CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEL ????

+6
meepmeep1101
kekesmom29
Indigo.Blue
Niqui36
ChrsLvsBks
creolebeauty1
10 posters

Go down

GEL ???? Empty GEL ????

Post by creolebeauty1 19th January 2011, 5:04 pm

I use eco styler gel , i tried them all and own them all from the clear to the black one but i like the black one better they all when dry make my hair super hard and i have to use it a few days before wash day if i want a new style Is there any gel out there i can use for my ponytails and buns that don't harden your hair when you use it Oh i use a whole bunch of it this time because i was trying a hight bun and the back of my hair is not as long as it use to be since i cut the perm ends off any suggestions ? confused
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

GEL ???? Empty Re: GEL ????

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2011, 5:23 pm

I like Joie's MyGel and Koils by Nature's gel. You can also try aloe vera gel (Fruit of the Earth, Lily of the Desert brands), aloe vera gelly (Lily of the Desert) or shea butter.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 19th January 2011, 5:59 pm

I like flaxseed gel. It has hold but doesn't make my hair hard at all.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 19th January 2011, 6:04 pm

I love Aloe Vera Gel...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 19th January 2011, 6:37 pm

OKAy i will try the aloe vera gel brand i have some i add to my products but that 1 is the diet supplement i'm assuming that's not the 1 right ? also flaxseed gel is made right i need a recipe for it if anyone had 1 Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 19th January 2011, 7:27 pm

I like Smooth N Shine Curl Activator Gel...but not sure if I will have enough hold for you.
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 19th January 2011, 7:29 pm

I like using Ouidad Heat & Humidity Gel. It is a pretty penny, but it has a nice hold and if u feel the hold slippin, it activates again by putting some water on it Smile
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 19th January 2011, 7:47 pm

For flaxseed gel, I use 1/4 cup of flaxseeds boiled in 2 cups of water. After draining I add some vitamin e, and whatever essential oil I want. If you search it on youtube you will find a bunch of recipes. I (kind of) follow this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaH8GIbLrM
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 19th January 2011, 10:53 pm

i use softee;s olive oil gel. it holds my curls but doesnt leave my hair feeling crunchy.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 19th January 2011, 11:08 pm

thank you @ niqui i will look into it and start making my own Smile i'm loving this mixing stuff in my kitchen part of being natural lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th January 2011, 12:00 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I like Joie's MyGel and Koils by Nature's gel. You can also try aloe vera gel (Fruit of the Earth, Lily of the Desert brands), aloe vera gelly (Lily of the Desert) or shea butter.

Is there a difference between aloe vera gel and aloe vera gelly? I have used FOTE/LOTD AV gel straight of bottle. Embarassed I didn't know there was anything else. I thought they were one in the same when people said to use AV gel as a styler.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 20th January 2011, 10:32 am

I like IC fantasia styling gel. Either the clear kind or the green kind. They don't dry hard and they give lots of shine. Lol and it's cheap ($4) at CVS for 16 oz. As other ladies said, aloe vera gel is also nice.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 20th January 2011, 10:59 am

creolebeauty1 wrote:thank you @ niqui i will look into it and start making my own Smile i'm loving this mixing stuff in my kitchen part of being natural lol

You're welcome! I'm starting to get more into mixing myself. One day soon I want to try making my own leave in conditioner and deep conditioner. I have all the ingredients, I've just been lazy and haven't done it yet.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 20th January 2011, 1:09 pm

when you do please share i love it because i think that way i know for "sure" whats going in my head lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2011, 2:03 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:I like Joie's MyGel and Koils by Nature's gel. You can also try aloe vera gel (Fruit of the Earth, Lily of the Desert brands), aloe vera gelly (Lily of the Desert) or shea butter.

Is there a difference between aloe vera gel and aloe vera gelly? I have used FOTE/LOTD AV gel straight of bottle. Embarassed I didn't know there was anything else. I thought they were one in the same when people said to use AV gel as a styler.
The gelly is like what we typically think of in terms of consistency of gels. Here is a picture of the aloe vera gelly. I have used the gel and gelly for a soft hold. I prefer the gel since it
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th January 2011, 3:07 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Is there a difference between aloe vera gel and aloe vera gelly? I have used FOTE/LOTD AV gel straight out of the bottle. Embarassed I didn't know there was anything else. I thought they were one in the same when people said to use AV gel as a styler.
The gelly is like what we typically think of in terms of consistency of gels. Here is a picture of the aloe vera gelly. I have used the gel and gelly for a soft hold. I prefer the gel since it

Thanks so much! I don't think I've ever seen the gelly before or didn't pay attention. I'll definitely be checking it out now. Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 21st January 2011, 11:26 am

I've recently discovered how to get super soft hair with eco. I just use a little JBCO before I apply it.
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum