CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facial Scars

+4
Plzd2beme
NaptownCurls
Myeka33
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
8 posters

Go down

Facial Scars Empty Facial Scars

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 2:26 am

Hey curlies! Last Saturday I was in a car accident. I'm fine but the air bag deployed and scarred my face. Any recommendations on products that fade scars well? Also, I'm not the make-up wearing type but any suggestions on some good foundation?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I was taking my TWA out for a spin in this pic
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Facial Scars Empty Re: Facial Scars

Post by Myeka33 19th December 2010, 2:39 am

I'm sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are ok Surprised) Bio oil is good at fading scars. It is sold at CVS for $11(small bottle) and $20 (bigger bottle) but prices could vary by state. You can also google it if you want to know more about it...hope this helps
Myeka33
Myeka33

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 3:08 am

You know what? I have some of that in a cabinet somewhere that I had forgot about. Thanks for reminding me! I will try it! Wink
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 22nd December 2010, 10:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident but glad you're ok. Unrefined shea butter has worked great for me at fading blemishes, it'll work great at fading any type of scarring. Shea butter has so many healing properties.

As far as foundation, I use Sheer Coverage mineral foundation and concealer, which I love. I'm not sure of drug store/dept store brands, but I've seen, I believe it's called....the Queen Collection by Queen Latifah by Cover Girl you can get at CVS or other drug stores you could possibly check into. Also, IMAN has cosmetics I've seen at Walmart & Target. Using a concealer under any foundation would help conceal the scar better.

I wish you all the best, take care!
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Plzd2beme 23rd December 2010, 9:40 am

I had a minor operation to remove a cyst from my breast and the surgeon suggested that I use vitamin E to smooth out and fade the scar. I'm glad your well and your TWA is cute! Best of luck to you Smile

Plzd2beme

Back to top Go down

Post by thehfxgrrl 30th December 2010, 7:52 pm

Sorry about your accident. Yes, Bio oil, Emu oil, Vit E or Rosehip are all worth trying. Rosehip -if pure- is supposed to be very effective. Don't forget to cleanse well before applying any oil.

thehfxgrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 11th January 2011, 12:47 pm

So sorry to hear about your accident!!! Glad you made it out ok!

Did you have to have stitches or anything? Fromt he looks of the pic, it looks superficial...menaing it may look bad now but once it begins to heal and the scar closes it wont look as bad.

BUT I agree with the other ladies that pointed to the Bio Oil..it has worksed wonders for people I know and also Aloe Gel. You can get the Fruit of the Earth kind as it has no alcohol or additives. OR if you buy an Aloe plant...cut a piece off, squeeze and rub the juice from the aloe on the scar twice a day (morning and night)

Then when that piece is used up, cut another. Aloe is great because it naturally have vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids (proteins) eseential for healing of the skin. And it reduces and prevents inflammation.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by abelart 12th March 2011, 12:21 pm

Soften Facial Scars are use of Scar gel, Add lotion, Try almond Oil. Men's Facial Scars Increase Attractiveness like Good Judgement, Intelligence, Faithful, Affectionate.
Men's Facial Scars Increase Attractiveness

abelart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 12th March 2011, 3:03 pm

I'm glad to hear you're ok! It's not natural but Neosporin works woderfully. If I get a scape or burn, I use Neosporin until it heals then follow it with Bio Oil or something with Vitamin E. Works like a charm. Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down