CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The BC---Decisions!!! Decisions!!!

+9
Afrocenluvv
Kea::curls
p_nuttie43
.:Eden:.
loveself247
kbelle
traveljunkie08
HAMPTONSFNST
JazzyCurlyRN
13 posters

Go down

The BC---Decisions!!! Decisions!!! Empty The BC---Decisions!!! Decisions!!!

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 3rd December 2009, 3:55 pm

So I decided that I MUST indeed do a BC on my head because my straight ends are killing... It is my intension to do it on FRIDAY!!! I just have one question

When you did your BC who cut it?

As of now I am planning on cutting it myself for the extra liberation, and going to a barber on Saturday morning to get a little more shape to it... So another question what was you BC experience like...
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

The BC---Decisions!!! Decisions!!! Empty Re: The BC---Decisions!!! Decisions!!!

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 4th December 2009, 12:47 pm

I'm thinking about doing mine tomorrow when my cousin visits from VA. I intended to just get a trim but after my co-wash last night and viewing PRETTYDIMPLES01 on Youtube I think it's best to just get it over with so I can savor my natural texture. I'm not sure I can wait until March 2010. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 4th December 2009, 1:41 pm

If you feel it's time, it probably is. That's what happened to me. I planned to transition until spring (making my total transition about 18 months), but couldn't take it anymore. So, I knew it was time.

I did the BC myself, then the next day went and had it evened out. One of the mistakes I think I made was not DCing immediately after the BC. I co-washed before I did it, but that wasn't enough. So be sure you DC after.

Post pics, please! And good luck. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

The BC---Decisions!!! Decisions!!! Empty Go for it - if you are ready.

Post by kbelle 4th December 2009, 1:54 pm

Hi, I just did my BC on Wednesday. I was like you and on Sunday after my usual washing I just couldn't STAND the straight ends anymore. I had transitioned since June and although I was going to wait until January, the scissors were calling my name.
So I snipped and snipped and snipped. I was kinda afraid of doing the very top of my head because believe it or not it was difficult to see the line of demarcation (is that right spelling?) -- come to find out the texture there was very different so it's good I waited, I would have been a lopsided mess LOL.
Anyhow, I went to my stylist on Wednesday and she evened it up and trimmed the top. I am BEYOND happy! I am not at home, but I will change my avatar soon when I get home and let you see it.
I say that my first fears were -- okay, what products or how will I keep it moisturized, etc. etc. But once it was done, I couldn't stay out of the mirror LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
i agree with the others, if you feel ready --- I bet you are!
Keep us posted! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 4th December 2009, 9:33 pm

@JazzyCurlyRN go for it if "YOUR" ready. If I was still home in Detroit I would be there to support you sista cause I know I will need it when my time comes. But I am with you in spirit. I have yet to do my BC, so I can't tell you what it's like, but I can't wait to do mine!!!!!!!!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 4th December 2009, 10:58 pm

I did my own BC then had my stylist trim me up about a month later. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I let someone else do it. I actually was going to have someone cut it, but I got impatient and did it myself. It was exhilarating, emotional, and one of the most memorable moments of my life. I felt like I cut off years of baggage. It's a wonderful experience.

Good luck to you!!!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 5th December 2009, 1:19 am

Update so after a long, stressful day at the hopsital I walked in the door, showered, had dinner, cuddled with the hubbs, and when he went out for "boys night" I CHOPPED it off!!! I cried a little but I am so happy. In the morning I am gonna have a barber trim and shape it because my regular stylist won't do it (the idea of me cutting was harder for her). I feel awesome!!! The hubbs is excited I sent him a picture text which said look what I did today :-) will post pics soon.

Thanks for the advice and support!!! Good luck to everyone on their BC and congrats to those who have already done it...
run
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 1:33 am

JazzyCurlyRN wrote:Update so after a long, stressful day at the hopsital I walked in the door, showered, had dinner, cuddled with the hubbs, and when he went out for "boys night" I CHOPPED it off!!! I cried a little but I am so happy. In the morning I am gonna have a barber trim and shape it because my regular stylist won't do it (the idea of me cutting was harder for her). I feel awesome!!! The hubbs is excited I sent him a picture text which said look what I did today :-) will post pics soon.

Thanks for the advice and support!!! Good luck to everyone on their BC and congrats to those who have already done it...
run

CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!
...I cried a little to Embarassed

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 5th December 2009, 2:00 pm

cheers Yay! Congrats!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 5th December 2009, 3:45 pm

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna see photos!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 5th December 2009, 5:48 pm

Congrats on your BC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 5th December 2009, 7:33 pm

I will post pics once I get in...
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Afrocenluvv 7th December 2009, 7:41 pm

I plan on doing my BC Dec 21, my Big chop wont necessarily be a "big" chop tho b/c my permed ends are so damaged and stringy its gonna seem like I am going to cut a few longer strings off. Im excited and nervous at the same time. I've been transitioning for almost seven months and I am ready!!!
Razz
Afrocenluvv
Afrocenluvv

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 27th December 2009, 4:42 am

@traveljunkie08~
You BC'd before your 18 months so how long did you BC for? What reason do you think it's best to DC right after your BC and what happened to you because you didn't?

Im BC'ng January 28 so im looking for as much information as posible. Im also planning on doing it myself and then going to the salon after. How long has it been since you BC'd your hair looks really cute!!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 27th December 2009, 3:27 pm

CurlyMo wrote:@traveljunkie08~
You BC'd before your 18 months so how long did you BC for? What reason do you think it's best to DC right after your BC and what happened to you because you didn't?

Im BC'ng January 28 so im looking for as much information as posible. Im also planning on doing it myself and then going to the salon after. How long has it been since you BC'd your hair looks really cute!!

I transitioned for 10 months. It's been a little over 2 months since I BC'd. More than likely, your hair will be really dry after you BC. Dry hair doesn't look cute no matter how you style it. I didn't give my hair the moisture it needed from the start, so the styles didn't look right which caused me not to feel "right" about my decision to BC. Once my hair became moisturized though, things began to change. HTH.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 28th December 2009, 9:02 pm

WOW! Traveljunkie08 Thanks for the advise i will remember that when i do my BC!!!...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by adawns73 29th December 2009, 6:37 pm

I got my last relaxer November 2008 and this past weekend I had all I could take as I washed my hair and couldn't do anything to it. Today I BC'd and I went to my regular stylist who specializes in natural styles. I was a little scared today to get it cut however I'm glad that it's done and glad to say I'm 100% natural.
The transition wasn't hard for me just stay determined and be patient. When you are ready to cut your hair go for it and don't look back.

adawns73

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyLeA 29th December 2009, 9:43 pm

My scissors are calling me and it's extremely tempting! OMG! I'm thinking i will BC on the 8th this month. This will be my 3rd BC and I AM READY!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Bring it on! lol
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 29th December 2009, 9:50 pm

@CurlyLea~

I LOVE your T-SHIRT GIRL!!!

JAN 8 you go girl thats a great start to a whole new YEAR!!!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSimone 31st December 2009, 10:29 pm

I'm BC'ing on Jan 8th also. I've been transitioning for a year and am ready to get these straight ends out. I'm going to a salon to have my BC done because I do not trust myself with scissors. Smile
MissSimone
MissSimone

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyLeA 4th January 2010, 8:23 pm

So I BCed a little early... Couldn't wait!

I love it and can't keep my hands out of it!

Anyone BC early???
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down