CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darcy's Botanicals

+5
sweetdrk1
Fleur
Vanisia3G
aggiegem
playdoh
9 posters

Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Darcy's Botanicals

Post by playdoh 5th January 2011, 5:16 am

Hey ladies- I've been hearing about Darcy's alot lately, and am just wondering, what are her products like? I know alot of that stuff sounds sinfully delicious (I looove stuff that smells good, haha) and so they have piqued my interest. I'm not much of a product junky though, so I have yet to try them. COme on in and share some of your thoughts about the products!

playdoh

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Re: Darcy's Botanicals

Post by aggiegem 5th January 2011, 1:10 pm

I have the peach kernel oil and I like it a lot. I use a tiny bit after I do the oil cleansing method. It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel oily. I also applied it to my heels and it helped make them softer.

I recently purchased the avocado and wild plum twisting cream without glycerin because it's winter time and gets really cold here. I also got the cherry kernal palm butter in key lime. I got these both from the Black Friday sale.

The verdict is still out on the twisting cream. I'm not liking right now. I used it alone and my hair didn't seem moisturized when my hair dried. I used it on twists. I used it with the kernal butter and I didn't get the same results as I did when I used the butter with BRBC or the CD milk. I may end up trading this for something else or giving it to my roommate. Maybe my hair isn't a fan of the glycerin free type?

I am in LOVE with the cherry kernal palm butter. Serious LOVE. It is not filmy or oily and doesn't leave a residue if you use the right amount. I had used too much the first time and it was just a greasy mess. However, I have been consistently using it under Qhemet's BRBC and my hair is amazingly moisturized and plum and soft....I'm gushing, but I really do love the palm butter. I know some people aren't crazy about Carol's Daughter, but I did a twists out with CD hair milk (not the new formula) with the palm butter underneath and I got the same results. I'm in love Smile I will definitely reorder this again.

I ordered the madagascar vanilla styling cream and have since given it to my roommate. I may use this when I get kinky twists, but I didn't get results worth talking about. It just didn't do much for me and I wanted to love it.

I also have the natural coils curling jelly. It has an applesauce consistency. I haven't mastered how to use this yet, but I've kept it around because I used it one time when I was doing a wash n go and I had good results. I've been trying to recreate, but no success thus far. I'm going to try again when it gets warmer because I'm not doing any wash n gos in the winter.

I really want to try the peach kernal hydrating milk. I've heard good things about it and it may take the place of the CD milk.

I have the pumpkin seed moisturizing conditioner and I LOVE this stuff. I wish the packaging was different because it's kinda thick and pumping it out of the bottle has proved somewhat of a challenge. I will order this again and again and again lol

I want the cherry kernal oil because I love the smell Smile

I hope this helped some! These are just my own personal opinions about some of the products. the madgascar vanilla styling cream seems to be great for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanisia3G 5th January 2011, 2:37 pm

Thanks for the reviews aggiegem! I have been curious about darcy botanicals as well and haven't followed through with ordering anything.
Do you have to make an account with them in order to view the availability of their products? Everytime I go to their website it always lists everything as out of stock...
Vanisia3G
Vanisia3G

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 5th January 2011, 4:30 pm

No lol I lurked on the site for almost 2 months before ordering just reading through the reviews of the products before I placed an order. I signed up when I made my first order from the site.

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 5th January 2011, 4:30 pm

Also, she may not be fully stocked up and still trying to get Black Friday orders out on the ones that are still out of stock.

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th January 2011, 4:49 pm

Qhemet's has been closed since the day after BF. They won't open until mid-January. Darcy Botanicals reopened 12/12. I just went to the site and most of the popular products are available except for a couple of things. You can also find Darcy's at www.sagenaturalceuticals.com. I always get my orders in 2-3 days when I order from there.

Type Darcy Botanicals in the search box and you'll pull up more reviews and statements than you would want to read. I love their products except for the twisting creams. My hair loves glycerin year round.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 5th January 2011, 5:08 pm

I just went to the site too. Everything is in stock except for the hibiscus oil and the shampoo bar. That ALWAYS seems to be out of stock when I want to get it lol

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 5:11 pm

I want to try some of the other products but I am ashore for the deep conditioner! OMG my curls love it! My hair just absorbs it and holds on, even after I rinse it out I have soft shiny, moist curls! She gets Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven In my book!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 5th January 2011, 6:19 pm

