 19th January 2011, 11:59 pm

Here goes....

After 18 months of transitioning, I took the plunge and cut my remaining relaxed ends. My initial goal was to transition for a year and then BC. Well June 2010 came and went with no BC (Six inches sounds like a lot of hair until you actually see it on your head with major shrinkage). In order to not feel like a complete failure I did a mini chop and had about 4 inches cut off instead. With this I set the new goal to transition for another year and be relaxed ends free in June 2011. Well, I didn’t quite make it because I cut off the rest of my relaxed ends on December 23, 2010.

This was actually my second attempt at transitioning. The first time was in 2006. Due to a lack of knowledge about how to successfully transition, I caved in after 6 months and relaxed my hair. Fast forward 3 years and I was ready to try again. I started my quest for natural hair again in September 2009 when I decided to fore go my next relaxer. My last relaxer was in June of 2009.

I am still coming to terms with the texture of my hair, trying to avoid curl envy, adjusting to the long hours it takes to do it, and figuring out what products work best. Yet, at the end of the day, I am pleased with what I see and am looking forward to what lies ahead.

Hair at beginning of transition
ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Profil12

Signature style during transition (twist n' curl after mini chop)
ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out 60433_10

My hair now....The first styles I've attempted since being 100% natural.

Twist Updo (French Braid with Pomp)
ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out 100_1910

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out 100_1911

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out 100_1912

Twist Out
ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out 100_1913

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out 100_1914

ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Empty Re: ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out

Post by Lynnieluve 20th January 2011, 12:11 am

Welcome to Curl Street and your first styles are really cute!!!!

Yes with longer natural hair comes lots of work. I am missing my TWA more and more each month. My hair goal is APL. My plan is to reach it by Aug 2011. Once I reach that goal, I think I will cut my hair....LOL!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Empty Re: ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out

Post by sweetdrk1 20th January 2011, 12:16 am

Welcome to Curl Street!

your hair is beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th January 2011, 12:44 pm

Welcome to Curl street, love all of your styles!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th January 2011, 12:57 pm

Welcome! You have such beautiful hair! Your long transition paid off! I agree with the other ladies, all of your styles are cute!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelleBelle 20th January 2011, 6:48 pm

Thanks Ladies!
ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 4:34 am

great story!! ur hair is beautiful n u are up on it wit the styles!

welcome dance
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th February 2011, 2:17 pm

Welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 8th February 2011, 5:30 pm

Welcome!!! Great hair!!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2011, 10:54 am

Welcome to the block ...

You seem to be doing pretty good - love those sytles
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 9th February 2011, 12:33 pm

Welcome! Nice, hair.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelleBelle 21st February 2011, 8:30 pm

This is from several weeks ago but... I washed my hair in the mini twists I had in previously (big mistake)...my hair was super frizzy and tangled. So, I retwisted the twists which took much longer than usual (due to all of the shed hairs still being in my head). I used Shea Moisture Brilliant Curl Shampoo. I also tried out the Bee Mine products for the first time (Bee Lovely Conditioner, Luscious Cream Moisturizer, & Curly Butter). For some reason my hair didn't seem to like these products as it felt dry while applying. Halfway through my twisting session I switched to what I usually use when doing my mini twists (kimmaytude leave-in). I left the updo in for a week or so. The night before doing the twist out I remoisturized by saturating my hair in aloe vera juice and then applying more of the kimmaytube leave in. Out of mostly busyness and some laziness I wore the twist out for 2 weeks and it held up pretty well. I naturally shed a lot (always have) so needless to say I had a marathon detangling session when I finally got around to doing my hair. (I should have taken a picture of the small animal that shed from my hair after 3 weeks of not being detangled) But I think it wasn't as horrific as it could have been due to me using the tangle teezer (which I absolutely love).

Mini Twist Updo
ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Mt_110

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Mt_210

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Mt_310

Twist out
ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Mto_110

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Mto_210

ChelleBelle: Mini Twist Updo & Resulting Twist Out Mto_310
ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd March 2011, 2:48 pm

did you use the kimmaytube leave in under the moisturizer?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelleBelle 3rd March 2011, 7:05 pm

No, I used the moisturizer then the curly butter on top of that.
ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th March 2011, 4:23 pm

I would try it the kimmaytube leave in then use the moisturizer and butter to twist.

I found that the moisturizer worked good when I wanted to retwist my hair or to add moisture to a dry style. I didn't like it on my freshly washed hair. I hope this helps.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelleBelle 7th March 2011, 12:48 am

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right about using it that way instead. I'll see how that works.
ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th March 2011, 1:49 am

I should of never come here because now I have style-envy, lol! Not only is your hair beautiful, but your styling is so neat and intricate! My favorite is the Twist Updo with the Pompadour.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th March 2011, 11:24 am

Love the pin up and the twist out!! I took my mini twist out yesterday after wearing them for 2 weeks. I will be detangling tonight (which I am not looking forward too) and washing tomorrow!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down