CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New products ... have any of you used any of them?

+3
misskris
JessiWantsCurls
Color_Me_Coily
7 posters

Go down

New products ... have any of you used any of them? Empty New products ... have any of you used any of them?

Post by Color_Me_Coily 31st December 2010, 9:14 pm

Soooo... I decided to drive over to Target today and pick up new hair items (They have a great selection by the way) anyways...here are the new products that I got...I’m so excited to use them and will post pics when I do... My hair is currently in a protective style (two strand twist) I’m taking them out Sunday and getting them redone Thursday but I will be using them on Sunday as a test trial =D if any of you have ever used these products will you please tell me which one? and how did you like it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

New products ... have any of you used any of them? Empty Re: New products ... have any of you used any of them?

Post by JessiWantsCurls 31st December 2010, 10:27 pm

It looks like you had a good ol' time in Target!

I used the Cantu Shea Butter for the first time on Tuesday. (I went product crazy in Target last week ... lol) I actually had soft second day hair for the first time! Let's see if I can remember what I combined it with. OK, if I remember correctly, I co-washed with HE Hello Hydration, then did a lightweight protein treattment with the ORS Hair Mayonnaise stuff. I rinsed it out with ORS Replenishing Conditioner (to offset the protein). I have some honey and olive oil mixed in my Replenishing Conditioner.

Then I used the Cantu Shea Butter leave-in and sealed it with EVOO before applying the Motions wrap foam for my bantu knots.

I know that was a lot, but I guess I felt it was important to say what was used in combination with the Cantu Shea Butter. I've seen a lot of people using it for their twists and knots, so I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, so good in my book!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

New products ... have any of you used any of them? Empty Re: New products ... have any of you used any of them?

Post by misskris 31st December 2010, 10:40 pm

Oh yeah, Jessi reminds me that when I use the cantu I always seal it witn an oil as well, either jojoba or coconut. I love it, makes my hair nice and soft!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 31st December 2010, 10:53 pm

Yes to Carrots Conditioner. I love it. This has become my staple co-wash conditioner.. Much slip and moisture
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 1st January 2011, 12:01 pm

I have used the cantu shea butter for the kimmaytube leave-in with good results.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 1st January 2011, 1:10 pm

I used the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Restorative Conditioner(both of which I still have).

The Smoothie in my opinion is really thick and can leave a white film/buildup if you use too much, so what I did was use a double boiler and put a couple of scoops of the smoothie on top melt it down, add a tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbs grapeseed and a little jojoba. Mixed it together put it in a separate container-put it in the fridge for awhile and now its a more creamy consistency I can work with.

The Restorative conditioner I didn't like as a conditioner it was too thick also so I started using it as a moisturizer since it can be used as a leave in as well.

I have the Coconut and Hibiscus shampoo along with the Dr. Bronners Castille soap but I haven't got a chance to use them just yet so can't give a review.

Good luck....
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 1st January 2011, 7:50 pm

Thanks Smile
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 6th January 2011, 6:35 pm

I LOVE YTC as a detangler (anytime) and leave-in/styler for W&G's (during the summer)

I also LOVE Shea Moisture. I use the hibiscus curl milk because it is lighter for my fine hair. Use as a leave-in and styler. It keeps my hair moist and soft...even in a protective style. I also use the Shea Deep Treatment Masque as a DC. They all smell so yummy!

You got so much stuff...good luck getting around to using them all Smile
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 6th January 2011, 6:36 pm

And AMEN on your Tag line! dance
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 6th January 2011, 6:38 pm

yacoomba wrote:I used the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Restorative Conditioner(both of which I still have).

The Smoothie in my opinion is really thick and can leave a white film/buildup if you use too much, so what I did was use a double boiler and put a couple of scoops of the smoothie on top melt it down, add a tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbs grapeseed and a little jojoba. Mixed it together put it in a separate container-put it in the fridge for awhile and now its a more creamy consistency I can work with.

The Restorative conditioner I didn't like as a conditioner it was too thick also so I started using it as a moisturizer since it can be used as a leave in as well.

I have the Coconut and Hibiscus shampoo along with the Dr. Bronners Castille soap but I haven't got a chance to use them just yet so can't give a review.

Good luck....

Have you seen CN's post today (1/6/11). Go look, because the Curly Police would arrest your for drug paraphanalia (spelling?) Talking bout, you gonna use a double boiler and melt down ingredients. If they see that in your trunk/car, they gonna think you running a Meth lab lol!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down