I was wondering what the hooplah was all about too when I saw DB on everyones wishlist for Black Friday. I decided to get the deep condtioning mask and I am glad I did. I don't think my hair has every felt so soft and moisturized after a DC as it has with Darcys. Im definitely hooked. Not to keen on the scent its citrus like and Im not a fan of lemons and oranges but that didn't phase me
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanisia3G 5th January 2011, 7:29 pm

Thanks aggiegem and fleur! I checked out the site and their products look great! I'm excited to try something out :-D
Vanisia3G
Vanisia3G

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Darcy's Botanicals (Avocado & Wild Plum Twisting Cream)

Post by SwanLakeLibra 6th January 2011, 12:18 am

aggiegem wrote:I have the peach kernel oil and I like it a lot. I use a tiny bit after I do the oil cleansing method. It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel oily. I also applied it to my heels and it helped make them softer.

I recently purchased the avocado and wild plum twisting cream without glycerin because it's winter time and gets really cold here. I also got the cherry kernal palm butter in key lime. I got these both from the Black Friday sale.

The verdict is still out on the twisting cream. I'm not liking right now. I used it alone and my hair didn't seem moisturized when my hair dried. I used it on twists. I used it with the kernal butter and I didn't get the same results as I did when I used the butter with BRBC or the CD milk. I may end up trading this for something else or giving it to my roommate. Maybe my hair isn't a fan of the glycerin free type?

I am in LOVE with the cherry kernal palm butter. Serious LOVE. It is not filmy or oily and doesn't leave a residue if you use the right amount. I had used too much the first time and it was just a greasy mess. However, I have been consistently using it under Qhemet's BRBC and my hair is amazingly moisturized and plum and soft....I'm gushing, but I really do love the palm butter. I know some people aren't crazy about Carol's Daughter, but I did a twists out with CD hair milk (not the new formula) with the palm butter underneath and I got the same results. I'm in love Smile I will definitely reorder this again.

I ordered the madagascar vanilla styling cream and have since given it to my roommate. I may use this when I get kinky twists, but I didn't get results worth talking about. It just didn't do much for me and I wanted to love it.

I also have the natural coils curling jelly. It has an applesauce consistency. I haven't mastered how to use this yet, but I've kept it around because I used it one time when I was doing a wash n go and I had good results. I've been trying to recreate, but no success thus far. I'm going to try again when it gets warmer because I'm not doing any wash n gos in the winter.

I really want to try the peach kernal hydrating milk. I've heard good things about it and it may take the place of the CD milk.

I have the pumpkin seed moisturizing conditioner and I LOVE this stuff. I wish the packaging was different because it's kinda thick and pumping it out of the bottle has proved somewhat of a challenge. I will order this again and again and again lol

I want the cherry kernal oil because I love the smell Smile

I hope this helped some! These are just my own personal opinions about some of the products. the madgascar vanilla styling cream seems to be great for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me.

Hey Aggiegem:

You stated above that you purchased the Darcy's Botanicals Avocado & Wild Plum Twisting Cream w/o glycerine. Please be advised that reason why it felt dry could be because although it is "glycerine free", its not humentant (sp) free. We are all familiar with glycerine and honey as humetants but not the other ones such as Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Gycol (generally anythig with glycol has some type of humetant, even Castor oil acts as a humetant.

Here's the ingredients to her Twisting Cream: Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Distilled Water, Avocado Oil, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Botanical Oil Complex, Panthenol, Ximenia Oil (Wild Plum), phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol, Ylang Ylang, and Lemon Essential Oils.

This is "probably" the reason why the cream does not work for you. I tried it and could not use it, it dried my hair out too.

SwanLakeLibra
SwanLakeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 6th January 2011, 12:58 am

O lawd...let me run out of here......FAST!!!!!

LOOOL
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 6th January 2011, 12:50 pm

SwanLakeLibra...that makes me sad No I really wanted to like it. I guess I will be handing it off to someone else then.

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 6th January 2011, 1:39 pm

I love the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream - a lot. Its a bit, heavy so I use a very light hand on damp hair if I'm setting a twist out depending on the weather. A very light hand. I mostly use it as a sealant for my ends.

The Curling Cream Gel is another product I use to "set" my hair. I like that dries soft (no crunch), but the jury is still out on that one. I need to use it on 2nd or 3rd day dry hair like I do with KCCC occasionally.

I also have to Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Cream and it though it makes a good leave-in, the jury is out because I'm happy with Giovanni Direct Leave-In. My hair is porous and goes though a lot of product - especially water based products and in this weather I cant afford to be conservative.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum